IGNORED

Spurs Arsenal Literally Kicked Off

One Team

28 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I know it's only the one fan. 

But a minority of fans are seemingly thinking they can do what they want at the moment. 

A stage will have to come where if fans can't behave themselves then clubs could see some matches played behind closed doors. 

Usually agree with your posts but it's a bit drastic don't you think?

Struggle to see that we are anywhere near that stage, cannot be complacent of course but saw a stat the other day about arrests per x attendees at football and the same number at Glastonbury...the ratio was higher at the latter!

Surely it would take many stages of warnings, small measures etc etc before behind closed doors even becomes a discussion point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Usually agree with your posts but it's a bit drastic don't you think?

Struggle to see that we are anywhere near that stage, cannot be complacent of course but saw a stat the other day about arrests per x attendees at football and the same number at Glastonbury...the ratio was higher at the latter!

Surely it would take many stages of warnings, small measures etc etc before behind closed doors even becomes a discussion point.

Yea upon reflection maybe so. 

Things have definitely got worse at stadiums post covid and it does need to be stamped out. It seems post covid fans now think it's okay to act however they wish and I think I'm just worried about it getting out of hand. 

Assaulting a player is a total no no. We'd all be going mental if it was Ramsdale that went into the crowd and kicked the fan. 

I hope this guy is banned for life and recieves a criminal record and hopefully that will put others off doing the same. 

However if it does continue then other measures will need to be looked at. 

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea upon reflection maybe so. 

Things have definitely got worse at stadiums post covid and it does need to be stamped out. It seems post covid fans now think it's okay to act however they wish and I think I'm just worried about it getting out of hand. 

Assaulting a player is a total no no. We'd all be going mental if it was Ramsdale that went into the crowd and kicked the fan. 

I hope this guy is banned for life and recieves a criminal record and hopefully that will put others off doing the same. 

However if it does continue then other measures will need to be looked at. 

He will be looking at a custodial sentence aswell as the ban for life i would imagine.

• Like 3

The TV footage isn't clear but the reports suggest Ramsdale might have been goading the Spurs fans after the final whistle, sticking his tongue out, kissing the badge.

I am not condoning what the fan did, but......why didn't Ramsdale just pick up his water bottle and celebrate at the other end of the ground rather than wind up the Spurs supporters?

Goal celebrations are going the same way, after the pen against City on Saturday was an example. I don't think players should try to interact with opposition fans, nothing to be gained either way.

The players are rightly protected on the pitch but that doesn't mean they should take advantage of that and deliberately wind up opposition fans, number 1 rivals too. Walk away.

Others might not agree, just my view.

• Like 2

Didn't Deeney goads the South Stand/Singing Section Saturday after his penalty?

Fortunately we responded correctly ie with the appropriate chanting and no more but Austin last season also springs to mind- on level this sort of thing while part of the game can be a low level of incitement?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The TV footage isn't clear but the reports suggest Ramsdale might have been goading the Spurs fans after the final whistle, sticking his tongue out, kissing the badge.

I am not condoning what the fan did, but......why didn't Ramsdale just pick up his water bottle and celebrate at the other end of the ground rather than wind up the Spurs supporters?

Goal celebrations are going the same way, after the pen against City on Saturday was an example. I don't think players should try to interact with opposition fans, nothing to be gained either way.

The players are rightly protected on the pitch but that doesn't mean they should take advantage of that and deliberately wind up opposition fans, number 1 rivals too. Walk away.

Others might not agree, just my view.

He said he was taking a lot of stick and gave some back which was all taken in good nature. Ramsdale does stuff like that pretty much every match I believe, I think its quite good that he shows a bit of personality and has a laugh with the fans.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

He said he was taking a lot of stick and gave some back which was all taken in good nature. Ramsdale does stuff like that pretty much every match I believe, I think its quite good that he shows a bit of personality and has a laugh with the fans.

Players get abused throughout the game , yet when they give a bit back we as fans don’t like it and get upset. Agree if Ramsdale was given the manual manipulator sign to the fans or booting the ball into the crowd , but he kissed a badge and stick his tongue out ! 
Look how quick the ‘fan’ runs back up the stand after kicking him in the back - clearly a coward. The FA have got to act hard on this - spurs should have a game played behind closed doors - may be harsh on the majority but clearly their security couldn’t stop an opposition player being attacked. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

He is paid a huge amount of money to take the verbals. Fans can over step the mark of course, if there was something unacceptable said then the stewards should step in and the club disciplined. Once the final whistle goes you walk away, you've won the game, job done.

Yes let him take abuse for 90mins whilst doing his job because these poor sensitive fans that give it out are unable to take it back

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

He is paid a huge amount of money to take the verbals. Fans can over step the mark of course, if there was something unacceptable said then the stewards should step in and the club disciplined. Once the final whistle goes you walk away, you've won the game, job done.

Are you actually blaming Ramsdale or am i reading this wrong?

41 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Imagine the contract negotiations, 100k p/w, of which 40k of that is your 'expected abuse payment' (if you react, you lose that element)! Obviously, we'd like you to save shots and things, but we only really value you as a keeper to the tune of 60k p/w, the rest of it is a temper-management payment! 

Sounds like the fella took a load of noise, responded at full time with a bit of playful banter back and some young crackerjack full of lager and powder took exception. 

Bet he feels a proper 'nana this morning as it dawns on him that he'll likely end up with a conviction, a ban and all manner of life changing fallout. 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Are you actually blaming Ramsdale or am i reading this wrong?

No, just saying that pointing out that if he was inciting the opposition fans in their stadium after beating them (and it isn't clear what he did) then he shouldn't really be surprised that someone reacted. It could have been a coin or a flare, he was right by the barrier and rather than walk away he went back towards them.

Emotions were high, just walk away. This incident has been widely reported and this will make it worse for him around the grounds.

26 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

No, just saying that pointing out that if he was inciting the opposition fans in their stadium after beating them (and it isn't clear what he did) then he shouldn't really be surprised that someone reacted. It could have been a coin or a flare, he was right by the barrier and rather than walk away he went back towards them.

Emotions were high, just walk away. This incident has been widely reported and this will make it worse for him around the grounds.

Talking of which, I felt Deeney could've been carded for walking up to and gesturing at City fans after the Birmingham penalty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Talking of which, I felt Deeney could've been carded for walking up to and gesturing at City fans after the Birmingham penalty. 

Well, maybe, but a start would be the officials and club managers just reminding the players not to get involved with opposition fans. It doesn't help. I think there should be a difference between celebrating a goal or win and incitement.

In the case of Deeney, the ref was right there and just needed to have a word though his wasn't the worst example I have seen.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Well, maybe, but a start would be the officials and club managers just reminding the players not to get involved with opposition fans. It doesn't help. I think there should be a difference between celebrating a goal or win and incitement.

In the case of Deeney, the ref was right there and just needed to have a word though his wasn't the worst example I have seen.

Austin last season was a good example. Was he worth a booking? Possibly yes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fortunately we responded correctly ie with the appropriate chanting and no more but Austin last season also springs to mind- on level this sort of thing while part of the game can be a low level of incitement?

I think Deeney like many players who enjoy the crowds contribution to a game, will do the kind of thing he did Saturday, because he thrives on hearing us ‘the opposition fans’ singing his name however abusively. When the game was still possibly there for his team to win, being fired up by it helps him. It was only when his team were 4-1 down that he started getting tetchy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

I think Deeney like many players who enjoy the crowds contribution to a game, will do the kind of thing he did Saturday, because he thrives on hearing us ‘the opposition fans’ singing his name however abusively. When the game was still possibly there for his team to win, being fired up by it helps him. It was only when his team were 4-1 down that he started getting tetchy. 

He made a ******* sign to the Dolman as he was jogging back for the restart, which I think goes a bit beyond the accepted bantz. 

Remember this is the clart who kicked some kid repeatedly in the head and was banged up for it. 

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've got no issue with players interacting with the crowd after a goal or whatever, it's part of the theatre for me, I didn't think what Troy Deeney did after the pen can be classed as goading.  

However, the real issue is stupid football fans who can't deal with the so called goading or losing a game or whatever it may be and feel they have no option but to attack a player or run on the pitch or confront them outside the ground, as happened with Everton.  These people are idiots and are the real problem, not Ramsdale kissing his badge after the game etc, any sensible person would be able to laugh that off or ignore it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

However, the real issue is stupid football fans who can't deal with the so called goading or losing a game or whatever it may be and feel they have no option but to attack a player or run on the pitch or confront them outside the ground, as happened with Everton.  These people are idiots and are the real problem, not Ramsdale kissing his badge after the game etc, any sensible person would be able to laugh that off or ignore it

I agree the bloke was an idiot, but he never even left the stands. Unless he had a 20ft long prosthetic leg, his 'kick' gesture was never going to reach Ramsdale. 

What amused me was Ramsdale looked like he was going to cry because the nasty men said nasty things. These things do work both ways. Be professional, stay classy in victory.  Can you imagine a City player going up to the Atyeo after Saturday's full-time?

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I agree the bloke was an idiot, but he never even left the stands. Unless he had a 20ft long prosthetic leg, his 'kick' gesture was never going to reach Ramsdale. 

What amused me was Ramsdale looked like he was going to cry because the nasty men said nasty things. These things do work both ways. Be professional, stay classy in victory.  Can you imagine a City player going up to the Atyeo after Saturday's full-time?

In fairness Ramsdale is in goal, so he's already at that end, he didn't do a Adebayor and run the length of the pitch.  I think fans get very over sensitive and judgy when a player does something (boo hoo) and for me the fans need to take it as what it is, not get all upset about it, show some maturity and see it for what it is

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

In fairness Ramsdale is in goal, so he's already at that end, he didn't do a Adebayor and run the length of the pitch.  I think fans get very over sensitive and judgy when a player does something (boo hoo) and for me the fans need to take it as what it is, not get all upset about it, show some maturity and see it for what it is

True, but it seems to be some handbags with Richarlison that sparked fan anger, and TBH did he actually have to go and get his disposable drinking flask a few feet away from Spurs fans at that exact time. 

Arse players and staff seemed quite surprised by the atmosphere, yet it's like that at every North London derby. 

16 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I know it's only the one fan. 

But a minority of fans are seemingly thinking they can do what they want at the moment. 

A stage will have to come where if fans can't behave themselves then clubs could see some matches played behind closed doors. 

I’ll tell you what will happen, some fan will go too far and one of these pro athletes will spark them right out and probably get a ten match ban for their trouble. I would imagine most pro keepers who punch footballs for a living and are doing weights several times a week would be well capable of that.

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I've got no issue with players interacting with the crowd after a goal or whatever, it's part of the theatre for me, I didn't think what Troy Deeney did after the pen can be classed as goading.  

Nail on the head. Deeney got a bit, gave some back when he scored the penner, quite rightly, then got it back in spades after. Nobody got hurt, no lifetime bans required.

• Like 6

A bit easier for a forward though isn't it, they aren't taking corners where they would get pelted with coffee cups or worse. A keeper would be well advised to keep quiet too, he will cop it now next away game.

A bit like cricket fielders on the boundary, if they work with the humour from the beery crowds they get a much easier time of it later on when the hangovers start to kick in.

The more you react, the worse it usually is.

• Confused 1