IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Agreed. 6.5 out of 10, normally he is 8.  @vidal misunderstanding my point I think 

Yeh. And I'll say the same for Semenyo. Good goal, a couple of good crosses, getting into good positions. But then also lost possession for the very early counter that led to their free-kick on the edge of our box, and has made a couple of other errors. But on the whole he's had a 7(ish) out of ten first half.

• Like 1

Good game, lively and open. Deserve the lead.

Been calling for it for weeks so glad we've gone with 4-3-3. 

Much prefer us more compact in defence and attack. Think we're better in possession too in this formation.

Scott in the attacking mid-role roaming forwards with 3 options, Semenyo (decent) left, Wells (good half) up the middle and Sykes (available but not hugely effective) right.

Tanner and Pring (shame about pen) supporting well. Vyner good half again. Prefer Naimsith CM too. 

Think Brum will look to stretch us more second half, as they did with the move to get the pen.

Fancy we've got another goal in this game though too.

• Like 1

Awful corner by Naismith at the end, knee high to 1st defender.

Overall deserve to be ahead. Great chance to make it 3-0 wasted by Semenyo needlessly running offside. Their penalty came from really weak challenges around the halfway allowing Bacuna to break away from 3 city players. Typical City really to gift a goal, after being in total control.

Let's hope we can get another and put game to bed.

• Like 1

Decent half from us, I will focus on the main moments only:

Our second goal - if that had been scored against us we would have defo expected a free kick to be given

Their penalty - in the build-up three City players failed to make a tackle on the halfway line 

Stating the obvious - the next goal is crucial 

COYR