IGNORED

Spurs Arsenal Literally Kicked Off

One Team

5 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Well, maybe, but a start would be the officials and club managers just reminding the players not to get involved with opposition fans. It doesn't help. I think there should be a difference between celebrating a goal or win and incitement.

In the case of Deeney, the ref was right there and just needed to have a word though his wasn't the worst example I have seen.

Adebayor for one. Full length pitch run wasn’t it.

• Like 1

What absolutely idiotic behaviour from that Spurs fan. 

Overall fans can be much too quick to take offence when a player winds them up. Fans are willing to hurl abuse but don’t like it when players give some back. 

But the behaviour of some players is idiotic too. It seems to have become a thing for players to taunt opposing fans after they’ve scored. I can understand it if a player has been on the receiving end, but sometimes it’s completely needless, Deeney on Saturday being a prime example. Similar to how players dive and feign injury. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The TV footage isn't clear but the reports suggest Ramsdale might have been goading the Spurs fans after the final whistle, sticking his tongue out, kissing the badge.

I am not condoning what the fan did, but......why didn't Ramsdale just pick up his water bottle and celebrate at the other end of the ground rather than wind up the Spurs supporters?

Goal celebrations are going the same way, after the pen against City on Saturday was an example. I don't think players should try to interact with opposition fans, nothing to be gained either way.

The players are rightly protected on the pitch but that doesn't mean they should take advantage of that and deliberately wind up opposition fans, number 1 rivals too. Walk away.

Others might not agree, just my view.

He did goad them, and I thought the same, but alternatively why should he stand and take abuse from fans all game and not give a bit back?

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

He did goad them, and I thought the same, but alternatively why should he stand and take abuse from fans all game and not give a bit back?

Reading OTIB tells me there is a social problem with football fans and white powder. Talking to a nightclub doorman I know tells me such people can lose all sense of reason and can get very violent so although you have a fair point personally I think the keeper should take his ~100k per week and focus on their own fans.

1 hour ago, Offside said:

What absolutely idiotic behaviour from that Spurs fan. 

Overall fans can be much too quick to take offence when a player winds them up. Fans are willing to hurl abuse but don’t like it when players give some back. 

But the behaviour of some players is idiotic too. It seems to have become a thing for players to taunt opposing fans after they’ve scored. I can understand it if a player has been on the receiving end, but sometimes it’s completely needless, Deeney on Saturday being a prime example. Similar to how players dive and feign injury. Pathetic. 

A bit like Scotty cupping his ear to the Cardiff fans eh?  If its given and taken in banter , it's fine.

• Like 1