IGNORED

A9 entrance disturbance

AG City

12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It identified him didn't it

The older short white male one and the female one were the ones involved. She was also screaming at fans outside when I arrived on kick off.

Utterly pointless behaviour.

That Woman steward is a real idiot. She asked me and a friend for our tickets on entrance to ground the other week. My friend is not a season ticket holder so was picking it up at the ground. Before giving him the time to answer she said if you hadn't got a ticket you're not coming in. His reply was to give her both barrels. She tries to antagonise people and because she wears an orange coat thinks she has the right to do it. Idiot !!!

Fantastic team performance and atmosphere and at the end of the day a few individuals wanted to make it about them. There were at least two kids who ran on the pitch, neither old enough to go to the football alone. So in this case the parents didn't care enough to stop the kids or raise them well enough. The handbags after doesn't happen without that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The major problem I thought the steward created was trying to keep the kid away from his dad, all the steward had to do was invite the dad to accompany his son for a "little chat" and I'm sure it could have all been dealt with much more calmly - separate a child and parent like that and you're always going to cause the kid to panic and the dad to want to protect.

If a child gets separated from his parent, blame the parent not anyone else....

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I agree!

Kids Need to stay off the pitch and the adult is responsible if they don’t!

However

I know nothing of the incident and make no judgement on the behavior of the stewarding, nevertheless if the parent makes the steward the defacto parent due to in attendance then they should behave appropriately!

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

An adult steward manhandling a child, how are you lot defending that? 

There’s no excuse for anyone of adult age to aggressively touch a child.

How else would you remove a child who isn't listening/respecting the rules from the playing surface? Ask nicely? To me it looked like he was holding onto the kid to stop him running back on. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

When a steward is actively stopping a kid from getting to his parent and his parent from getting to the kid it's not really about blame it's about understanding what is clearly going to be an emotional response.

I've already said the kid was in the wrong to go on the pitch and I wouldn't mind if the club used this as a case in point and banned them both but as is so often the case with our stewards the response was a complete overreaction and a serious escalation rather calming the situation down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pezo said:

When a steward is actively stopping a kid from getting to his parent and his parent from getting to the kid it's not really about blame it's about understanding what is clearly going to be an emotional response.

I've already said the kid was in the wrong to go on the pitch and I wouldn't mind if the club used this as a case in point and banned them both but as is so often the case with our stewards the response was a complete overreaction and a serious escalation rather calming the situation down.

Like a Bear in the wild…..stopping that little shit from getting a shirt to sleep in to keep him warm, is like stopping a cub getting his salmon….#justice4thewithywoodpoor

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

How else would you remove a child who isn't listening/respecting the rules from the playing surface? Ask nicely? To me it looked like he was holding onto the kid to stop him running back on. 

The kid wanted to get back to his parents, he was stopped by a steward who over stepped the mark. It was disgusting seeing an adult behave that way towards a child. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Steward should be sacked. Does not have the authority to manhandle a child. 

Whoever assaulted him should be banned. 

As for those outraged by a child running on the pitch, get a grip. We all used to it.

Embarrassing from all involved 

We all used to slap a bird on the ass we knew and tell risky jokes,you can’t do it nowadays so to bring out the “we all used to do it”doesn’t hold much weight anymore 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The kid wanted to get back to his parents, he was stopped by a steward who over stepped the mark. It was disgusting seeing an adult behave that way towards a child. 

Then don’t run away from your parents in the first place,we have feral children roaming the streets do we need them in a sporting environment 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, 06stanleyj said:

You shouldn't be on the pitch, simple as that. If you break the rules, accept the consequences. Too many idiots getting involved afterwards, young black steward (not meant as racist, just a description of him) came over to help his colleagues & he just got pushed & threatened by the so called "supporters ". I hope every one of you get picked out by the cctv & get banned, don't need your type in the ground.

Bullies. Needed more heavy handed security staff to come over and help out. Steward was just doing his job, don't run on the pitch begging for a shirt, simple as that.

• Like 5

Understand why the club have 0 tolerance policy on anyone getting on the pitch , but whether as a parent your in the right or wrong if someone is holding your child and not allowing you to get  him/her back your going to act aggressively!

Was it last season where every home game the kids on the pitch seemed to multiply?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It wasn’t debatable, it was way over the top. I hope the parents take action against the individuals involved. 

And also the parents get banned for allowing their children to enter a restricted area.

Then maybe incidents like this won't happen again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Wish someone had told that to the teachers back in the 70s , I was beaten to a pulp regularly! :laughcont:

My late father would have taken some action against me back in the 70’s if we had been at the football, and I had run on to the pitch.

I wouldn’t do it again, that’s for sure !

And he would have made me apologise to the steward as well !

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1