IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

33 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I can see more tickets making it to general sale now. Quite a few season ticket holders, especially with kids will give this a miss at these prices. It'll still sell out but now with more day trippers.

Good news for the half n half scarf sellers.

It is quite possible number of tickets sold to season ticket holders > number of season ticket holders in attandance.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really? Anyone committed enough to City to buy a season ticket is almost certainly going to be going to this. It’s a one-off and most people will pay it on that basis, just like they did five years ago.

Yes rarely do we have a big game like this. If we ever made the prem the prices would increase but not sure they would be as high as this for Gold category?

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really? Anyone committed enough to City to buy a season ticket is almost certainly going to be going to this. It’s a one-off and most people will pay it on that basis, just like they did five years ago.

Us fans all have massive FOMO where City are concerned as can’t bear the thoughts of others saying it was the best game or atmosphere ever.

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes rarely do we have a big game like this. If we ever made the prem the prices would increase but not sure they would be as high as this for Gold category?

A season ticket would automatically essentially increase even if the price stayed the same due to the fact there are less home games. 

I don't think we'd see huge increases on top of what it costs already. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

People moan that we haven't had any money to sign players. 

People are now also moaning that they've priced this game in order for us to make some decent money which can be invested into players.

I’m bemoaning the fact that we’ve pissed money up the wall previously which means we have to take advantage of this opportunity now. 

54 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I can see more tickets making it to general sale now. Quite a few season ticket holders, especially with kids will give this a miss at these prices. It'll still sell out but now with more day trippers.

Good news for the half n half scarf sellers.

I wonder how many with kids might upgrade their kids tickets to adults for this game.  I think that’s why some are happy to pay the £50 (or whatever for a kids ST), knowing that they have an upgradable seat when required?  

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder how many with kids might upgrade their kids tickets to adults for this game.  I think that’s why some are happy to pay the £50 (or whatever for a kids ST), knowing that they have an upgradable seat when required?  

FAQ says we can’t - I’ll buy mine and the daughters in the hope they’ll let me upgrade later 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No chance of that here, the boy is buzzing for it aNd that’s that! 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I can’t use my granddaughters ST as an adult as she can’t go. With it being a school night, and could go on past 10:30.

But I bet they sell it to an adult when I release it. 

One late night won’t hurt her will it?

Remember my old PE teacher telling us we had to watch the England highlights on Midweek Sports Special and tell our parents he said it was ok.  Can’t believe we had to wait for highlights and the game wasn’t live!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I can’t use my granddaughters ST as an adult as she can’t go. With it being a school night, and could go on past 10:30.

But I bet they sell it to an adult when I release it. 

Yeah that's an odd one? The club has the season ticket sale, and if they let you purchase an adult ticket instead would be making more money. Could always upgrade tickets before as I remember doing it for the Man Utd cup game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

This is on the Bristol Sport ticketing page. Assume this would be a gold standard game but the prices don't match at all. 

98FC1309-9062-4BBF-93FB-44E7114D676C.jpeg

This applies to league games only. This is what I pay when I come to AG (member price admittedly). When I take dad and my brother-in-law we go Dolman or Lansdown and yeh for a Gold game it's normally an average of just under £40 a ticket.

It's expensive.

Edited by ExiledAjax

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Think I’ll be watching this one on the tv thanks ?

£48 ?

How much do you think a ticket is for the best seats in the house in the PL?

This is a high profile game against one of the best teams in the world and the prices are broadly aligned to the game five years ago, allowing for inflation. I’m really not sure what people were expecting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Remember my old PE teacher telling us we had to watch the England highlights on Midweek Sports Special and tell our parents he said it was ok.  Can’t believe we had to wait for highlights and the game wasn’t live!

I’d rather give my son the morning off school than miss this one. I remember when we played Liverpool in 94. I don’t remember school the next day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is a high profile game against one of the best teams in the world and the prices are broadly aligned to the game five years ago, allowing for inflation. I’m really not sure what people were expecting.

Yeah we were all moaning about not having a decent tie and we finally get whats looks like the best possible tie and its too expensive!. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

No it won’t - hence my point about them being able to charge more as City will. Like I subsequently said though - I’m really not worried - but I do think ST holders should be rewarded for their loyalty - even it is just £5 cheaper per ticket.  Gestures go a long way to foster good relationships. 

Understand your argument but in the grand scheme of things this cup tie probably pays the wages of the two new lads for a good while and with FFFP being what it is the club is cashing in. I’m saying that as someone who will be forking out £48 for my seat!! £48 to see Vyner back pocketing Haaland…………bargain??

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They knew what to expect but can’t resist an opportunity to moan. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s like waking the devil up when she goes to bed at 8pm. 

It’s always been me the wife and her at weekend games and me and the son in law on night games. 

It’s more to do with they will sell it to an adult after I’ve released it, but won’t give me the choice. They still get the full £40 in their bank. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

It’s like waking the devil up when she goes to bed at 8pm. 

It’s always been me the wife and her at weekend games and me and the son in law on night games. 

It’s more to do with they will sell it to an adult after I’ve released it, but won’t give me the choice. They still get the full £40 in their bank. 

I can see your point. Why don't you buy the ticket as it is, and then phone up asking to upgrade it nearer the time? The club aren't going to say no, I wouldn't have thought. 

• Thanks 1

We’re playing the best and most star studded team in the land, I get times are hard and £38-£40 will be a struggle for me as lowly NHS worker ? but I shall be seeing what I can do to get there. If I can’t make it then it’ll be the tv, pizza and a few pints at home.

let’s not forget Bournemouth fans were charged £60-£65 for a friendly against Real Madrid not that long ago.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

How much are we charging ManCity then...38quid?

Heard they haven't got the biggest historical travelling support of the top teams, could be wrong though. Being a lazy ass, what is the ticket percentage for FA Cup games we are compelled to offer...25%?

They have large away support always have done, percentage is 10 to 15% for FA Cup games I think.