IGNORED

Cardiff away tickets

OliOTIB

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t do many away games, but I have to phone up.  Obviously wouldn’t want to be phoning when there’s another match being sold, but sometimes there’s no other option.

Thanks Dave, doesn’t seem right to me, missed out again for an away game for the umpteenth time just because I can’t buy on-line like everyone else, absolutely impossible to try to get hold of anyone on the phone, surprised the club are allowed to get away with it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

Thanks Dave, doesn’t seem right to me, missed out again for an away game for the umpteenth time just because I can’t buy on-line like everyone else, absolutely impossible to try to get hold of anyone on the phone, surprised the club are allowed to get away with it

Not sure if you are trying to buy wheelchair plus career, or general seats plus carer.  Less wheelchair plus cater tend to go away, so it’s not really been an issue.  But something it’s worth emailing Jerry about if it’s in a non-wheelchair area.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure if you are trying to buy wheelchair plus career, or general seats plus carer.  Less wheelchair plus cater tend to go away, so it’s not really been an issue.  But something it’s worth emailing Jerry about if it’s in a non-wheelchair area.

Non-wheelchair, the fact is that I’m not given the same opportunity as every other season ticket holder when trying to purchase tickets for popular away fixtures, oh well what should I expect after over 50 years of support, I don’t seem to remember having a problem getting a ticket for Northampton away when we were 92nd in the league and watching a 7-1 defeat!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Non-wheelchair, the fact is that I’m not given the same opportunity as every other season ticket holder when trying to purchase tickets for popular away fixtures, oh well what should I expect after over 50 years of support, I don’t seem to remember having a problem getting a ticket for Northampton away when we were 92nd in the league and watching a 7-1 defeat!!!!

Yeah, I totally get that that’s unfair.

For info, usually you’ll get the day 1 - online only, day 3 - phones etc.  you don’t have to wait til day 3, just phone them on day 1 and tell them online isn’t possible, and they’ll sort on the phone.  I know that might still require hanging on the line, but likely that wait times will be shorter.

I’d suggest raising with Jerry or Gareth Torpy.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

That’s not good sorry to hear that. Out of interest why are you not able to buy online? Sorry if there is a private reason this isn’t possible? 

I haven’t seen bouncers on pub doors in the city centre daytime, stay away from the ones that attract football fans like spoons and you’ll be fine. There’s about 50,000 (mainly English or non welsh) students in cardiff aswell as shoppers from allover so I’d be amazed if an accent stopped you getting in anywhere…..

go off the beaten track a bit maybe….

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

I haven’t seen bouncers on pub doors in the city centre daytime, stay away from the ones that attract football fans like spoons and you’ll be fine. There’s about 50,000 (mainly English or non welsh) students in cardiff aswell as shoppers from allover so I’d be amazed if an accent stopped you getting in anywhere…..

go off the beaten track a bit maybe….

As I said in my case it wasn't an accent but the fact I couldn't show a Cardiff/Welsh address. Obviously students you mention would be able to generally.

59 minutes ago, One Team said:

What’s the usual approach for getting drink at Cardiff away then? Sounds like getting in pubs is unlikely, is there a Welsh equivalent of the Natch Wall? ?

There is actually ? Just outside the perimeter fence, by the away gate, I’ve seen a fair few City fans supping on their favourite tin of poison over the times we’ve played there. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, One Team said:

What’s the usual approach for getting drink at Cardiff away then? Sounds like getting in pubs is unlikely, is there a Welsh equivalent of the Natch Wall? ?

Large area to drink inside the away concourse - keep your eyes peeled for ex Rovers players supporting City

1 minute ago, MattWSM said:

I'm trying to buy a Cardiff ticket privately but apparently it costs £10 to get the name changed on the ticket. Is that necessary? 

I dont see it is?

or am I being scammed.

I have honestly never heard of being able to change a name on a ticket

To be honest I'm not sure why you would need to

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Large area to drink inside the away concourse - keep your eyes peeled for ex Rovers players supporting City

I have honestly never heard of being able to change a name on a ticket

To be honest I'm not sure why you would need to

I've been scammed..paid £24...

17 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The tickets will have been pre-printed before being given to City. There won't be any names on the ticket.

Yep I know, thanks, I've bought many myself so thought it sounded dodgy..

It was a normal arrangement paid the ticket fee and now not releasing as wants an extra 10 to change the name. arrggh. damm

6 hours ago, One Team said:

There's a Greggs opposite the train station, perfect for an early morning coffee and bacon roll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

Yep I know, thanks, I've bought many myself so thought it sounded dodgy..

It was a normal arrangement paid the ticket fee and now not releasing as wants an extra 10 to change the name. arrggh. damm

Cardiff stadium you scan the barcode yourself, not sure the turnstiles are even manned.

16 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

That’s not good sorry to hear that. Out of interest why are you not able to buy online? Sorry if there is a private reason this isn’t possible? 

You can’t buy tickets with a carer on line, the system doesn’t allow it, the reason they gave was “ anyone can say they need a carers ticket and get one for free” !!!!!!

20 minutes ago, harrys said:

You can’t buy tickets with a carer on line, the system doesn’t allow it, the reason they gave was “ anyone can say they need a carers ticket and get one for free” !!!!!!

They have started to do some things online for “plus one”, e.g. season card renewals, Man City game, etc,

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They have started to do some things online for “plus one”, e.g. season card renewals, Man City game, etc,

Thanks Dave, as you say the Man City game was nice and easy so didn’t have to waste an hour on the phone but still not possible for away games, they were more than happy to sell me tickets away to Hull and Blackburn but I was frozen out for the Cardiff game and it will also be the same for Swansea, oh well, I’m sure they”ll be more than happy to accommodate me for the Huddersfield away game on a Tuesday night!!!

• Like 1