IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Great interview. I’m still 100% behind him. But the Swansea bit near the end I absolutely loved. Go on Nige

Just listened to his interview - as you say, the last piece re Swansea was brilliant #fightingtalk

That performance today, should give everyone (players, management and supporters) a lot of confidence…..let’s back it up now with another win!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Great interview. I’m still 100% behind him. But the Swansea bit near the end I absolutely loved. Go on Nige

Just whack the wurzels on and crank it up to 11. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

Fair to say whether you rate him or not, the bloke has some real bollocks.

With Weimann & Conway unavailable today to continue to ignore the likes of Martin & Massengo & include 2 kids on the bench who have never started a single game at this level, plus pick as a third sub (& his only back up striker) someone who has never scored a goal at FL level with just 4 starts to his name, is very brave.

The outcry on here if we had got beaten with that bench would have been eye watering.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

For those of us who can't watch the video, what did he say about Swansea? :dunno:

“When Swansea come to us, here, they always have their door open and play Welsh music, with a big speaker. We have to listen to their stuff, so I’ve already given Scotty an English folk music playlist to play when we go to Swansea on Tuesday. So I think they’ll have to get ready for some really poor English folk music streaming from their tunnel, which, I think, is rather nice.”

Chefs kiss to that one, Nige.

• Like 1

He's starting to feel confident about the team.  If you look at who he is picking, it is done with an eye on the future. Why waste minutes on people who are leaving?  Better blooding inexperienced players, even if it's just 5 or 10 minutes here and there.   The quicker we get to 52 points the better. He can then start to properly blood the next youngsters.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

The more I see NP's Pre/Post match interviews the more I'm convinced he has to stay. When we're in a financial position to give him the backing he needs people can rightly judge him but until then I think he's doing a great job with what he has & has got the club heading in the right direction at last.

Edited by bpexile
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nige is a proper manager. Very few, if any previous City managers would make a comment like that. We’re lucky to have him.

I wonder if Scotty’s  English folk songs include the Wurzels - I can image ‘one for the Bristol City’ and our anthem ‘Drink up the cider’ followed by the Blackbird  song………….:rofl2br:

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Just listened to his interview - as you say, the last piece re Swansea was brilliant #fightingtalk

That performance today, should give everyone (players, management and supporters) a lot of confidence…..let’s back it up now with another win!

Can we now sell all the remaining tickets, 957 sold 1029 left

I’ve been in the Nige out camp for a little while (Lincoln in the cup scarred me) but I WANT to be swayed. I like him and I want it to work out. Beats the hell out of a Cardiff esque manager merry-go-round. A few more good results in the league and I’ll be over the moon to be eating a whole humble pie.

More on topic - the music thing is a great comment. Let’s bother the Jack ********.

Edited by BCFCGav
Being my own swear filter
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

Every side has poor performances. Some sides have them more consistently than others. But IMO we have never, ever had an awful performance when our backs have been against the wall. 

The players are playing for him, and they go out onto the pitch with a clear idea of what to do. You couldn’t say that under the last days of Johnson, you absolutely couldn’t say that under the last 8-9 games of Holden.

It’s as Simple as that for me. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

3 unacceprable performances this season - Birmingham A, Reading A, Lincoln H.

We are not that far away from getting consistency, performances haven't been as bad as been made out lately it's just coming without reward and individual errors costing us. NP has his hands tied in the transfer market unfortunately and I can't think of another Manager who would come in right now and change things. Said this all along by the way.

Glad to feel somewhat smug about our 4-2 win today and a great performance. Think Nige deserves some praise after some of the over the top social media abuse he has received recently.

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

We are not that far away from getting consistency, performances haven't been as bad as been made out lately it's just coming without reward and individual errors costing us. NP has his hands tied in the transfer market unfortunately and I can't think of another Manager who would come in right now and change things. Said this all along by the way.

Glad to feel somewhat smug about our 4-2 win today and a great performance. Think Nige deserves some praise after some of the over the top social media abuse he has received recently.

Good post. I agree. I’ve never felt in genuine danger of relegation with Pearson.

I think he’s done pretty well given the financial constraints.

There have been some questionable signings - namely Simpson and arguably King.. but no manager gets them all right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

I’ve been in the Nige out camp for a little while (Lincoln in the cup scarred me) but I WANT to be swayed. I like him and I want it to work out. Beats the hell out of a Cardiff esque manager merry-go-round. A few more good results in the league and I’ll be over the moon to be eating a whole humble pie.

More on topic - the music thing is a great comment. Let’s bother the Jack ********.

Not an English folk song bit can I suggest Hit The Road Jack?

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

I don't think our fans quite realise the mess that we as a club were in when Pearson came in. 

Nigels remit was to rebuild the club. That was never going to happen over night. 

We couldn't even get a shot on target at home back then. We had players that were not fit and we were inadequate in almost every department off of the pitch.

Over time there has been progress, little by little. Nige has brought a professionalism to the club that I don't ever really ever recall us having.

I laughed when I kept reading comments that Nige had lost the dressing room cos I don't think the effort of our players could be questioned. 

By and large I've felt that our performances have be fine. We've been rather consistent with the performances and that's all part of the process. Hopefully consistent results alongside the consistent performances will now follow. That's the next step. 

By the time Pearson leaves here I'm sure we'll all be saying he performed a miracle here.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2