IGNORED

Anis Mehmeti - Signed 3.5 Year Deal (Confirmed)

Gol

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a bit- okay a lot- of hyperbole but Mehmeti our Mahrez (relative to level, age and so on).

Tricky winger, skilful- not saying he's as good as Mahrez but any stylistic similarities? One of the goals on a clip I saw was lovely.

Likes to run and dribble.

Well, Bell is our Vardy.

And King and James are our, uhhh...

• Haha 2

Just watching some of the clips, if this geezer doesn't get us a penalty we've got no bloody hope!

Looks a really exciting signing, whilst not a 'like for like' with Semenyo it certainly fits the profile of the squad and what we need.

If we can get the 3 deals over the line today and shift a couple I think it'd been a great window.

• Like 3

If we can't win a penalty with this kid we've got no chance...

Just now, hinsleburg said:

Just watching some of the clips, if this geezer doesn't get us a penalty we've got no bloody hope!

Looks a really exciting signing, whilst not a 'like for like' with Semenyo it certainly fits the profile of the squad and what we need.

If we can get the 3 deals over the line today and shift a couple I think it'd been a great window.

Great minds ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well, Bell is our Vardy.

And King and James are our, uhhh...

If we sign this giant centre half he will be our Huth.

Two things worry me, he looks a bit too much like a young "Wael of Fortune" to me and buying a player from Wycombe could open us up to a court case with the Gas at some point in the future. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 5

I wonder if Bristol City's CEO  Phil Alexander  who left Wycombe 10 days ago, had an impact on this and knew things about his deal to give us the heads up. 

1 minute ago, Tangle Foot said:

Quiz question: Who was the last player Bristol City signed permanently from Wycombe Wanderers?

COYR.

Mickey Bell?

• Like 1

Looks great in those clips. 

I appreciate it’s a small sample, and he’s not necessarily a like for like replacement, but he look to have better technical skills than Semenyo.

Pearson has talked about wanting a creative maverick type (ie Knockeart) and this guy seems to fit the bill.

The Tinnion tweet all but confirms it’s happening.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Would he be more likely to play wide or at the top of midfield? Tramfermarkt and Wiki have him as attacking midfield but I see lots of wing talk here!

I think the type of player he is, and not coming from a totally conventional academy background, means he still has room to develop however the coaching staff see fit.

• Like 2