IGNORED

Gordon to Newcastle, Caicedo to Arsenal

Carey 6

Apparently the player hasn’t turned up for training today. He released this statement yesterday. 

This follows Anthony Gordon doing the same thing to leave Everton & move to Newcastle.

Gordon, I don’t like it but I can understand it a little because of how toxic it got recently with him and the fans there after that protest last week, and also Everton looking in real trouble of being relegated.

Caicedo I really don’t like - Brighton have sold Cucurella, Trossard & Bissouma (another CM) already this season. The 21 year old has 2 & a half years remaining on his contract & whilst £60m is a lot of money, I’m sure Brighton aren’t exactly skint right now & would need a ridiculous bid to let him go & leave themselves looking for a replacement this late into the window.

I know it’s always happened  where players refuse to play, or train for their club to force a move, but I fear with these two being such high profile recently, this may become even more common practice for players wishing to move clubs.

• Hmmm 1

I totally get players wanting to move on , to better/bigger teams or just for more money . But there are ways to go about it.
It's not a good look for a player, if I was a manager I'd have second thoughts about someone who could down tools if they wanted to move. Problem is, some will encourage it to save themselves some money or just to force the deal.

• Like 2

Completely get the Gordon one, Everton are a shambles at the minute and Newcastle looks a great environment to be in. Don’t understand what Newcastle see in him to pay 40 mill but they obviously see something that can be developed.

Caicedo one is very odd, he’s at a club with a big chance of European football and he’s leaving at the first opportunity. Really like him as a player but he’s not even had one good full season yet

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Completely get the Gordon one, Everton are a shambles at the minute and Newcastle looks a great environment to be in. Don’t understand what Newcastle see in him to pay 40 mill but they obviously see something that can be developed.

Caicedo one is very odd, he’s at a club with a big chance of European football and he’s leaving at the first opportunity. Really like him as a player but he’s not even had one good full season yet

There’s no excuse for not turning up for training , he’s been badly advised but he’s old enough to know better . It’s just another slight erosion of the game. The amount of money in the game is vile . Everybody wants their club to play at the highest level but I hate what the prem stands for financially 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

There’s no excuse for not turning up for training , he’s been badly advised but he’s old enough to know better . It’s just another slight erosion of the game. The amount of money in the game is vile . Everybody wants their club to play at the highest level but I hate what the prem stands for financially 

I’m sure it’s happened plenty of times before where a player has refused to turn up & still not managed to get the move he was after. But you’d look like a right dick on that first day back after the window has closed wouldn’t you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I would say that as Everton brought him up through the ranks, gave him his chance that the current state of the Club has no bearing on his attitude. He should be professional and do things properly, he was always going to get his move, £40m FFS !
He apparently was allowed to miss one training but then agreed to go, and didn't , shit attitude IMO.

The difference in moves isn't that different.
Yeah, Everton basket case to possible Champions League challengers is a massive  move. That said, potential European football to possible Champions is Massive-er, potentially.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

City aren’t playing Massengo because of his contract so it works both ways.  

I would say, knowing he is not here next year has forced Pearson into playing the likes Kadji & Taylor Clarke as they will be, and it gives him a chance to see if they can step up. 
TBF both parties have said he is there if needed. 
Different situation IMO

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would say, knowing he is not here next year has forced Pearson into playing the likes Kadji & Taylor Clarke as they will be, and it gives him a chance to see if they can step up. 
TBF both parties have said he is there if needed. 
Different situation IMO

Maybe the Massengo one is slightly different but Everton have frozen out players in the past for refusing to sign a contract and are currently refusing to tell one of their players, who is out of contract at the end of the season, whether they will offer him a new one or not.  It’s reasonable to expect a club to tell a player if he isn’t wanted so he can sort a new club. Especially in a day when there are a lot of free agents every season. Clubs mistreat players and players mistreat clubs.  It works both ways. 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe the Massengo one is slightly different but Everton have frozen out players in the past for refusing to sign a contract and are currently refusing to tell one of their players, who is out of contract at the end of the season, whether they will offer him a new one or not.  It’s reasonable to expect a club to tell a player if he isn’t wanted so he can sort a new club. Especially in a day when there are a lot of free agents every season. Clubs mistreat players and players mistreat clubs.  It works both ways. 

Totally agree. There should be clarity, honesty and fairness from both sides. Thing is , the numbers involved are ridiculous so people try and manufacture situations. 

42 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would say that as Everton brought him up through the ranks, gave him his chance that the current state of the Club has no bearing on his attitude. He should be professional and do things properly, he was always going to get his move, £40m FFS !
He apparently was allowed to miss one training but then agreed to go, and didn't , shit attitude IMO.

The difference in moves isn't that different.
Yeah, Everton basket case to possible Champions League challengers is a massive  move. That said, potential European football to possible Champions is Massive-er, potentially.

On the other hand, Gordon is locally born, aged 21 and been at Everton since he was 11. Yet the fans seem to have turned on him, which you would imagine doesn’t feel good. It’s possible his attitude is justified, as he seems to have been slightly frozen out of the team too. Danny Murphy has commented that he’s their best player and he can’t understand the way he’s been treated.

If the player is under contact the club don't have to sell. And the player is under contract to train, play extra. So there is no acceptable reason to not turn up if their club does not wish to sell them. So the players should remember what a privileged position they have in life  and honour their contacts. Spoilt brats comes to mind 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
Can't spell

Gordon is worth no where near £40 million. He seems to think he’s their best player and can demand to leave. He runs around a lot and puts the effort in but doesn’t actually create or score much.

Everton should be biting Newcastle’s hand off for £40 million and get someone like Ziyech from Chelsea for probably far less and he’s a better player.

As for Caicedo, I’m sure I thought I’d read somewhere just the other day that he didn’t want to leave and now completely reversed on that

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

City aren’t playing Massengo because of his contract so it works both ways.  

Players have too much power now. I do get clubs treat players without regard at times so you’re right in a way it does work both ways . We’ve seen players down tools & run contracts down (fam) massengo is running his contract down , so too was bentley . We now want Martin & klose off the wage bill & have told them they can leave. Cut throat world 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Players have too much power now. I do get clubs treat players without regard at times so you’re right in a way it does work both ways . We’ve seen players down tools & run contracts down (fam) massengo is running his contract down , so too was bentley . We now want Martin & klose off the wage bill & have told them they can leave. Cut throat world 

Players have a right to run their contracts down though and expect to be picked. Though Fam clearly stopped trying which is out of order