IGNORED

Compare and contrast the MOTD coverage

Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Tonks55 said:

I sat up to gone midnight watching MOD (that's late for a pensioner), mouth watering at the prospect of their coverage of our game, having listened to their orgasmic commentary on a 15 year old Sunderland player who only managed a disallowed tap-in. What did I get? I had to wait until the very last game for 1 minutes coverage, with no mention of our promising youthful future! Disappointed or what!? 

Especially as our ex player chose to ignore us and picked another teenager as his highlight of the day.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

It’s the same with the BBC sport app. Had a link to highlights of goals from every game on the football page bar City. You had to go to the actual match report to see them

It was on there last night with every other game.

I cast it to TV to show my wife.

17 minutes ago, Tonks55 said:

I sat up to gone midnight watching MOD (that's late for a pensioner), mouth watering at the prospect of their coverage of our game, having listened to their orgasmic commentary on a 15 year old Sunderland player who only managed a disallowed tap-in. What did I get? I had to wait until the very last game for 1 minutes coverage, with no mention of our promising youthful future! Disappointed or what!? 

MotD is interested in two things 1) PL clubs particularly the top ones. 2) Cup upsets. A Championship cup match like City v WBA would have been of no interest to the BBC.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MotD is interested in two things 1) PL clubs particularly the top ones. 2) Cup upsets. A Championship cup match like City v WBA would have been of no interest to the BBC.

I can't remember the last time I watched MotD.  Much prefer The Big Match Revisited for some proper football albeit not exactly recent.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This is fair but at the same time we have an exceptional young talent who lit up the game yesterday and another young prospect getting his first goal indeed there were 2 at AG. Vs a yoyo side ie higher Championship and lower to middle PL, a side who many regular MOTD viewers would be familiar with.

Said exceptional talent is being watched by many PL clubs and is an England U19 tournament winner.

I'd say that's worthy of a bit more of a mention/coverage.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair but at the same time we have an exceptional young talent who lit up the game yesterday and another young prospect getting his first goal indeed 2 at AG. Vs a yoyo side ie higher Championship and lower yo middle PL. Said exceptional talent is being watched by many PL clubs and is an England U19 tournament winner.

It is, but Rubbered* is right about their criteria.

*intentional. He does keep bouncing back!

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair but at the same time we have an exceptional young talent who lit up the game yesterday and another young prospect getting his first goal indeed there were 2 at AG. Vs a yoyo side ie higher Championship and lower to middle PL, a side who many regular MOTD viewers would be familiar with.

Said exceptional talent is being watched by many PL clubs and is an England U19 tournament winner.

I’m sure that every City fan agrees with that Mr Popodopolous - however it’s the BBC producers that select which matches and that means the matches that’ll attract the most viewers.

Edited by Robbored

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m sure that every City fan agrees with that Mr Popodopolous - however it’s the BBC producers that select which matches and that means the matches that’ll attract the most viewers.

Although public broadcasters and viewers...surely the idea of a license fee funded broadcaster means that pushing for viewers isn't the be all and end all, there's a balance I get that.

By a bit more I mean maybe a few more clips, a little but of chat about the game at the end- hardly anything in the grand scheme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

To be fair, no matches between clubs from the same league is ever of much interest in the cup. They already play each other twice in the league, and with full strength teams too.

The one good thing about the cup is the little guy competing with the big guy - AKA Urinal Football.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

BBC 5 Live had a nice interview with Sam Bell on Sports Report after the game. Shame the MOTD producers didn't share their enthusiasm...

Also Chris Sutton singing Sam Bell’s praises this evening on 606. Listen in at 44 mins for more on that. Shame the MOTD producers didn’t ask him about our game!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001hmzs

34 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Also Chris Sutton singing Sam Bell’s praises this evening on 606. Listen in at 44 mins for more on that. Shame the MOTD producers didn’t ask him about our game!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001hmzs

I heard that Sutton was completely full of praise for Bell. Seemed obvious that Sutton felt Bell has a big future. 

4 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

To be fair, no matches between clubs from the same league is ever of much interest in the cup. They already play each other twice in the league, and with full strength teams too.

The one good thing about the cup is the little guy competing with the big guy - AKA Urinal Football.

Unless, of course,  they are both premier league teams. Then it is a case of a big guy competing with the even bigger guy or two  big guys competing with each other.

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

I can't remember the last time I watched MotD.  Much prefer The Big Match Revisited for some proper football albeit not exactly recent.

And you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we have been on there as well, and my god those pitches.

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

and that ex player has a terrible command of the English language and arguably shouldn't be on national TV following his outburst at a kids football match.

I assume you are referring to the incident where he was cleared of any wrongdoing and had about 45 people present who could confirm he was acting in self defence!

• Flames 2