IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

Couple of things on IG and twitter spotted regarding a new movement and leaving Section 82. Not sure the old A block is really the place tbh would rather put the ‘Ultras’ ? in the Atyeo next to the away fans but you win some and lose some. Think the corners a bit dead now and frustrating how far away it is from the away fans.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Back in the day, Dolman  A and B block was rocking (Shows how old i am)........Thats was when Ashton Gate was a passionate and Hostile stadium....I am all for it. If it brings more atmosphere than currently displayed then crack on..

Exactly 

• Like 2

They will have an army of stewards ready to stop this Saturday so will have to be some thought put in. But if fans are finally getting organised and bringing some life back to the Gate then all for it and fully support it. It’s about time our young’uns did. Just need to get past JL’s tears. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Are they doing it properly and buying tickets in there or just ‘taking it over’?

Plus, I know it isn't the most popular spot for ST holders, but there will be a few in there. Anyone asked them if they're ok with this? Given they may have specifically bought their ST there on the basis that it isn't near the corner.

Having said that, I would generally be in favour of moving the vocal home fans nearer the away fans. It just might be something that needs to be done 'properly' - although if the catalyst for a 'proper' move is an organic ad hoc move - then so be it.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plus, I know it isn't the most popular spot for ST holders, but there will be a few in there. Anyone asked them if they're ok with this? Given they may have specifically bought their ST there on the basis that it isn't near the corner.

Having said that, I would generally be in favour of moving the vocal home fans nearer the away fans. It just might be something that needs to be done 'properly' - although if the catalyst for a 'proper' move is an organic ad hoc move - then so be it.

Out of interest and not a ‘dig’

What does done ‘properly’ mean?

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Out of interest and not a ‘dig’

What does done ‘properly’ mean?

• A Club sanctioned move of the - and I apologise for using the term - 'singing section'. 
  • Club sanctioned conversion of E34 to be unreserved - I assume that would be a preference, if it's not then don't worry about this.
  • A trade in of the current STs held in the corner and purchase of STs in block E34 - note that at current prices an adult ST in Dolman E34 is £450 compared to a South Stand ST being £375. This can of course happen in the summer if everyone decides to buy STs in E34.
  • A single adult match ticket in that block is currently going for £30. As @GTFABM says - are those moving buying tickets in E34 or are they just going to move round en masse and stewarding and ticket ts&cs be damned? Might be what some want - but doing that opens you up to a stadium ban from the club for breach of ticket ts&cs. 

Again, I am not against this move, and I am not particularly against the ad hoc move being proposed. But, if those doing this want it to stick then there needs to be thought put into doing it 'properly'. As I say, perhaps the way to start this discussion with the Club is to force it by making the move and then asking for forgiveness rather than permission.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

This is a great idea but I can see the club doing all they can to quietly kill it.

They don’t want the sort of atmosphere that comes from home and away fans interacting.

Agree. But hopefully the Lansdown’s laissez faire attitude towards our club will continue here for the next few weeks and then the new ex Palace CEO will embrace it - seeing as it’s what happened at his old club and has made palace one of the best atmospheres in the country.    Also if they are actively selling surely they want some atmosphere to promote the club. 

• Like 2

Just now, ExiledAjax said:
  • A Club sanctioned move of the - and I apologise for using the term - 'singing section'. 
  • Club sanctioned conversion of E34 to be unreserved - I assume that would be a preference, if it's not then don't worry about this.
  • A trade in of the current STs held in the corner and purchase of STs in block E34 - note that at current prices an adult ST in Dolman E34 is £450 compared to a South Stand ST being £375. This can of course happen in the summer if everyone decides to buy STs in E34.
  • A single adult match ticket in that block is currently going for £30. As @GTFABM says - are those moving buying tickets in E34 or are they just going to move round en masse and stewarding and ticket ts&cs be damned? Might be what some want - but doing that opens you up to a stadium ban from the club for breach of ticket ts&cs. 

Again, I am not against this move, and I am not particularly against the ad hoc move being proposed. But, if those doing this want it to stick then there needs to be thought put into doing it 'properly'. As I say, perhaps the way to start this discussion with the Club is to force it by making the move and then asking for forgiveness rather than permission.

Not being argumentative but why do fans need to ask the club where they sit? The club have done absolutely nothing to foster a good atmosphere so let the fans do it organically and as long as they aren’t hurting anyone there is no problem? 

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, lenred said:

Not being argumentative but why do fans need to ask the club where they sit? The club have done absolutely nothing to foster a good atmosphere so let the fans do it organically and as long as they aren’t hurting anyone there is no problem? 

When someone buys a ticket or season ticket they legally buy that ticket to sit in a specific seat - or in the case of the unreserved area a seat in that specific area. Sitting somewhere else breaks those terms and conditions. Being cold about this it has nothing to do with fostering a good atmosphere.

This condition is in clause 2.2 of the terms and conditions - "A Season Card permits you to occupy at the Match the seat indicated on the Season Card unless in a designated unreserved area or if the seat has been transferred to another area." For single match tickets clause 11.5 that says the same thing.

Clause 1.2 of the terms and conditions then says "The Club reserves the right to withdrawal [sic] any Season Card if any of the Terms and Conditions of Entry are broken by any Season Card holder."

So, what that means is that if you have an ST in one place and you go and sit in another seat the club can, technically, take your ST away.

Now, the terms and conditions do allow an ST holder to move seat for free, for up to 3 games a season. They also allow for a permanent seat move. But either moving for a fourth time or permanently moving requires written consent of the club and payment - for a single seat move the difference of the single match ticket and the pro rata price of the ST - in the case of an adult in the unreserved section moving to E34 this would be a payment of £14. For a permanent move you have to pay the difference between your ST and an ST in the new seat - adjusted pro rata.

Are the people moving seat doing it in accordance with their ST terms and conditions? If not they are at risk of losing their ST. 

Look, I know that people move seats all the time - I have done it myself many times - and I know that generally a blind eye is turned to it and it causes no issues. However where a large group do it I suspect that the usual blind eye will suddenly become not so blind, and some fans may unwittingly find themselves in hot water.

I am just raising this point so people might be aware of it.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4