IGNORED

A9 entrance disturbance

AG City

4 hours ago, RedM said:

So, if it were up to me I would ban both kids and parents, possibly for the rest of the season and certainly for the ManC game.

Took me a while after reading this bit to figure out that you weren’t actually calling for a full ban of all kids and their parents ?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Took me a while after reading this bit to figure out that you weren’t actually calling for a full ban of all kids and their parents ?

Not everyone is a parent but I think everyone is someones kid. Sounds to me like you'd need to be a clone or an andriod to gain entrance on that criteria.

• Haha 1

Parents should be given a short ban and a reminder of their responsibilities, anyone who wrestled with the stewards should also be banned.

Can we also ban cardboard placards requesting players shirts. Can't wait to see all the kids with Kevin or Alfie can I have your shirt notices vs Man City. Just find it embarrassing.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

As usual the relatively unimportant part (people running on the pitch) has put the 2 main issues in the dark.  1 A grown adult manhandling a child with zero right to do so.. 2.  A clear assault against 1 that should be a matter for the Police. 

I'd be interested in the view of anyone who works with kids.  Do you just manhandle a child if they're being difficult?

Any particular thoughts on this incident?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11729353/Noble-Park-Melbourne-Disturbing-moment-female-protective-services-officer-slaps-11-year-old-boy.html

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i hope the parents and kid is banned for life, entering the field of play is a criminal offence, we have been warned about this from the FA and EFL and most likely will be fined again as a result, whether the steward over stepped the mark isn't the problem, beaking the ******* law is the actual problem

A child banned for life for running on the pitch?  Surely he should be whipped through the streets of Bristol too?

Perhaps motorists should be banned from driving for life if they exceed the speed limit.  I’m sure you’ve never ******* done that though.

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Can we also ban cardboard placards requesting players shirts. Can't wait to see all the kids with Kevin or Alfie can I have your shirt notices vs Man City. Just find it embarrassing.

I think you may be accused of getting shirty over nothing.

Cardboard placards are tacky.

But I still treasure the "Johnson Out !" one that I made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Apprehended in connection with a recent crime, swore and shouted racial slurs before spitting on the officer. No problem at all with what she did - especially if it prevents him spitting again. 

Alternative link for those not wanting to give the Mail any clicks

https://au.news.yahoo.com/police-defend-video-of-pso-slapping-11-year-old-boy-065223853.html

• Like 1

I hope the person who hit the steward is reading this ,You should be Ashamed of yourself,I for one hope you get Banned, it was your fault for letting your child on the pitch, the steward is their to do a job,and that's what he's doing, if you can't control your child don't take him to football, or if he wants a shirt that bad, buy him one and have the players name put on it,

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

I hope the person who hit the steward is reading this ,You should be Ashamed of yourself,I for one hope you get Banned, it was your fault for letting your child on the pitch, the steward is their to do a job,and that's what he's doing, if you can't control your child don't take him to football, or if he wants a shirt that bad, buy him one and have the players name put on it,

Vikings Yes GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

6 hours ago, The Bard said:

As usual the relatively unimportant part (people running on the pitch) has put the 2 main issues in the dark.  1 A grown adult manhandling a child with zero right to do so.. 2.  A clear assault against 1 that should be a matter for the Police. 

I'd be interested in the view of anyone who works with kids.  Do you just manhandle a child if they're being difficult?

It's not quite a straightforward as that, but yes. There are occasions that I have had to restrain (or remove from the vicinity). It is not pleasant. There are particular ways to do it and you must be fully trained. It is a last resort, generally it is done to keep the child or others safe. 

I did not see the incident in question so I cannot comment as to whether the decision to restrain or type of restraint was appropriate. 

38 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

It's not quite a straightforward as that, but yes. There are occasions that I have had to restrain (or remove from the vicinity). It is not pleasant. There are particular ways to do it and you must be fully trained. It is a last resort, generally it is done to keep the child or others safe. 

I did not see the incident in question so I cannot comment as to whether the decision to restrain or type of restraint was appropriate. 

Trust me it was completely inappropriate.  No person was in danger. A kid ran on a football pitch to ask for a player's shirt and it was treated like he'd assaulted someone.

3 hours ago, E.J.Thribb said:

Kid spat at her and was trying to resist arrest. Serves him right. 

In general terms, that is my overall view as well.

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Apprehended in connection with a recent crime, swore and shouted racial slurs before spitting on the officer. No problem at all with what she did - especially if it prevents him spitting again. 

Alternative link for those not wanting to give the Mail any clicks

https://au.news.yahoo.com/police-defend-video-of-pso-slapping-11-year-old-boy-065223853.html

As above, I have no particular problem with her actions in these particular circumstances.

As an aside, the DM link does actually show the video of the incident, which may help to put things in to context.

54 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Firstly, I did not witness the incident in question, so am unable to comment as to whether I consider the steward's reaction reasonable or not.

What I would say, however, is that it is my understanding these stewards are employed on minimum wage only, so, by extension, it is unlikely they will have received the appropriate professional training required to deal with such situations 'professionally'.

My view on the AG pitch invasion incident, however, is that the young lad probably deserved all he got and, should he have any complaints, he should direct these towards his parent(s).

Re. the Australian Police incident, my view, as a private individual, is that I would probably have reacted in a similar manner, just a simple reflex reaction to somebody spitting at me.

I have no professional training, however, and there are no doubt some on here who are trained professionally, and who might be able to add their educated and perhaps contradictory views.

For the record, I have always been amazed when I see news clips showing arrested suspects being guided gently to a Police car, with the arresting Officer placing his hand softly on the suspect's head to ensure he doesn't hurt himself getting in to the Police car.  

Personally, I suspect that were I to be in a similar position, i.e. arresting a suspected rapist/paedophile, especially if I believed him/her to be guilty, I would slam his head against the door, offering a perfunctory 'Whoops, Sorry about that mate', but then, of course, I have not received the professional training afforded to our Police force - and don't even get me started on those idiots who attack Fire and Ambulance personnel when attending emergencies.

Yep, I suppose I belong to that old fashioned faction who believe in giving such characters a fair Trial and then hanging them ?.

• Like 2

Simple announcement pre-match that the parents (or guardian) of any child running onto the pitch will be banned for the rest of this season and all of next, would end this trend immediately.

You don’t need to ban kids who are just behaving in a manner they have been taught is acceptable. The liability is with the parents.

If my son ever did it (he wouldn’t) I wouldn’t need the club to ban him anyway, I’d be banning him myself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Parents should be given a short ban and a reminder of their responsibilities, anyone who wrestled with the stewards should also be banned.

This is one of my biggest gripes here in Oz when 12/13yr olds steal cars & are caught driving around in the early hours of the morning. Where are their ****ing parents, punish the parents

11 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Was I the only one alive in the 70s? Being charged at West Ham and being hit by debris at Aldershot etc etc etc etc.

This kids on the pitch stuff all seems a bit 21st and a 1/4 century. 

I was and its much better now than it was then