IGNORED

Norwich City at home match thread

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

They both need to settle into the team and in Mehmeti's case the division, but I think they're looking like good additions to the squad.

And exactly how we should be cutting our cloth. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought we were solid today. Compact.

Norwich had their moments of course and a fair bit of the  ball but for all their possession were not really threatening for the most part.

Scott should've had a penalty for sure and the wait goes on. 70-30 in favour of Norwich as far as the ref was concerned it felt like.

Nah. That wasn’t a pen today. Although when he went down I did wonder if I was going to be there to see the moment it happened. 

• Like 3

Once again our defence was superb, Thats the key when we have Good players forward who can run and score. Liked Sykes from start, his goal counts but their gk should have saved it. Our bench is very good, Kalas and Weimann important to help the team. Tanner was very good as the whole team. Max can still not kick the ball out, throwing most of the times for Norwich. Fighting spirit and hardness was a joy to see today. We are a hard team to beat. Well done City! COYR 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Malago said:

7 points from the next 3 games

Wigan 3

Sunderland 1

Hull 3

Keeps in the hunt.

Whether we will is another matter, but realistically that’s what we need to keep us in with a chance.

If supporting City for fifty years has taught me anything it`s that we`ll probably lose to Wigan and beat Sunderland. It`ll be interesting to see who starts on Tuesday, Mehmeti & Cornick possibly after such a hard game today.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Nige was right to replace Wells and Bell who just didn't look on it. 

Sykes has been a revelation. Great lad.

Thought Wells and Bell both got through a lot of chasing down and it was more a case of introducing fresh legs - nice option to have. 

Reckon either Wells or Bell would have scored from the chance Cornick wasted, but fair enough to swap them out when he did.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Surely even the most optimistic person can't think of play offs considering where we've been most of this season. Have to just be happy with game by game consistency and performance.

Traditionally there is always a team that puts a late run together. Why can’t it be us this season?..

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Thought Wells and Bell both got through a lot of chasing down and it was more a case of introducing fresh legs - nice option to have. 

Reckon either Wells or Bell would have scored from the chance Cornick wasted, but fair enough to swap them out when he did.

We've now got competition whereby their first touch and end product has to be spot on. Effort won't be enough with out quality.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At the moment when Cornick comes on for Wells we lose a bit of energy up front I think. Cornick presses but he doesn't make the same runs that Wells does. It's early days though - I'd like to make it very clear that I am not writing him off!

i reckon Nakhi would have scored that one one one with the keeper too.   Not dissing Cornick - he hasn't had a chance to settle in yet - but that was a really chance

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Norwich had their moments of course and a fair bit of the  ball but for all their possession were not really threatening for the most part.

Scott should've had a penalty for sure and the wait goes on. 70-30 in favour of Norwich as far as the ref was concerned it felt like.

It wasn't a pen.  Even Naismith said so on Robins TV

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Must be doing something right if opposition fans always think they're shite!

Funny how we're 'the worst side I've seen in years' from supporters of a team we've just beaten. Same as most weeks.

Every week, we read the same.

I say enjoy sucking them sour grapes, from a supporter of the worst side you've seen in years that have just beaten you. :)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Scott dived , never a pen.

1 minute ago, CanaryCouple said:

Just wanted to pop my head in and say well done today. Not too much between the teams but you had the clearer chances.

As I predicted, McLean struggled at DM and Scott ran the midfield, and Giannoulis at LB was a liability.

Now in Bristol Beer Factory watching the rugby and hoping to sample a few more of Bristol's fine hostelries before we head back in the morning.

Will be keeping an eye out for your results, and hopefully see you at Wembley in May. Thanks again for your recommendations, and we'll definitely be coming back for another crack at your great city!

Matt

I thought Scott was shit!! Comparatively 

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At the moment when Cornick comes on for Wells we lose a bit of energy up front I think. Cornick presses but he doesn't make the same runs that Wells does. It's early days though - I'd like to make it very clear that I am not writing him off!

Couldn't disagree more. He was a proper nuisance. Competed for everything. We only missed Wells for the 1 on 1. Thought Wells was poor today. Played us into trouble a number of times 

• Like 1
Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I thought Scott was shit!! Comparatively 

Will have to keep watching your games to see what he's like when he's at his best, then! ;)

Just the way he moves and makes space for himself on and off the ball, no offence intended but you can see he's a cut above the rest of your team (and ours). We saw the same with Maddison and Buendía in recent years. Enjoy him while you have him!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

We were brilliant all across the pitch and from the bench. 

We have the feeling of a side that will do everything for the cause. Our back four are excellent. We look like we can defend dead balls and we have runners in Bell Weimann Wells Cornick and the lad from Wycombe with Conway to come back. 

No one wants to play us right now!

3 minutes ago, CanaryCouple said:

Will have to keep watching your games to see what he's like when he's at his best, then! ;)

Just the way he moves and makes space for himself on and off the ball, no offence intended but you can see he's a cut above the rest of your team (and ours). We saw the same with Maddison and Buendía in recent years. Enjoy him while you have him!

You watching the Rugby?