IGNORED

Quagmire Alert

Desso

With the Bears playing on Friday and a widespread frost forecast, the pitch might not be very good on Saturday. 

Plus, I hate those rugby lines showing on the pitch, it makes it look like a 1st or 2nd division stadium. Wish SL would build a separate stadium for the rugby and just use Ashton Gate for the important stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 2

8 minutes ago, Desso said:

With the Bears playing on Friday and a widespread frost forecast, the pitch might not be very good on Saturday. 

Plus, I hate those rugby lines showing on the pitch, it makes it look like a 1st or 2nd division stadium. Wish SL would build a separate stadium for the rugby and just use Ashton Gate for the important stuff.

Why on earth would he do that?

8 minutes ago, Desso said:

Think you’ll find frost makes the pitch hard, so more likely to cause a postponement than a quagmire.

As for the Bears, if Mr Lansdown finds £50m+ down his sofa that he wants to blow for no foreseeable financial gain, then you may get your wish! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Desso said:

Ahh, I just remembered, you aren’t actually a clueless muppet, your our resident occasional pop-up wum, aren’t you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Think you’ll find frost makes the pitch hard, so more likely to cause a postponement than a quagmire.

I dunno. 
I reckon with a user name of Desso, he probs knows more about the pitch than anyone. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

As for the Bears, if Mr Lansdown finds £50m+ down his sofa that he wants to blow for no foreseeable financial gain, then you may get your wish! 

I know of a nice site in Ashton Vale !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Desso said:

On the basis it's not the first time we've had this weather and we've not had any problems before I'd leave the worrying down to our ground staff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desso said:

This Gloucester Rugby fan wholeheartedly agrees ?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

If ever there was a thread that epitomises everything about OTIB this is it

We've had this pitch for five or six years and not one instance of a bad or damaged pitch.

The grass is renewed by re-seeding every summer. It is kept growing during the winter low temperatures by the undersoil heating and the special lighting that the groundstaff wheel onto the pitch as and when required.

The opener of this thread either has not a clue about the pitch or just wants to stir things up. Sad!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Think you'll find that frost melts. All basic stuff really.