IGNORED

Massengo - Loan to Auxerre (Confirmed)

Davefevs

Christophe Pélissier used to play for my old town, Carcassonne, in one of the low leagues in France.

He then went to play and eventually manage an even smaller local team, Revel, population about 9k.

He somehow managed to make his way up to manger of Auxerre and has gone from playing and managing against my mate Benoit who works in the local supermarket to managing against the likes of Mbappé and Neymar…….oh and Han-Noah’s new manager.

Hopefully he can turn things around soon.

• Like 4

he played as the left sided DM.  Auxerre were quite poor but Nuna Da Costa who they signed from Forest was bright.

I watched on Bein Sports with English comms, and Massengo did fine, commentator praising him for giving them a bit of spark.  He got caught on the ball once, but at least half a dozen times he did a little body swerve and touch to create room for himself to get a pass away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 30/01/2023 at 19:36, View from the Dolman said:

Taken the squad number 80 at Auxerre. ?

On 30/01/2023 at 19:41, James54De said:

His number of choice is 42. 40x2 maybe? 

The number his favourite player Ronaldinhio wore at AC Milan. 

His old number 42, taken from his Paris pist code, was taken. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

You are the policeman from 'Allo 'Allo & I claim my five pound reward! 

11 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

was that said in your best french accent

? I never seem to learn I can't write posts* without my reading glasses. 

And yes I did write pists and finally went and got my glasses 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

he played as the left sided DM.  Auxerre were quite poor but Nuna Da Costa who they signed from Forest was bright.

I watched on Bein Sports with English comms, and Massengo did fine, commentator praising him for giving them a bit of spark.  He got caught on the ball once, but at least half a dozen times he did a little body swerve and touch to create room for himself to get a pass away.

As I said earlier in the thread, that’s now 7 league defeats on the spin.

They are already 5 points from safety & so unless they turn their form around quickly they look doomed.

My guess is even though location wise (fairly near Paris) this is perfect for him the move is more about getting himself noticed for next season by a side that will still be in Ligue 1, rather than with any intention to stay at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Thought he made an impact when he came on. Had a shot on goal that was blocked.  Looked like a very  small crowd for a top division match. not like the 20,000 at the gate.

Monaco get very low crowds, always have done. The stadium only holds about 15k and they rarely get close to filling it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Thought he made an impact when he came on. Had a shot on goal that was blocked.  Looked like a very  small crowd for a top division match. not like the 20,000 at the gate.

Not sure football is really a “thing” In Monaco, they struggle to get many more than 5000 even for bigger games.

Not sure what sort of crowds Auxerre get, it will be more than Monaco though.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You’ll need to suspend reality for a moment but it would be very interesting and mildly amusing to see HNM’s reaction, were City to now go on a second half of the season winning streak, then get into and win the playoffs.

I’ll bet he’d want to sign a new contract then!

Doubt that very much! I think he’s moved on more than we have ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Didn’t realise that 4 went down, with Angers they both already look adrift to me.

That must be new, it’s always been 3 before.

Usually the team I’m 18th place play the winners of the ligue 2 playoff’s with the winner either getting promoted or staying in ligue 1

45 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Usually the team I’m 18th place play the winners of the ligue 2 playoff’s with the winner either getting promoted or staying in ligue 1

Genuinely don’t know.

The Ligue 1 table on the BBC Sport page has a dotted line above the bottom four, I assumed it was for relegation, but maybe not?

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Genuinely don’t know.

The Ligue 1 table on the BBC Sport page has a dotted line above the bottom four, I assumed it was for relegation, but maybe not?

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Flashscore shows the bottom four places to be relegated.

It used to be as Ralph says, with the 18th placed team (out of 20) having to play off against the Ligue Two play off winners - two teams getting promoted plus, perhaps, the winner of the Play Off.

Just as in England, however, or indeed in most countries, money talks, and Ligue One will be reduced next season from twenty to eighteen teams.

Accordingly, this season four teams will be relegated with only two promoted from Ligue Two.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Genuinely don’t know.

Ignore this, just read @PHILINFRANCE post. I thought it might be a one off thing. Cheers Phil.

Yeah I’m just trying to pick my brains because the whole play off thing is fairly new, since I left France in 2014. Maybe it’s a thing for this season only for some reason.?! 

Last season Auxerre were the winners of the playoffs, replacing 18th place St Étienne. If  St Étienne had won then only 2 teams would have been relegated as happened a couple of times previously.

I notice Sky are showing the line with just 2 below which are the 2 definitely relegated!

Edited by ralphindevon

With that news in mind, Han-Noah will be using the remainder of this season as a shop window because he certainly won’t want to be playing L2 football next season.

Sounds like his manager has been happy with him since his arrival, praising the recruitment team that sealed the deal after todays game. 

• Like 1