IGNORED

Omar Taylor-Clarke

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's great to have an Omar in the team to join Bell. Would be amazing if we could sign players called McNulty, Barksdale and Bunk too ?

P.S great to see another youngster break through!

Just reminded me of one of the greatest ever TV scenes

https://youtu.be/P3i36ybA8Ms

Edited by redsince1994
Links are hard
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Made his debut tonight.  This is a lad who was on loan at Yate earlier this season!!

This wasn’t a meaningless cup-tie.

This wasn’t a few minutes at the end of the match with the result confirmed.

This was a debut with 20 minutes left of a match yet to be settled, coming on in the centre of midfield (with King) against the likes of Joe Allen and Jay Fulton.

Fair play to the lad (and Nige too).

Must admit I looked at our bench & thought if it went to extra time we would be in trouble, what do I know?

Said on Saturday Nige has some bollocks, replacing Wells & Scott on the hour & giving this lad his debut at 1-1, brave stuff.

• Like 10

On a more serious note, I saw OTC at Yate a couple of times earlier this season under Beadle. The game was largely played five feet above his head due to Beadles tactics, but when he did get on the ball he was generally Yates best player - winning the ball, looking for passes etc. Its some way below our level but the fundamental behaviours were good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a more serious note, I saw OTC at Yate a couple of times earlier this season under Beadle. The game was largely played five feet above his head due to Beadles tactics, but when he did get on the ball he was generally Yates best player - winning the ball, looking for passes etc. Its some way below our level but the fundamental behaviours were good.

He can do a bit of everything as you say and takes a lot of the set plays for u21s, can do the dirty side of the game and loves a tackle. Has improved massively from last year to this and congratulations to him on his debut. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

I still think it's possibly the best show ever made. I often say to people, if you watch the opening scene of the first episode, before the credits have even run, you will know if you are going to like it.

"It's America, right?"

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Didn't we recall him pretty quickly when the original loan had been agreed until January? Presumably because there was no point in the kid being there under a Manager playing that style of football? I also noticed Prince Henry has found himself at Weston again having been at Yate earlier in the season......tbf they do play it around a bit even if the Manager is a bit of a bell.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Didn't we recall him pretty quickly when the original loan had been agreed until January? Presumably because there was no point in the kid being there under a Manager playing that style of football? I also noticed Prince Henry has found himself at Weston again having been at Yate earlier in the season......tbf they do play it around a bit even if the Manager is a bit of a bell.

We did - and although never confirmed my gut would be that the atmosphere at Yate was toxic at the time and the football was Neanderthal so he’d have learnt nothing and potentially had development stunted.

One of the underrated things Tinnion and team do is decide when a loan is wrong, and do it quickly. Seb Palmer-Holden another example.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I saw him in the U23s towards the back end of last season and he was very similar there, sat at the base of midfield, mopped up and looked to get on the ball and start attacks. Very tidy player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

We did - and although never confirmed my gut would be that the atmosphere at Yate was toxic at the time and the football was Neanderthal so he’d have learnt nothing and potentially had development stunted.

One of the underrated things Tinnion and team do is decide when a loan is wrong, and do it quickly. Seb Palmer-Holden another example.

Also shows how  closely we monitor them whilst out on loan as well.

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I was pretty much going to say the exact same thing. 

Shocking tactics under Beadle. So glad he's gone. Much better now. 

I think it's gone under the radar but Yate have recently signed on loan Brandon Oputeri from City under 21s

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

I'm assuming S Bell is going to be driven, focused and professional. He'll break the rules to win but will try to keep it in the blindside of the ref. And eventually, he'll decide the team can win without dark arts. Spoiler: he may then get dropped.

Omar will be lethal and prolific but not a team player.

By the way, the Stadio podcast on Spotify once did an episode on which players would be which Wire characters.

P.S. Is OTC our Massengo replacement?

Edited by mozo
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm assuming S Bell is going to be driven, focused and professional. He'll break the rules to win but will try to keep it in the blindside of the ref. And eventually, he'll decide the team can win without dark arts. Spoiler: he may then get dropped.

Omar will be lethal and prolific but not a team player.

By the way, the Stadio podcast on Spotify once did an episode on which players would be which Wire characters.

P.S. Is OTC our Massengo replacement?

I just hope our Omar's career doesn't end as badly and as surprisingly. ?

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

A lot of double-barrelled surnames about lately

I'd noticed that. I don't know the case here but it seems to be the modern way to keep both surnames on marriage, usually, as per the Spanish way with the male surname first. Perhaps there'll come a day when an entire team will be made up of double barrelled name players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

What’s his style of play? Is he like a viera midfielder or smaller and more technical, like scott?

Only seen him in the U21s, but I would say he is a Korey Smith type, maybe better in a technical sense. 

Others may have a different opinion of him of course.

• Like 2

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Only seen him in the U21s, but I would say he is a Korey Smith type, maybe better in a technical sense. 

Others may have a different opinion of him of course.

He's moved back from the first couple of times I saw him, he used to play AM or in behind the striker, sounds like he has the attributes to be a more defensive player though.

• Like 2

It's great to see even more youngsters, like Omar and Sam, coming through the ranks and earning a place in the first team (though they still have much to prove).

Much more enjoyable than watching some of the ageing journeymen we've had (and have).

The team that took us up to the old First Division was brimming with home-grown talent,

If we can stay safe, things are lookiing promising for next season's potential promotion push.

• Like 1