IGNORED

Mark Sykes

BCFCGav

7 minutes ago, E.J.Thribb said:

The bloke is a complete athlete, works his socks off and chipping in now with the goals. Take a bow, that man. 

His support of GT today in defending Hernandez was immense, particularly in the second half.

My mate calls him 'duracell' as his energy is rediculous.

Edited by Ska Junkie

26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

This guy needs a thread. Signed for a grand total of £0, and to not-much-fuss from supporters of previous club Oxford United - in his first half a season here he’s filled in capably as a RWB and then when moved forward as we switched to 433, has been a revelation.

Many credit our fantastic uptick in form to that switch, and with recent recruitment targeted to a wing-less system, we’d have really struggled without Sykes ready to slot straight into that role. Even so, not many would’ve predicted 5 goals in 6 appearances from wide (and a couple assists to boot).

Great work Sykesy - keep it up ?⚪

He has been really impressive of late. He has had a few wobbles this season but that is to be expected, the championship is a tough division and players need time to adjust.

He looks like he is finally finding his feet now and is looking a really good signing. 

I have said it before on here multiple times but once our FFP situation is fully under control (after the big incoming fee for Scott in the summer) then i am really excited to see what Pearson can do with some more money to spend. 

48 minutes ago, nickolas said:

He’s also sneakily fast. That sprint back near the end of first half was immense. 
A very clever player too. 

what i like about him is his fearless attitude when going in for a challenge,doesnt care if its going to hurt,he just does it ,fairly and hard, (unless freemans involved but that was class,dirty shit deserved it)

Posted something similar to the OP in the Kane Wilson thread last week.

Sykes is pretty much the archetype of our new transfer model, good age, low wages, versatile & having watched him closely today, incredibly fit.

He’s in a great run of scoring at present & is taking the pressure off of our main strikers as a result.

Delighted for him, looking a great piece of business.

I’m repeating myself…but part of a core team structure we should be proud of. Versatile, rapid, strong, and can run all day. Has been outstanding since the new year. And cost us nothing. 

But was a signing that was preparing us for league one apparently. It’s almost as if someone who’s been in football management for 20 years knows what he’s doing 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I must admit as I said to my mate today 'I don't rate him at all but the ****** keeps scoring'

In fairness he was our second best player today behind Pring but was taken off at the right time as he wasn't helping Tanner with Hernandez 

He was my MOTM today, thought it was his best game in a City shirt.  Playing with confidence, and Giannoullis is no mug at LB either.

46 minutes ago, E.J.Thribb said:

Agreed. Him and Tanner have formed a good partnership down the right flank these past few games. 

Yep, that little shape to come short, and and spin in behind…and Tanner now knows what he’s doing.  There was one great interchange where Hanley got across to cover, otherwise he was in again.

42 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I totally agree and don't mind admitting the thought of Hernandez against GT had me worried pre match. I should have more faith.

Hernandez was non-existent first half ???

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Nige is playing Sykes in his preferred position as his recent goal record reflects.

He was terrific today as was Pring. Now Sykes need to develop one thing - a Bristolian accent……….….:cool2:

Then he'd be a proper manager!

Oh sorry, wrong thread!

?

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

I have said it before on here multiple times but once our FFP situation is fully under control (after the big incoming fee for Scott in the summer) then i am really excited to see what Pearson can do with some more money to spend. 

Sign an upgrade on Mark Sykes, I expect! 

But that's a discussion for another day - with (total guess) 10 million quid to spend from a sale of Alex Scott, which of today's squad would the manager upgrade and which would he keep? 

For today, Sykes is in fine goalscoring form and all power to his elbow. Slainte! 

44 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Seem to remember him running back at pace about 50 yards towards end of first half to cover a dangerous run behind the back 4.

was my motm just ahead of vyner and pring

Sums him up, someone described him as “unspectacular” last week, but his willingness to work for the team, run goodness knows how many km & chip in with loads of vital goals of late is spectacular enough for me.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Sums him up, someone described him as “unspectacular” last week, but his willingness to work for the team, run goodness knows how many km & chip in with loads of vital goals of late is spectacular enough for me.

Kasey Palmer v Mark Sykes. 

Both attacking midfielders but there the comparison ends! 

• Like 3