IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

As I (admittedly somewhat confusingly) outlined above, the terms and conditions of a season ticket permit the ticketholder to move seats up to 3 times per season free of charge. There is no requirement to notify the Club, stewards, or anyone else prior to doing so.

image.thumb.png.340c3604740045aea482e8729e7faee9.png

Therefore if you are an ST-holder and you have sat in your assigned seat (or area if your ST is in the unreserved area) then you should simply explain to the stewards that you are using your right under clause 10.1 of your ticket terms and conditions, and are moving seat for this match.

If this will be the 4th time you have moved seat then yes you should contact the ticket office and pay the difference between the seat price in E34 and your pro rata season ticket price.

Alternatively if you are flush with cash just buy a match ticket in E34.

It’s not very well worded, I agree, but I don’t believe this means you are simply entitled to sit where you want three times a season.

It means that three times a season you can contact the club and get your seat switched to an alternative one - but they’ll give you a new ticket for the new seat - and potentially sell your usual seat. 

The context and the ‘definitions’ in the T&C help a bit - but not much! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It’s not very well worded, I agree, but I don’t believe this means you are simply entitled to sit where you want three times a season.

It means that three times a season you can contact the club and get your seat switched to an alternative one - but they’ll give you a new ticket for the new seat - and potentially sell your usual seat. 

The context and the ‘definitions’ in the T&C help a bit - but not much! 

I agree that's probably how the club would want to interpret it. I also agree that you'd generally expect tom have to contact the club beforehand. However, on a strict reading and interpretation, including the definitions section I think you'd be within your rights, and able to argue, that there is no requirement to speak to the club beforehand.

Yes it is poorly worded but that's the club's fault.

I guess there could be something in the "Ground Regulations" referred to in the T&Cs. I think that refers to a section within the "Club Charter" on the OS.

Now, in that section there is a term that says "All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer." So yes that does suggest that you have to get permission before moving seat, although it doesn't expressly refer back to 10.1 so you might argue that the express mention overrides the generic.

There is then also a catch-all clause saying "Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person: that fails (or in the Club's reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with these Ground Regulations or any reasonable instruction issued by a police officer or authorised steward; and/or whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

So if in the Club's reasonable opinion you sitting in E34 could annoy someone, anyone, then they can refuse you entry or eject you. This is what empowers them generally to eject anyone, for anything, at anytime.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

We’ll I’m getting a bit long in the tooth now,but have been considering moving back to A/B block,if others from the corner section want to move there in numbers all the better,now where did I store my Pringle jumpers and Los jeans.

There is stil some  original chaps present.

Its dark wash and black rinse Lois with a Goose from Canada for the long toothed chaps now.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Now, in that section there is a term that says "All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer." So yes that does suggest that you have to get permission before moving seat, although it doesn't expressly refer back to 10.1 so you might argue that the express mention overrides the generic.

@italian dave note that strictly reading that clause of the Charter I would say that "permission" could be granted by the steward in A block on the day. 

So going up to a steward (any steward) on Saturday and saying "Here's my ST, I've not moved more than 3 times already this season, can I please sit in E34 today" would not breach any rules. Of course the steward might refuse permission if he's already let 50 of your mates through.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@italian dave note that strictly reading that clause of the Charter I would say that "permission" could be granted by the steward in A block on the day. 

So going up to a steward (any steward) on Saturday and saying "Here's my ST, I've not moved more than 3 times already this season, can I please sit in E34 today" would not breach any rules. Of course the steward might refuse permission if he's already let 50 of your mates through.

Yes, I'd agree that you've probably got a case for arguing it.....but I'm not sure you'd get very far!!

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Reminds me of when the middle of the Atyeo split and H Block was created.  It did in some sense work well.  Not saying this A block idea is good or bad but the safety advisory group could very quickly close it down. I think some fans forget they dictate a lot of policy to the club that they either adhere to or risk having areas shut down.

I don't buy all this 'the atmosphere is poor because people are sat in x block' and because the club have sanitised the areas etc. It's because the football on display is uninspiring and has been for a number of years, it goes back to the end of the LJ era.  Remember when we were on a roll with GJ, Cotts and even those play off semi's with Wilson. The atmosphere all over the ground was good because the fans had something to get behind.  Improve the stuff on the pitch and the atmosphere will follow. 

I remember back then constant threads on here saying how the Atyeo is bad for acoustics and that was why we needed the east end. I agreed and loved going down the east end glad I got to experience that even if it wasn't the same as back in the day. 

Seems the away fans don't have a problem with creating an atmosphere in there though so it can't just be the type of stand. 

I sat in the bottom part of A Block for the Sunderland game and it was quite good. They bought loads and there was good backwards and forwards throughout the game. Thought it would be even better against teams like Cardiff. 

I think the club have made some good decisions recently and should be praised for their community work, but I'm inclined to agree that the club aren't really interested in their being a hot atmosphere that is hard to control.

I can kind of understand why from a business and headache point of view, but it's out of touch with a fairly large element of our fans. It's also not surprising as ultimately we are talking about billionaires and people from corporate backgrounds who make the decisions. As great as Ashton Gate is now, it is also a reflection of that clean (on the surface at least) and corporate world. It's no different from many grounds in that respect and for better, or worse that's how football is now. Look at Cardiff for another perfect example of this. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 3

Are the supporters club and trust now going to have to pop into the three lions to make sure they are happy with any future agreements?

An awful lot of work was done to get a safe standing area installed and now they want to move?

When the current "singing section" actually sing, they are joined by loads in the rest of the South stand and Dolman.....  they just need to sing....

I was appalled the other week when Scott Murray had his half time presentation. His surfer flag flew proudly before the game but, when it mattered most, at half time, it wasn't there. That area was empty. Everyone buggered off to have a pint! Great way to treat a legend!

It's nowt to do with the area, THEY need to do better....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

I remember back then constant threads on here saying how the Atyeo is bad for acoustics and that was why we needed the east end. I agreed and loved going down the east end glad I got to experience that even if it wasn't the same as back in the day. 

Seems the away fans don't have a problem with creating an atmosphere in there though so it can't just be the type of stand. 

I sat in the bottom part of A Block for the Sunderland game and it was quite good. They bought loads and there was good backwards and forwards throughout the game. Thought it would be even better against teams like Cardiff. 

I think the club have made some good decisions recently and should be praised for their community work, but I'm inclined to agree that the club aren't really interested in their being a hot atmosphere that is hard to control.

I can kind of understand why from a business and headache point of view, but it's out of touch with a fairly large element of our fans. It's also not surprising as ultimately we are talking about billionaires and people from corporate backgrounds who make the decisions. As great as Ashton Gate is now, it is also a reflection of that clean (on the surface at least) and corporate world. It's no different from many grounds in that respect and for better, or worse that's how football is now. Look at Cardiff for another perfect example of this. 

There are different factors at play too. I don't think the acoustics in the Atyeo are especially fantastic but it seems that the older the stand the better the acoustics in a lot of cases- hence why the EastEnd was excellent in this respect. I'm generalising a bit.

Agree on the clean and corporate side, modern grounds have headed that way.

Sunderland decent atmosphere agreed, think Watford at home also decent but that was because we put it in on the pitch, crowd responded and it was good all round. Talking wider atmosphere here- can big away followings help with atmosphere in the ground as a whole? Always an interesting debate.

As for away outsinging home or being noisier in a given stand I think that is inevitable in a lot of cases. You generally okay mahbe I'm outraged habe some harder core fans as a percentage in am away end, travelled a long way going to make most of it, more likely to stand than home for a range of reasons, start drinking earlier that can help. No one size fits but a lot of factors feed in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

But there comes a point when the corporate gleam becomes counter productive to securing new fans as it is meant to do. What is it that made us all fall in love with Bristol City as young people? Less likely was it to be about gorgeous football and stunning eras of success as it was about personality. Pride in the rough edges and the culture, fascination in the little pockets of chaos, and love and belonging in the soul and sanctity of Ashton Gate. 

I don’t see any of that right now. Young fans are well aware of the past and that they’re missing out, I don’t blame them for wanting to change that.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The back row or couple of back rows seem to get away with standing, although that varies.

True but there’s been plenty of times I’ve stood at the back of e34 and been told by stewards to sit even though I was in the back row . I pointed to him that everyone in the back 3 rows of e28 was stood up with no issue but he made about 10 of us sit down anyway .

3 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

True but there’s been plenty of times I’ve stood at the back of e34 and been told by stewards to sit even though I was in the back row . I pointed to him that everyone in the back 3 rows of e28 was stood up with no issue but he made about 10 of us sit down anyway .

It seems to vary granted. To me if stood up the back couple of rows and not drinking or vaping or blocking other views, well the club should just do nothing, intervening causes more bad feelings than it solves tbh.

(I don't agree with the alcohol rule either, Government need to look at that properly. Vaping I couldn't care less but presumably that is national legislation again).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

But there comes a point when the corporate gleam becomes counter productive to securing new fans as it is meant to do. What is it that made us all fall in love with Bristol City as young people? Less likely was it to be about gorgeous football and stunning eras of success as it was about personality. Pride in the rough edges and the culture, fascination in the little pockets of chaos, and love and belonging in the soul and sanctity of Ashton Gate. 

I don’t see any of that right now. Young fans are well aware of the past and that they’re missing out, I don’t blame them for wanting to change that.

I completely agree. 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

More than one entrance! ?

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The back row or couple of back rows seem to get away with standing, although that varies.

They gave up on asking the guys up there, as rightly pointed out to stewards on many  occasions ,  S82 stood before rail seating, away fans stand, all in the same stadium. Standing in the back row/2 rows doesn’t obscure any views. I sit up there . When it’s a big game people stand on the walkway at back . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

They gave up on asking the guys up there, as rightly pointed out to stewards on many  occasions ,  S82 stood before rail seating, away fans stand, all in the same stadium. Standing in the back row/2 rows doesn’t obscure any views. I sit up there . When it’s a big game people stand on the walkway at back . 

Am glad to hear some common sense has prevailed.

1 hour ago, Rebounder said:

AG is a sterile ground with next to no atmosphere. I hate it. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

And what's so frustrating is that it could easily be so different.

There's nothing different demographically between fans of our club or other English teams that mean AG is incapable of a good atmosphere. People on here talk about Bristol being "laid back" and "passive", but this isn't the 1800s, people move around the country so a culture unique to a City or football club isn't particularly realistic. It's not the same as comparing an English club to Boca Juniors or Galatasaray where the supporter culture is so different.

It takes a club to be receptive to initiatives that help build an atmosphere. Placing away fans en-masse behind a goal, with an area marketed towards our own vocal supporters as far away as possible is terrible for atmosphere. 

I agree re: acoustics, although I don't think the sheer size of the Lansdown stand helps. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Don't think you think that's a bit ott? Pre redevelopment there was East End (yes I know adjusted for modern times), at various times Dolman A and B, Dolman G replaced by the end of the subbers were on the move and at times Atyeo Block H.

Post redevelopment certain things haven't helped. Lansdown Stand size combined with demographics means a consistent atmosphere has been unlikely, as many mention the fap between away fans and some of our livelier ones, doesn't help. Some games have been quite good but not a great number post redevelopment IMO.

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

I remember helping out with the east end campaign what must be nearly 20 years ago.  Handing out flyers before chesterfield game midweek.   We eventually succeeded in the goal of getting it reopened.. and then after a while some fans started to sit in the far corner by the dolman.   So it’s not any particular stand it just feels like fans want to move around after a while.

I must of sat in Block C of the dolman for years and loved the noisy back of Block B that seemed to form.   We’ve got history of having vocal fans all over the ground really.   Even the Williams corner by the away end, remember that? 

I go back in a way to my original post - give the fans something to get behind on the pitch and I’ll instantly improve. One of my fav games must been on that retchid run that GJ early on (might have been home to chesterfield) and despite being several goals down the effort on the pitch led to one of the best atmospheres I can remember.   

Agreed, Bristol City FC play well when the fans support them.
Going down AG in last few years and just sitting there for 90 minutes with no atmosphere is not enjoyable. Too many plastics down there nowadays, and as seen, as soon as the team struggles, they stop going.
SL May like his “library style” atmosphere,but for me, watching football and making some noise, getting behind the team is all part of the fun of going down to watch City play.
Makes me think SL has taken the football club as far as he can.

25 minutes ago, TomF said:

I remember helping out with the east end campaign what must be nearly 20 years ago.  Handing out flyers before chesterfield game midweek.   We eventually succeeded in the goal of getting it reopened.. and then after a while some fans started to sit in the far corner by the dolman.   So it’s not any particular stand it just feels like fans want to move around after a while.

I must of sat in Block C of the dolman for years and loved the noisy back of Block B that seemed to form.   We’ve got history of having vocal fans all over the ground really.   Even the Williams corner by the away end, remember that? 

I go back in a way to my original post - give the fans something to get behind on the pitch and I’ll instantly improve. One of my fav games must been on that retchid run that GJ early on (might have been home to chesterfield) and despite being several goals down the effort on the pitch led to one of the best atmospheres I can remember.   

There was only a few dozen in on first day of re-opening, me and my boy were 2 of them, gradually built up. Remember the drums on the seats and we had trumpets in all if I remember. All sorts of streamer/confetti/balloon days followed, but it kind of fell apart after that if I remember right, dont know why, cant remember. Next thing Subbers marigolds and Santa hats were in The Williams.

Could be wrong in the way things happened but had some great days in there since 66/67 proper days at the footie?

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

As I (admittedly somewhat confusingly) outlined above, the terms and conditions of a season ticket permit the ticketholder to move seats up to 3 times per season free of charge. There is no requirement to notify the Club, stewards, or anyone else prior to doing so.

image.thumb.png.340c3604740045aea482e8729e7faee9.png

Therefore if you are an ST-holder and you have sat in your assigned seat (or area if your ST is in the unreserved area) then you should simply explain to the stewards that you are using your right under clause 10.1 of your ticket terms and conditions, and are moving seat for this match.

If this will be the 4th time you have moved seat then yes you should contact the ticket office and pay the difference between the seat price in E34 and your pro rata season ticket price.

Alternatively if you are flush with cash just buy a match ticket in E34.

what about those of us with season tickets in E34?? surely i have the right to sit in my designated seat? 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, TomF said:

The Williams corner was class…then after a season everyone was booted out.  Even then, when it was available again the lower section was good value for big matches.  

1 minute ago, sludge said:

what about those of us with season tickets in E34?? surely i have the right to sit in my designated seat? 

You do. Therein lies part of the problem with this proposed course of action. There are other problems conveniently being overlooked 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sludge said:

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sure. They can't sit in your seat. You've paid for that.

Likewise anyone who’s bought a single matchday ticket: they also have the right to that seat.

Which is why, however badly it’s worded, the season ticket terms and conditions relating to changing seats must require that it be done in advance of the game. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1