IGNORED

Gordon to Newcastle, Caicedo to Arsenal

Carey 6

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why do they have egg on their face?

Because if he is on a contract insanely far under his value, that of a decent Championship player when he is clearly far superior than that, makes it all the more difficult in situations like this. You’re asking someone to stay professional when his salary is going to be increased by at least 10x if he is on £10k, and god knows how many times if he is on that rumoured £3.5k. We can all comment on his unprofessional behaviour, but 90% would do the same in his position.

Edited by marcofisher

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Because if he is on a contract insanely far under his value, that of a decent Championship player when he is clearly far superior than that, makes it all the more difficult in situations like this. You’re asking someone to stay professional when his salary is going to be increased by at least 10x if he is on £10k, and god knows how many times if he is on that rumoured £3.5k. We can all comment on his unprofessional behaviour, but 90% would do the same in his position.

Yep. I would do the same. He’s taken a low wage to get a good move and make a name for himself so now wants to capitalise on that. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Yep. I would do the same. He’s taken a low wage to get a good move and make a name for himself so now wants to capitalise on that. 

My point was though, he wasn’t really in line for this move last summer but was clearly fancied by Brighton, so surely a bit of a contractual blunder to have not put him on a contract more worthy of his status. 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would say that as Everton brought him up through the ranks, gave him his chance that the current state of the Club has no bearing on his attitude. He should be professional and do things properly, he was always going to get his move, £40m FFS !
He apparently was allowed to miss one training but then agreed to go, and didn't , shit attitude IMO.

The difference in moves isn't that different.
Yeah, Everton basket case to possible Champions League challengers is a massive  move. That said, potential European football to possible Champions is Massive-er, potentially.

Oh yeah his attitude is a disgrace, especially when he was let go by Liverpool when he was younger. Everton done pretty well to get that for him imo

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Players have a right to run their contracts down though and expect to be picked. Though Fam clearly stopped trying which is out of order 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree they do have a right to run their contracts down . Managers also have the right not to pick them 

Agree.  Nothing in a standard contract that says they have to play.  As long as you give them coaching, fitness, etc, etc, that’s all that’s required.  There should be no expectation to be picked at all.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Agree.  Nothing in a standard contract that says they have to play.  As long as you give them coaching, fitness, etc, etc, that’s all that’s required.  There should be no expectation to be picked at all.

I can’t agree with that. If a player deserves to be picked he should be picked irrespective of contract length remaining 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

No need to belittle an opinion with a laugh.  If a manager isn’t picking someone he would normally pick because they aren’t signing a new deal is clearly what I am talking about.  

Yes, and that’s his choice, because there are other factors over and above the ability of the individual.  You know that, I know that, there is no right to be selected.  It’s not belittling you, just made me laugh.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yes, and that’s his choice, because there are other factors over and above the ability of the individual.  You know that, I know that, there is no right to be selected.  It’s not belittling you, just made me laugh.

I’m sure you can understand my point. If a player who would always be picked normally but isn’t because he has not chosen to renew a contract, which is his right,  then that is wrong.  If that is the ONLY reason he isn’t being picked.  

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I’m sure you can understand my point. If a player who would always be picked normally but isn’t because he has not chosen to renew a contract, which is his right,  then that is wrong.  If that is the ONLY reason he isn’t being picked.  

No, because there are factors like commitment, the impact on other players etc.  it isn’t a binary decision.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Players have a right to run their contracts down though and expect to be picked. Though Fam clearly stopped trying which is out of order 

No player has a right to "expect" to be picked. You have to earn the right to be picked whatever your contract situation,. On what Massengo has given us in the first three months of the season how could he possibly "expect" to be picked?

17 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

No need to belittle an opinion with a laugh.  If a manager isn’t picking someone he would normally pick because they aren’t signing a new deal is clearly what I am talking about.  

..........like you have done to others above with your laughing and confused emoji's!! If you don't like being on the receiving end then perhaps treat other posters the same way you like to be treated? If you don't give a shit then carry on and don't moan when you get the laughs and confused reactions coming your way.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

No player has a right to "expect" to be picked. You have to earn the right to be picked whatever your contract situation,. On what Massengo has given us in the first three months of the season how could he possibly "expect" to be picked?

I think you know what I meant. I meant an expectation not to have a contract situation affect a selection.  Massengo might not expect to be picked but he’s certainly good enough for the bench.  

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think you know what I meant. I meant an expectation not to have a contract situation affect a selection.  Massengo might not expect to be picked but he’s certainly good enough for the bench.  

Ability wise he's good enough to start tbf but I'm not sure he's done enough this season to particularly merit it or be given a place on the bench given the way the club have decided to move forwards. I don't get the impression that there are particular issues at play (or if there are both parties are keeping their powder dry until the lad leaves) and that if Massengo was desperately needed we would pick him and he wouldn't refuse to turn up.

On 28/01/2023 at 10:18, Charlie BCFC said:

Completely get the Gordon one, Everton are a shambles at the minute and Newcastle looks a great environment to be in. Don’t understand what Newcastle see in him to pay 40 mill but they obviously see something that can be developed.

Caicedo one is very odd, he’s at a club with a big chance of European football and he’s leaving at the first opportunity. Really like him as a player but he’s not even had one good full season yet

Chance of a Premier League winners medal tho, plus a shedload of cash

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Ability wise he's good enough to start tbf but I'm not sure he's done enough this season to particularly merit it or be given a place on the bench given the way the club have decided to move forwards. I don't get the impression that there are particular issues at play (or if there are both parties are keeping their powder dry until the lad leaves) and that if Massengo was desperately needed we would pick him and he wouldn't refuse to turn up.

There have been times where we could have done with a Massengo off the bench in the last 15 mins to add some energy to our midfield but he’s not been there. Seen plenty of comments to that so don’t think that’s just my view 

On 28/01/2023 at 10:18, Charlie BCFC said:

Completely get the Gordon one, Everton are a shambles at the minute and Newcastle looks a great environment to be in. Don’t understand what Newcastle see in him to pay 40 mill but they obviously see something that can be developed.

Caicedo one is very odd, he’s at a club with a big chance of European football and he’s leaving at the first opportunity. Really like him as a player but he’s not even had one good full season yet

Well done Mr Gordon for showing your loyalty to your boyhood club.   Sorry........but when he comes out with statements letting everyone know how much he loves Everton and how he will always care what happens to them, because he has been there since 11, and it was always his dream to score at Goodison?  And then off he phecks to Saudi Arabia Utd, as soon as he gets the chance.  Well if he loves them so much, why is he not staying to help them turn the corner under a new manager?   He is 21 and on a great salary, and could have stayed for a season...........All so much B S.   The kid's a hypocrite and a charlatan IMHO.   I do not support Everton, but if i was a fan of theirs, I would seriously dislike this kid,    I  Feel better now!!!  Ha!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Well done Mr Gordon for showing your loyalty to your boyhood club.   Sorry........but when he comes out with statements letting everyone know how much he loves Everton and how he will always care what happens to them, because he has been there since 11, and it was always his dream to score at Goodison?  And then off he phecks to Saudi Arabia Utd, as soon as he gets the chance.  Well if he loves them so much, why is he not staying to help them turn the corner under a new manager?   He is 21 and on a great salary, and could have stayed for a season...........All so much B S.   The kid's a hypocrite and a charlatan IMHO.   I do not support Everton, but if i was a fan of theirs, I would seriously dislike this kid,    I  Feel better now!!!  Ha!

I think he handled it horribly, but fact of the matter is it’s a step up and people are going towards his car saying “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”. You can’t blame him for wanting to go can you?

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I think he handled it horribly, but fact of the matter is it’s a step up and people are going towards his car saying “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”. You can’t blame him for wanting to go can you?

Thanks Charlie........for your forthright opinion.  As for the other reply i received, i just never understand why some people use the confused emoji...........it's such a cop out, almost as if theyr'e incapable of a point of view, and even if it were to be an inarticulate reply, at least it's a point of view?   Sorry i will get off of my soap box now...Ha!

• Like 1