IGNORED

Nige quite happy today

HappyClapper

1 hour ago, ChubStixx said:

He was doing some interesting gesturing to somebody whilst the game was ongoing. Potentially to the Blackburn manager. What was that all about?

He was pointing out where their throw in should be taken from if its the same incident I'm thinking of. Their manager was moaning that the ref told their player to go further back. Looked lighthearted from Nige to me.

• Like 1

He was certainly at his most miserable best on the radio Bristol interview after the game. I always look forward to listening to what he has to say about the game when I'm driving home,  but sometimes like yesterday he just doesn't want to play.

By the way I am a Pearson fan before anyone starts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

He was certainly at his most miserable best on the radio Bristol interview after the game. I always look forward to listening to what he has to say about the game when I'm driving home,  but sometimes like yesterday he just doesn't want to play.

Agree. He seems to resent every question, no matter how mild and friendly the interviewer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

It can’t be easy having to answer the same questions after every game, unless you like love the sound of your own voice and taking nonsense like LJ

You can tell Nige thinks ‘here we go again’ when it comes to talking to the press, irrespective of if we are playing well or not i think he still has this same thought process..

As you said with the same inane questions he gets asked week in week out, who can blame him - it must be tedious as F.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

He was very adamant it was a penalty, similarly thought the linesman was very out of line. Although I thought Bell was just off

2 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

He was certainly at his most miserable best on the radio Bristol interview after the game. I always look forward to listening to what he has to say about the game when I'm driving home, but sometimes like yesterday he just doesn't want to play.

He is different with the club media department.  I thought he gave Radio Bristol short shrift.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

If you’re as drunk as I am the robin on the interviewer’s mic looks like the media team have done a bad job of photoshopping a robin logo on to Nige’s shirt ?

Ha ha - I noticed exactly the same thing! Not drunk at all, but I couldn’t  work out why the robin logo on his shirt kept moving! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bris Red said:

You can tell Nige thinks ‘here we go again’ when it comes to talking to the press, irrespective of if we are playing well or not i think he still has this same thought process..

As you said with the same inane questions he gets asked week in week out, who can blame him - it must be tedious as F.

But he sounds annoyed even if the interviewer just asks him how he saw the game!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

It can’t be easy having to answer the same questions after every game, unless you like love the sound of your own voice and taking nonsense like LJ

It's part of the job of a manager of a football club. If you don't like talking to the media after games, do not do the job.

The fans, naturally, want to hear your view of the game and interviewers give you a platform to do this. Even if you consider the questions silly or obvious, you can deal with them courteously: You, after all, are a highly paid football professional and they are reporters, you'll know more and sometimes have to explain things simply. Basically, if they - with their job to do - treat you courteously, there is no excuse for you not to do likewise back. 

Football is ABOUT fans, we are its lifeblood, which is why it is important for the guy making matchday decisions to talk through the game, give snippets of info on the players, and generally discuss how things went in his view.  Explaining it honestly and thoughtfully sounds much better than becoming hyper-defensive or displaying an attitude. 

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Few of the ‘Nige out’ brigade on here have nothing else to criticise at the moment and so are now wading in on an interview with the local radio station. Whatever floats your boat I guess! 

It's not uncommon for interviews on local radio to be the subject of pre and post match discussions on here.

And suggesting that NP can be quite hard work sometimes when he's being interviewed is hardly in "Nige out" territory.

Hard to believe sometimes on here, I know, but the world and the people in it aren't always black and white. And football managers don't have to be either God's gift or the devil incarnate. There are some things they are better at than others. There are some things they come across better at than others. And everyone's got their own perception of what they are. In NPs case, he can be fascinating to listen to at times. But on occasions when he puts his mind to it he can be bloody difficult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Few of the ‘Nige out’ brigade on here have nothing else to criticise at the moment and so are now wading in on an interview with the local radio station. Whatever floats your boat I guess! 

You might not be completely wrong there. 

However he is a bit abrasive quite a lot. See it less in the pre match now. 

whatever happened to the McGregor guy. I always got the impression he rubbed Pearson and now he’s the forgotten journo!?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It's not uncommon for interviews on local radio to be the subject of pre and post match discussions on here.

And suggesting that NP can be quite hard work sometimes when he's being interviewed is hardly in "Nige out" territory.

Hard to believe sometimes on here, I know, but the world and the people in it aren't always black and white. And football managers don't have to be either God's gift or the devil incarnate. There are some things they are better at than others. There are some things they come across better at than others. And everyone's got their own perception of what they are. In NPs case, he can be fascinating to listen to at times. But on occasions when he puts his mind to it he can be bloody difficult.

Appreciate the behavioural science lesson Dave, but I know Nige can be a stubborn so and so. As does anyone who follows football to any nth of a degree.  
With that in mind, using a perfectly fine local radio interview, where his demeanour was clearly slightly pissed off due to a couple of reffing decisions, as a new stick to beat him with, as the ‘Nige out’ posters on this thread are, is just very amusing and strikes me as slightly desperate.  
Never mind though, I’m sure we will lose again soon and they can get back to berating the actual football for a while.    

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You might not be completely wrong there. 

However he is a bit abrasive quite a lot. See it less in the pre match now. 

whatever happened to the McGregor guy. I always got the impression he rubbed Pearson and now he’s the forgotten journo!?

Gregor left the Post and went freelance a year or so ago. He's since done bits for a few other outlets, mainly Bristol World.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lenred said:

Appreciate the behavioural science lesson Dave, but I know Nige can be a stubborn so and so. As does anyone who follows football to any nth of a degree.  
With that in mind, using a perfectly fine local radio interview, where his demeanour was clearly slightly pissed off due to a couple of reffing decisions, as a new stick to beat him with, as the ‘Nige out’ posters on this thread are, is just very amusing and strikes me as slightly desperate.  
Never mind though, I’m sure we will lose again soon and they can get back to berating the actual football for a while.    

?You're welcome!! Sorry if it was a bit OTT - I know there are a few for whom he can do no right (just as there are a few for whom he can do no wrong) but I just felt it wasn't just them having a go for the sake of it - and he was reverting to type a bit! I went through a spell where I just stopped listening to him, because he seemed to have no other objective than to be difficult! Recently I've listened a bit more and enjoyed it. 

Oh we'll lose again, for sure (and NP will get all touchy again!), and I'm sure you're right that there will be some waiting to pounce. But in that scenario it's reasonable to put to them that we win some, lose some - again not black and white.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Makes me smile to think how angry they must be that we've strung some good performances together. 

Do you honestly believe that there are supporters who would get angry after good performances?  That’s exactly the sort of ridiculous comment I’d expect from gas heads…

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist

10 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Bless him.....I'd take £1M a year to put up with repeat questions.

Exactly. If the questions are always the same it should be easy enough for him to go full autopilot and just trot out standard answers. Easy work if you can get it.

5 hours ago, lenred said:

A few people are mildly critical of NP as being a bit grumpy and you characterise them as being the Nige out brigade? Why exactly? Which of them/us has said we want him out?

I’ve never said I want him out. But I still find him a bit grumpy. Is he immune from any criticism at all?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Are people like "Top Robin" and Mark Carter more interested in their own ego and being proven "right" than Bristol City?

Absolutely. 

Anyone with an ounce of pragmatism would be able to see that. 

Everyone wants City to succeed, but opinions differ as to how best to achieve that.  Nothing wrong with that.  Unfortunately it appears that some of those who strongly support Pearson are unwilling to listen to any other points of view and resort to cheap jibes.  I have mixed feelings about Pearson, so not surprised (or bothered) that opinions about him vary.

It’s hardly the first time he’s been criticised for his handling of the media, after all.  It was thought to be a significant factor in him losing a previous job if I remember rightly.

• Haha 1