IGNORED

Lois Diony

FabledRobin

10 minutes ago, FabledRobin said:

FIFA has ruled in favour of French striker Lois Diony & ordered Crvena zvezda (red star Belgrade) to pay him €520K in unpaid wages. Diony wasn't paid from October 2021 to March 2022. 

The club will appeal the decision. 

The club claims that Diony wasn't paid because he came drunk to training. 

How the hell could they tell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, WWred said:

No contest, never have i seen hold up play as effective in the style of Bas Savage

The key being to keep the ball so far out of control it's subsequently in control

This reminded me of a comment made by a TV pundit about Carlton Palmer - “he can trap the ball farther than I can kick it”. I thought this to be rather unkind as he wasn’t as bad as a lot of people suggested. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Apparently Johnson wanted to!!!!

Whether you liked LJ or not, this is such a ridiculous thing to say & blatantly a lie.

Diony arrived in January’18, he started just one game for us & by March LJ wasn’t even including him in his match day squad.

There is absolutely nothing to back up what you say, I’m by no means his biggest fan but this was so obviously a Mark Ashton inspired signing that LJ rightly gave a swerve to once he’d had a good look at him.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Bas falling over the white line v Yeovil (?) is still the funniest thing I've ever seen at a football match! He was entertaining if nothing else.

Got to be honest, other than the nationally syndicated entertainment, I always thought Bas added something to the team.  I saw him away at Donny Rovers (or is it United ? ) at their old stadium, might have been his first run-out ?  It was freezing and we lost, but he was a presence and added some strength. 

Sat in the Dolman for the above, with a visitor from Spain. Must have been tough to have the whole stadium laughing at him.  Didn't Gary J. say he had tears in his eyes?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elmore James said:

Got to be honest, other than the nationally syndicated entertainment, I always thought Bas added something to the team.  I saw him away at Donny Rovers (or is it United ? ) at their old stadium, might have been his first run-out ?  It was freezing and we lost, but he was a presence and added some strength. 

Sat in the Dolman for the above, with a visitor from Spain. Must have been tough to have the whole stadium laughing at him.  Didn't Gary J. say he had tears in his eyes?

I know it got a laugh from a few on here but I always said his movement off the ball suggested, he had more of an understanding of the game than some better known forwards.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know it got a laugh from a few on here but I always said his movement off the ball suggested, he had more of an understanding of the game than some better known forwards.

Totally.

His goal scoring record for us was beyond abysmal (his only goal basically hit him in the face & went in) but as a partner for Brooker, he was hard working, physical & awkward to play against.

Always remember a mate saying he went to Gillingham around this time & him & Brooker absolutely battered their centre halves all first half in one of the most physical displays he had ever seen & we came in 1-0 up.

Second half Basso went off injured & Steve Phillips came on as a sub & let a shot straight through his body for the equaliser & never played for us again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Whether you liked LJ or not, this is such a ridiculous thing to say & blatantly a lie.

Diony arrived in January’18, he started just one game for us & by March LJ wasn’t even including him in his match day squad.

There is absolutely nothing to back up what you say, I’m by no means his biggest fan but this was so obviously a Mark Ashton inspired signing that LJ rightly gave a swerve to once he’d had a good look at him.

He came on at Burton, that was in March. I think that was his last appearance. I was there to witness it.