IGNORED

BCFC: Terrible Customer Service

Final 3 Star

I’m posting this in the hope that someone from the club will stumble across it and finally get round to addressing an issue I first raised back in August 2022.

My most recent email was sent to supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk almost a month ago and summarizes the story so far. I haven’t received a reply. Here’s what I wrote:

“I have been referred to you by Robins TV Support after multiple email exchanges with them that were, quite frankly, a total waste of time.
Here’s the basic story:
Earlier this year I received your notification about the £140 early bird special for Robins TV. The offer was set to expire at the end of August. I contacted Robins TV Support and basically raised the following points:

1. My Robins TV subscription is on auto renewal (it originally renewed in August, but the club changed it to December a couple of years ago). Will my auto renewal in December be charged at the early-bird rate?
2. If the December renewal will not be at the reduced rate, you have my permission to charge my credit card in August, to make sure I get the reduced rate.

That’s it. That was the basis of my query.
Other than an auto response (which didn’t address my specific issues) I didn’t hear back until after 3 more attempts. And while this was going on, I was charged the full rate of £170 in December. The people from Robins TV Support@streamamg who eventually responded seemed unable to grasp the nature of my query, and instead just confirmed that my account had been charged £170 and that the early-bird special was a limited offer (all of which I already know). It seemed as if they were totally incapable of addressing anything beyond the confines of a narrow template of responses. After several more exchanges I basically had to suggest that I should be reimbursed the difference between the early-bird and regular price (£30) since the whole affair had been handled so badly. At that point they said I should contact you about that.
So that’s where we stand. I understand that @streamamg may not be directly affiliated with BCFC, but they are representing the club in a way that doesn’t reflect well. 

I have supported the club for nearly 60 years and have subscribed to the audio & video streaming services ever since they first became available. It is disappointing that a basic customer service request should be handled so inefficiently. I hope that I am now speaking with people closer to the heart of the  club and that this will be handled more appropriately.”

Edited by Final 3 Star

• The topic was locked