IGNORED

Omar Taylor-Clarke

Davefevs

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Only seen him in the U21s, but I would say he is a Korey Smith type, maybe better in a technical sense. 

Others may have a different opinion of him of course.

Busy player isn’t he?

I was a bit surprised on the wireless last night to hear him crunching into tackles, not really seen that in u21 games this season and u23s last season on RTV.

I was at the RHPC for the friendly against Exeter (pre-season) where he came on for Massengo (inj) after half an hour.  Tim Dieng gave him a real problem for the rest of the first half, dragging him short, then running off him into space as Exeter bypassed our midfield.  He looked lost.

At h-t we switched from 3412 with Omar and King alongside each other to 433 (Alex Scott coming on for James Taylor) where Scott’s presence in there got us into the game.  We scored twice late on to get a 2-2 draw, but he really seemed strong at the end, a tenacious little bugger, with reasonable technical ability.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t see him getting into the first team reckoning at that point, but the fast-tracking of players players initially into the training group seems to be rapidly improving them and getting them prepared should they need to come into the team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Busy player isn’t he?

I was a bit surprised on the wireless last night to hear him crunching into tackles, not really seen that in u21 games this season and u23s last season on RTV.

I was at the RHPC for the friendly against Exeter (pre-season) where he came on for Massengo (inj) after half an hour.  Tim Dieng gave him a real problem for the rest of the first half, dragging him short, then running off him into space as Exeter bypassed our midfield.  He looked lost.

At h-t we switched from 3412 with Omar and King alongside each other to 433 (Alex Scott coming on for James Taylor) where Scott’s presence in there got us into the game.  We scored twice late on to get a 2-2 draw, but he really seemed strong at the end, a tenacious little bugger, with reasonable technical ability.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t see him getting into the first team reckoning at that point, but the fast-tracking of players players initially into the training group seems to be rapidly improving them and getting them prepared should they need to come into the team.

Having watched him at Yate recently, he stood out as the best player...sadly the type of football being played pretty much bypassed the midfield, so he never really shone as someone capable of Championship football this season. 

The description further up of a Korey Smith type player, was not a bad idea.

I was surprised however to see him develop so quickly since Yate.

He was far ahead of Prince Henry imo whilst at Yate...but the way our academy works, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Busy player isn’t he?

Have never seen him play Dave...............but is there any possible chance that he could be in the same mould as Tommy Doherty.......or,    (please forgive my impertinence)   "He's here, he's there, he's every pheckin where"  Lord Gerry Gow?     

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Having watched him at Yate recently, he stood out as the best player...sadly the type of football being played pretty much bypassed the midfield, so he never really shone as someone capable of Championship football this season. 

The description further up of a Korey Smith type player, was not a bad idea.

I was surprised however to see him develop so quickly since Yate.

He was far ahead of Prince Henry imo whilst at Yate...but the way our academy works, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up sooner rather than later.

Prince Henry has just joined WSM on loan.

8 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Didn't we recall him pretty quickly when the original loan had been agreed until January? Presumably because there was no point in the kid being there under a Manager playing that style of football? I also noticed Prince Henry has found himself at Weston again having been at Yate earlier in the season......tbf they do play it around a bit even if the Manager is a bit of a bell.

Prince Henry has also been on loan at Tiverton this season as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Have never seen him play Dave...............but is there any possible chance that he could be in the same mould as Tommy Doherty.......or,    (please forgive my impertinence)   "He's here, he's there, he's every pheckin where"  Lord Gerry Gow?     

As per my above post, I haven’t seen the aggressiveness/ feistiness side if him in the games I’ve seen, nor did I last night, due to the FAC tv deal ???, so I can’t really comment whether it’s part of his game.  He’s tenacious, ie puts opponents under pressure, but I’ve not seen him tackle like those two…yet.

• Like 1