IGNORED

Can anyone tell me about this?

AirlieBeachRed

On 04/02/2023 at 23:37, 1960maaan said:

Did some amazing cars, took this photo at Goodwood revival a few years ago.

1483447290_Screenshot2023-02-04at23_36_22.png.9e0b05617b20d52f44c1ed94870ac824.png

The 1959 Bristol Teardrop Special - the only one of its kind apparently

That's a thing of beauty. An old boss of mine who ran a Garage had an old Bristol from the early 60's that was apparently considered a better car than that periods Rolls Royce, it was a much more conventional design though.

That one looks like an art deco design brought to life. Like this one.

Screenshot_2023-02-06-07-18-54-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like a Maserati - as a boy I had Dinky/corgi  toy cars and military vehicles. My favourite was a red Maserati racing car with grey tyres……….jeez……..that was 60years ago. Us lad used to race our racing car in the playground to see who’s would go the furthest

I worked at Filton when Bristol Cars were based there, they used to test drive / shakedown run the cars down the runway…

I’m pretty sure it was their cars that had a ‘trade plate’ which was 100 MPH. Not sure if that registration would be transferable to a normal plate but no doubt highly collectible - and pricey!  

They did assemble (as far as I know they never manufactured much, maybe a few panels) their cars at a place in St George somewhere before they finally went into administration?

Quite unique cars and no doubt increasing in value due to their rarity. 

22 hours ago, Red DNA said:

I worked at Filton when Bristol Cars were based there, they used to test drive / shakedown run the cars down the runway…

I’m pretty sure it was their cars that had a ‘trade plate’ which was 100 MPH. Not sure if that registration would be transferable to a normal plate but no doubt highly collectible - and pricey!  

They did assemble (as far as I know they never manufactured much, maybe a few panels) their cars at a place in St George somewhere before they finally went into administration?

They were based in Cribbs Causeway trading estate not far from where Air Hop is. 

• Like 1

On 07/02/2023 at 21:10, Red DNA said:

Completely unrelated, but I was behind some wideboy in a turbo nutter bastard, with the plate: 101NCH. I suppose you have to grudgingly admire the chutzpah of the arse who would have that as his reg!

• Haha 2