IGNORED

Timm Klose and Chris Martin leave (Confirmed)

Silvio Dante

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Chris Martin gave his all for City. I will remember him fondly. The first home Severnside derby after covid was a special game and his performance that day won't be forgotten.

Me too. Got a lot of stick on here but I thought he was a good, intelligent, and reliable player overall for us.

• Like 13

• The title was changed to Timm Klose and Chris Martin leave
2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

All the best to both, but especially Chris Martin. Instrumental in our survival last season and WSM was a joy second half of last year.

He never once gave less than 100% for the cause and I for one am grateful for his service. Think this opens up a return to Derby, which would be a great move for him if it materialises.

Plus those goals against Cardiff. Cult hero just for them! 

And don’t forget ……. He scored our last PENALTY!!!!

Martin did a pretty decent job for us for most of his stay.

I have to say, his last game for us, can’t remember who against, was one of those moments when a lot of us thought that’s it, barring injury to others that’s the last time he’d play for us.

Klose was an odd one, did well enough to warrant an extra year but that year for whatever reason just didn’t work out.

Best of luck in the future to both players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Martin did a pretty decent job for us for most of his stay.

I have to say, his last game for us, can’t remember who against, was one of those moments when a lot of us thought that’s it, barring injury to others that’s the last time he’d play for us.

Klose was an odd one, did well enough to warrant an extra year but that year for whatever reason just didn’t work out.

Best of luck in the future to both players. 

Yes I do agree, a younger Martin would of been nice. And Klose just seemed to loos his game.

Best of the luck to both and thanks for your time 

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

In hindsight shouldn’t have given klose a deal in summer but didn’t quite expect him not to feature after such strong showing last season. 

Didn't he have a family issue in Switzerland? I can remember NP saying he had gone back to deal with it a while ago, maybe that situation got worse and prevented him from being here if so then hopefully all is well for TK

• The title was changed to Timm Klose and Chris Martin leave (Confirmed)
11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think that shows his level of drop off between Spring 2022 and Autumn 2022. Up until then he was a very worthy Champ level player 

His legs have gone now. League 2 is about his level now. Will prob help keep them up

Edited by Super

Thank you to both for their efforts and best of luck too. Klose last sesson looked a good steadying influence shame it didn't happen for him thus season- a year too far maybe, same for Martin albeit with some reasonable displays interspersed.

Martin last season, intelligence, took a bit of physical load and chipped in with some goals and assists.

Both really were instrumental in our improvement in the second half of last season with WSM banging in the goals up front and Klose proving a more than adequate and rather classy replacement for Kalas at the back. The benefit of their experience shone through and we should definitely be thankful for their efforts. However there often is a tipping point for professional footballers in their mid 30s when their pace goes a little and the speed of thought no longer quite makes up for that. Plus I do wonder if Klose was missing the family more than previously. Last time I saw him a couple of weeks ago in Clifton Down Shopping Centre he was very engrossed in a chat (in German) on his phone, presumably calling home. And it would seem that’s where he is now heading.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Both played important parts last season, so good luck to them in their next journeys.

Stories that Klose has been excellent with the u21s.

Klose has been coaching the kids for a while now as well and they absolutely love him. He's an excellent coach, they loved his approach to sessions and the experiences he shared about his career.  They found him hilarious to boot. From what I hear he's a great person to have around.

The boys all signed a card for him last night when he said his goodbyes. I don't pretend to know the guy personally but everything I've heard is positive and I hope he's a huge success in his coaching career back in Switzerland. 

• Like 9