IGNORED

Food Poisoning in Hospitality today?

Norn Iron

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Last time I say it. Possible but not likely. 

As you wish, but....

Symptoms of staphylococcal food poisoning usually begin abruptly with severe nausea and vomiting starting about 30 minutes to 8 hours after the contaminated food is eaten. Other symptoms include abdominal cramping, diarrhea, and sometimes headache and fever. Severe fluid and electrolyte loss may cause weakness and very low blood pressure (shock). Symptoms usually last for about a day, and recovery is usually complete.

Occasionally, staphylococcal food poisoning is fatal, especially in the very young, the very old, and people weakened by long-term illness.

I was sceptical as I had always believed that food poisoning took 24 hours to manifest itself.

Then I did a little bit of (very simple) research....

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As you wish, but....

Symptoms of staphylococcal food poisoning usually begin abruptly with severe nausea and vomiting starting about 30 minutes to 8 hours after the contaminated food is eaten. Other symptoms include abdominal cramping, diarrhea, and sometimes headache and fever. Severe fluid and electrolyte loss may cause weakness and very low blood pressure (shock). Symptoms usually last for about a day, and recovery is usually complete.

Occasionally, staphylococcal food poisoning is fatal, especially in the very young, the very old, and people weakened by long-term illness.

I was sceptical as I had always believed that food poisoning took 24 hours to manifest itself.

Then I did a little bit of (very simple) research....

So we have a continued diagnosis and a poster using a professional health qualification. 

I will report the issue to food.safety@bristol.gov.uk  and Bristol City FC Tomorrow morning  

How to report a food safety or hygiene issue

You can report a food problem in a restaurant, a food shop, a concern about an item purchased or with food ordered online to the local authority where the business is located. The local authority food safety team will consider the complaint and determine the most appropriate course of action.

Use this service to find contact details of the food safety team. You will have an option to email the team or use the local authority's website to report your issue.

What you can report

You can report:

• suspected food poisoning
  • a foreign object found in your food
  • dirty premises
  • poor hand hygiene
  • poor food handling
  • food with visible signs of mould or decay
  • food sold past its use-by date
  • unavailable or incorrect allergen information

5 hours ago, Porto Red said:

I could use RFS Cert. Arb. although quite how tree surgery is relevant is up for debate, bit extreme as a curative.

Do any of your other readers have superfluous qualifications entitling them to add letters after their name?

I could use my BOF Degree (Batchelor of Flatulance) but it's not really advisable with those  symptoms ??

• Haha 1