IGNORED

Norwich City at home match thread

24 minutes ago, adamski said:

I’d just like to apologise to everyone. My daughter has never seen the City win in 15 years..I have, in recent years discouraged her from attending. She has just texted me to say she is going with friends. I have offered her £100 to stay in the centre and enjoy herself instead of coming to the gate….alas she has declined my offer?

I'm not going today though so can you pay me the £100 instead? I'll pm you my account and sort code.

Cheers bud  ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, adamski said:

I’d just like to apologise to everyone. My daughter has never seen the City win in 15 years..I have, in recent years discouraged her from attending. She has just texted me to say she is going with friends. I have offered her £100 to stay in the centre and enjoy herself instead of coming to the gate….alas she has declined my offer?

Yeah, but has she ever seen a penalty?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Imho they have, they were part of a pairing at the latter part / back end of last season when we put good results and performances together.  Williams should be right up for this, getting possession of the shirt back due to Naismith injury.

It will mean we play a bit different, but basically it’ll be “get it and give it to Alex Scott”.  He can spray a pass, although not quite to the extent of Naismith, but he’s quicker over the ground though.

hmmm, the thing is Williams likes getting forward and then if a move breaks down we only have the fairly slow James as cover for the back four, so for me for it to work, Williams has to be more defensive minded. :Like you say "give it to Alex Scott" and keep position.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, adamski said:

Good for here.

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He'll get his chance from the bench soon, and when he does, he'll have to produce to take the shirt from those in possession if they can continue their form. 

It's great management, I think. No more tombola nonsense. A small, tight knit squad all with a good chance of playing and needing to maintain performance levels when they do!

I can see Mehmeti getting 20 mins today for his home debut 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm interested to see when Mehmeti will get his chance, seems like a very dynamic player who can cause problems but I get it when Sykes and Bell are performing in those wide roles atm.

I feel their forward line will be too potent for us & that we may well find ourselves chasing the game - maybe a change in shape with Mehmeti getting a chance to run at them...

Edited by Son of Fred