IGNORED

Zak Vyner contract

AG City

Anyone know the situation with Vyners contract?  I thought we was OOC at the end of this season?

I guess most people thought he was going to be released at the beginning of the season, but he is now favourite for player of the year - fair play to him.

Would get very interesting if a prem club (e.g. a Brighton or similar) put in a late bid for him at the end of the window - if he is OOC then I guess he would be off?

• Admin
1 minute ago, AG City said:

Anyone know the situation with Vyners contract?  I thought we was OOC at the end of this season?

I guess most people thought he was going to be released at the beginning of the season, but he is now favourite for player of the year - fair play to him.

Would get very interesting if a prem club (e.g. a Brighton or similar) put in a late bid for him at the end of the window - if he is OOC then I guess he would be off?

@Davefevs is your man

40 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I think the club should use it - cracking player now he has his confidence.
If he wasn’t making the odd clanger would be playing a lot higher than us 

I’m sure (guessing really! ?) the only debate at the mo’ is whether to exercise the option or give him a new deal.

• Thanks 1

I’m going to go opposite here. More than happy for club to activate the one year clause. But that is it for now.

It’s only recently Vyner has his this form so yet to determine if it’s a purple patch or he has stood up and met the challenge of Championship level football.

He has been senior pro for some time now. Prior to this form, I think most would agree league one was his level. Let’s see how he continues. Good luck to him. 

• Like 4

Imagine the extension is guaranteed now and we'll potentially look at a new contract between now and early next season.

While Vyner is now flavour of the month and everybody's (mine included fwiw) favourite player, we need to be careful not to give out stupid contracts to players we might not really want long term.

It was only a few months ago everyone wanted rid of him

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Would there be interest in bids for him ? He has done well and shown to be decent defender, do why not. City must consider that and tie him down surely. Whilst not offering anything silly 

Certainly not Brighton as the op suggested,would he get in the top teams in our division probably not either but i also hope they don’t offer him a crap offer because he’s a city lad and expect him to lap it up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 95red said:

He's had a decent  5 or 6 games he ain't a worldie still a mistake waiting to happen .

Disagree, and I wasn’t so sure on him myself in the past. I thought he lacked that hunger and aggression as a CB…

But he has been faultless this season. Reliable, available and he looks to have a presence back there.

Player of the season by a mile as it stands

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure (guessing really! ?) the only debate at the mo’ is whether to exercise the option or give him a new deal.

100%.

I would offer him a new two year deal, he’s 26 in May too so should be coming into his best years.

Can’t believe wages would be an issue & as I have highlighted before, has a brilliant availability record, so is reliable on that score.

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

I would offer him a new two year deal, he’s 26 in May too so should be coming into his best years.

Can’t believe wages would be an issue & as I have highlighted before, has a brilliant availability record, so is reliable on that score.

Versatile too. Clearly settled well into that right-sided centre-half role, but also did well in the middle of a back three and can play at full-back and even as a defensive midfielder too.

We’ve had a pretty settled team for a fair while so probably easy to forget how many options he actually gives you.

Worth adding for full disclosure - until this season I didn’t think he had the mentality/concentration to play at this level, but he’s stepped up for a consistent period. No doubt confidence has played a part, but fair play to him.

• Like 1