IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

7 hours ago, Spike said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the WBA line up with Pring in for DaSilva but Bell going in the right, Wells in the middle and Mehmeti on the left. Bell is in form as is good at running at players from a wide position, Wells will give 100% whilst on and Mehmeti can run at players too, having Bell and Mehmeti run those outside positions would certainly give us threat right across the width of the pitch. 

On current form I don't think Pearson can drop Bell, would be hugely unfair and send out the wrong message to other players. Let him start and sub him off maybe. 

Oddly as I head up the motorway I am strangely confident of getting a win, and I don't think I have thought that against Preston for a long time!

• Like 2

There's some interesting games elsewhere today.

Brighton v Bournemouth at 3pm could see Semenyo get his first top flight minutes, and he could well be up against Webster in a battle of illustrious City alumni.

Hull v Cardiff is a pretty big match up between two teams around us in the table. The result won't affect our position in the table today, but it's an intriguing game between two poor sides.

Burnley v Norwich is a big game at 12:30. Hopefully Burnley smash Norwich to deflate their Wagner revival ahead of our home game against them next week.

• Like 4

It’s interesting reading their forum they seem a lot more downbeat that we are, and they are just three points off the top six. A few home defeats in a row has not helped. Whilst not entirely following it it seems their Chairman has fallen out with some fans on Watsapp, then claiming his phone was hacked and involving the police. Even talk he has threatened administration next year. Well placed in the league but still a worse goal difference than us. Score few, conceed few.

Difficult one to call. Given their current home form might be both sides will not be too disappointed with a draw. Hopefully we can nick it, we need the points more than them right now. Last few matches up their have been high scoring, and still gutted we did not win last year!

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Doesn't sound good to me. A fifth in a row is surely unlikely?

COYREDS! Take advantage of their poor home record, PLEASE!

And won four of their last five away. Odd form really. Something like 17 since they have drawn as well, so as we finished Blackburns run of not drawing, would not be surprised today. Another team not good when behind so as ever, first goal and all that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Pearson is known for keeping in those who did well in the last game.

Only change will be Pring. And then unleash the returning Weimann and the newcomers in the second half.

3-1 win.

I agree and am excited by that starting line up along with the strength of the bench 

• Thanks 1

I thought Bramall lane was the oldest football ground in the world, not Deepdale - and Notts County the oldest football club?  Not sure why I thought this - probably told it by the ‘all-knowing’ man in the pub at some point !!

Nice to see a full squad available for Nige to pick from - looking forward to this fixture very much!

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add words