IGNORED

Norwich City at home match thread

Really happy with the win today.Great attitude from the players.I think we just shaded it.

The Referee was as inconsistent useless awfulness as we are getting used to.Along with the cuntnump running the line on the Lansdown side.

How can one high challenge be high ( free kick to them) ,then unsurprisingly the one for them is ok.******* useless all afternoon.I’m surprised he didn’t play on until they scored.Is he related to Grant Hanley cuz he got away with everything all afternoon.******* clown.

Big big win today.Well done city

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
10 minutes ago, CanaryCouple said:

Will have to keep watching your games to see what he's like when he's at his best, then! ;)

Just the way he moves and makes space for himself on and off the ball, no offence intended but you can see he's a cut above the rest of your team (and ours). We saw the same with Maddison and Buendía in recent years. Enjoy him while you have him!

He was honestly a bit disappointing today compared with his recent performances. Didn’t do much wrong but wasn’t as influential as he has been.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, CanaryCouple said:

Just wanted to pop my head in and say well done today. Not too much between the teams but you had the clearer chances.

As I predicted, McLean struggled at DM and Scott ran the midfield, and Giannoulis at LB was a liability.

Now in Bristol Beer Factory watching the rugby and hoping to sample a few more of Bristol's fine hostelries before we head back in the morning.

Will be keeping an eye out for your results, and hopefully see you at Wembley in May. Thanks again for your recommendations, and we'll definitely be coming back for another crack at your great city!

Matt

Always welcome on here Matt.

Enjoy and a safe journey home tomorrow.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, adamski said:

I’d just like to apologise to everyone. My daughter has never seen the City win in 15 years..I have, in recent years discouraged her from attending. She has just texted me to say she is going with friends. I have offered her £100 to stay in the centre and enjoy herself instead of coming to the gate….alas she has declined my offer?

Now she wants a season ticket......hooked...poor thing

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Robin 1
3 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Really happy with the win today.Great attitude from the players.I think we just shaded it.

The Referee was as inconsistent useless awfulness as we are getting used to.Along with the cuntnump running the line on the Lansdown side.

How can one high challenge be high ( free kick to them) ,then unsurprisingly the one for them is ok.******* useless all afternoon.I’m surprised he didn’t play on until they scored.Is he related to Grant Hanley cuz he got away with everything all afternoon.******* clown.

Big big win today.Well done city

I've never seen that on Countdown :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If supporting City for fifty years has taught me anything it`s that we`ll probably lose to Wigan and beat Sunderland. It`ll be interesting to see who starts on Tuesday, Mehmeti & Cornick possibly after such a hard game today.

Neither of them will start on Tuesday.

But they might on Wednesday ?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, CanaryCouple said:

Will have to keep watching your games to see what he's like when he's at his best, then! ;)

Just the way he moves and makes space for himself on and off the ball, no offence intended but you can see he's a cut above the rest of your team (and ours). We saw the same with Maddison and Buendía in recent years. Enjoy him while you have him!

You should have seen him last week then, he was far better than he was today.

We'll enjoy him while he's here but know he's destined for higher echelons.

36 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Surely even the most optimistic person can't think of play offs considering where we've been most of this season. Have to just be happy with game by game consistency and performance.

I find this quite an unexciting way to view things, the same as all the "enjoy him whilst he's here" stuff about Scott.

If you're being pragmatic about it, playoffs would probably be unlikely. But we're playing well, have momentum and gaining confidence - nothing wrong with looking up the table instead of down and enjoying the ride. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He was honestly a bit disappointing today compared with his recent performances. Didn’t do much wrong but wasn’t as influential as he has been.

The slightly and I say it in the nicest way disappointing performance from Scott may well work in our favour , the prem big boys may well just hold off a little longer or even perhaps buy in the summer and loan back to us . 
how often do think he would play in a prem team and would it be a top 6 team top 10 or a Bournemouth type team .

hate to see him go to a prem team and just sit on the bench .

Edited by redkev
4 minutes ago, redkev said:

The slightly and I say it in the nicest way disappointing performance from Scott may well work in our favour , the prem big boys may well just hold off a little longer or even perhaps buy in the summer and loan back to us . 
how often do think he would play in a prem team and would it be a top 6 team top 10 or a Bournemouth type team .

hate to see him go to a prem team and just sit on the bench .

Wishful thinking mate- I hope you are right btw

First time ( I think ) I’ve heard Nige use the word “phenomenal” when referring to certain elements of our performance in a post match interview. Not the type of man to use the word lightly but he is right, we were.

If, and a big if, we win the next two games, dare I say it, we’d be right in the mix. Not getting carried away at all but right now, we have momentum and at this point in the season, as we have seen many, many times before, could make all the difference . COYR.

Edited by RedEyez
1 hour ago, 22A said:

Yet again a City win, but the oppos once again put it down to them being rubbish.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/151413-official-lapps-match-thread-brizzle-away/page/6/#comments

We are miles off the playoffs and haven’t beaten a top six side all season. We will finish between 9th and 16th I think

Wow, that was utterly turgid. Dare I say, Dean Smithesque.

That was utter cack, we are clearly not good enough as a squad to unlock well organized teams

Then there was this thread;

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/151415-cost-of-bristol-city-team-that-weve-played-today/

1. O'Leary - £0 (youth)
  2. Tanner - £300k
  3. Atkinson - £1.6m
  4. Vyner - £0 (youth)
  5. Pring - £0 (youth)
  6. Williams - £725k
  7. James - £0 (free agent)
  8. Sykes - £0 (free agent)
  9. Scott - £0 (youth)
  10. Bell - £0 (youth)
  11. Wells - £4.75m
  12. Mehmeti - £5m
  13. Cornick - "low six figures", lets call it £300k
  14. Weimann - £2m

£14.7m and yet, we're no better than them. We're no younger than them. We're 3 points apart in the table. 

Mehmeti was undisclosed but probably £1m and certainly not £5m 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I find this quite an unexciting way to view things, the same as all the "enjoy him whilst he's here" stuff about Scott.

If you're being pragmatic about it, playoffs would probably be unlikely. But we're playing well, have momentum and gaining confidence - nothing wrong with looking up the table instead of down and enjoying the ride. 

Understood Phileas but apart from getting promotion, how on earth can we deny Scotty a life changing move? Yes, he's that good IMHO.

I would love him to be here next season but surely it's unrealistic isn't it?

54 minutes ago, CanaryCouple said:

Just wanted to pop my head in and say well done today. Not too much between the teams but you had the clearer chances.

As I predicted, McLean struggled at DM and Scott ran the midfield, and Giannoulis at LB was a liability.

Now in Bristol Beer Factory watching the rugby and hoping to sample a few more of Bristol's fine hostelries before we head back in the morning.

Will be keeping an eye out for your results, and hopefully see you at Wembley in May. Thanks again for your recommendations, and we'll definitely be coming back for another crack at your great city!

Matt

Thank you for popping by again and for your excellent contribution to the opening post, enjoy your evening and safe journey home to you and Mrs Wolf. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Mehmeti looks an exciting prospect and will be a real menace to opponents. He needs to get up to speed though as he held on to the ball a bit too long when he had possession.

Great win today . We look a solid unit who fight for everything. Massive respect to all at the club. 

Yeah Mehmeti had me excited with hos quick feet, albeit he fluffed his one shot.

• Like 1

One thing I remember NP saying a while back was he wanted a side the opposition hate playing against. I thought that was us today. We weren’t that constructive going forward but we didn’t give them a moment’s peace. Good to see this trend in recent weeks after being soft for so long.

We no longer look like a team waiting to concede soft goals. Admittedly, Max did give Preston a goal last week but we still won the Medieval battle on the rest of the pitch. I’m not a fan of Medieval battles but sometimes you have to fight them. 

• Like 1