IGNORED

Ched Evans - 4 Game Ban For Foul On Alex Scott - Serves The Dirty Barsteward Right!

Curr Avon

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I really want some feedback from or about Refs after a game. They deem it worthy of a 4 match ban, yet the Ref missed 2 incidents. The Wells one, Nakhi had the ball at his feet so the Ref had to bee looking at it. The Scott one from the video it looks like the Ref would have to look directly past Scott and Evans to follow the ball. Why don't we get some feedback or explanation about incidents like these. 
I know that the Powers that be will protect their own, but a little clarity would help. Let the Ref explain what he did or didn't see, not keep them in ivory towers and rely on some other office to try and right their mistakes retrospectivel.

Nearly 30 years ago, when Martin Tyler used to commentate on Dutch football for ESPN, one of the features was interviewing the referee after the game. I just don't see the problem with refs explaining their decisions or saying they didn't see it. Like everyone else Referees are allowed to make genuine mistakes, and they make a lot less than players do, and those mistakes could cost us but a post match interview would make it seem more palatable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

What makes me laugh is the word altercation. It implies that there was some sort of back and forth. 

Scott got  punched in the head from behind. That Evans is an evil ****, but I like Pearson’s attitude, we have got to learn how to play against sides like this and win. Something we haven’t done well since Gerry left!

Yep. Think that performance against those dirty James Hunts could be a massive step forwards for our group.   Standing up to their physical intimidation and coming through whereas before we may have caved as a young group.   Big moment in the development of the team hopefully.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Nearly 30 years ago, when Martin Tyler used to commentate on Dutch football for ESPN, one of the features was interviewing the referee after the game. I just don't see the problem with refs explaining their decisions or saying they didn't see it. Like everyone else Referees are allowed to make genuine mistakes, and they make a lot less than players do, and those mistakes could cost us but a post match interview would make it seem more palatable. 

Exactly. Even if they make an excuse of not seeing the incident, just having their view would take some of the frustration away. He may have followed the ball and missed both incidents, which would be bad enough, not hearing him say he missed it make him appear incompetent .

25 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

How far away are we from being awarded penalties on the Friday after the game?

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

51 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yep. Think that performance against those dirty James Hunts could be a massive step forwards for our group.   Standing up to their physical intimidation and coming through whereas before we may have caved as a young group.   Big moment in the development of the team hopefully.   

Problem is we had the likes of Ian Gay and Tony Wilkins absolutely going mental about how we were playing. Calling for Pearsons head without actually understanding how it takes a long time for a group of players, especially young players to take that step forward and be able to see games out. 

Listening to how Tony Wilkins was on the radio the other night was comical. 

How these people get air time I don't know.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Problem is we had the likes of Ian Gay and Tony Wilkins absolutely going mental about how we were playing. Calling for Pearsons head without actually understanding how it takes a long time for a group of players, especially young players to take that step forward and be able to see games out. 

Emptiest vessels make the loudest noise...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hello Dave said:

Am I the only one not seeing a lot in this? Ok, it was a sending off, but is it really that violent. Looks more of a grab than a punch. 

Only because he missed his punch and caught with his arm instead, he was clearly trying to knock him out luckily he's rubbish boxer as well.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good spot that, that was very much the cowardly bit I referred to. It's not immediately visible without watching a few times but nasty, cowardly.

It was blatantly obvious to anyone watching in real time (including the referee who was looking directly at it). He mis timed his punch then followed up with a stamp.

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

And here's the incident in the bottom clip....

Remember thinking at the time that it was right in the refs eye line  & did nothing. He’s abysmal . Was equally poor in the fa cup game during the week . Should never be officiating in the football league. Shows how poor the standard of reffing is that he keeps getting games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Fair play to you for being able to do so, absolutely clueless, the pair of them. The bar could not be set any lower than having him on, he’s worse than Ian Gay.

Wilkins actually said on Twitter he wouldn’t miss Richard Gould because he couldn’t think of anything he had done in his time here.

******* idiot.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Had a yellow card, so action already happened. 

Cunningham didn’t get yellow carded at all, only Wells did.  How does that work?

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can’t listen to him, after his rant post-match pre-Xmas, he’s just a parody of himself.  He makes Ian seem like a football super-brain.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

What shocks me is the belters on twitter who think Wells should have been sent off for his reaction to Cunningham dragging a set of studs down his leg!

I thought Wells was very lucky not have received a red card. He lost it with Cunningham and he raised his arms to him which would , with a normal ref, vindicate a sending off. 
I understand completely his reaction but he was out of control. 
Cunningham should have been sent off at least twice. What a synt that bloke is. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Once again poor officiating could have cost us. Great they have banned him but it doesn’t affect us anymore. All this bad decisions even themselves out over the season. What a load of bollocks that is

Agreed. If it were true that it evens out then we’re heading for the playoffs