IGNORED

Ian Gay knows sod all about football part 7,432

Silvio Dante

The only reason Matty James wasn’t MOM yesterday was because the defensive unit was excellent and took the praise. But he was equally integral to the win - won the ball, was always around the play, prompting. First half especially I think it was his best game for us and he was a genuine MOM contender.

Then I open up Twitter and see this.

Genuinely, does this man know which way the pitch is?

C6B65345-139D-48FD-85E7-B1E318E31BCD.jpeg

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The only reason Matty James wasn’t MOM yesterday was because the defensive unit was excellent and took the praise. But he was equally integral to the win - won the ball, was always around the play, prompting. First half especially I think it was his best game for us and he was a genuine MOM contender.

He’s clueless, loves the sound of his own voice.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I honestly can't remember agreeing with a single word, let alone a sentence the man has written or uttered. He probably thought we were playing in yellow yesterday.

He's one of those players, ala Skuse and Cisse, where you notice when he's not there.

He's disciplined, knows the game well, cuts off passing lanes, and plays the simple passes - not as expansive as Naismith - but mentally mu h more switched on and less prone to errors,

Every team needs that 7/10 man in midfield, in the Cotts side it was Korey  - and we missed having one under LJ when Korey was out and Pack was sold.

Fact of the matter is, if you have a deep lying midfielder in a three, and the opposition struggle to play through you and fail to score, but more importantly only have one shot on target?

8/10. Every time.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

First 20 minutes he was anonymous and the game bypassed him. 70 minutes he played very well…..7/10. He wasn’t outstanding, he did his job well….but that’s his role in the side. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Haha, I wouldn’t have seen that tweet on twitter…both of them blocked me!!!  BCFCAnalysis is JonDolman.  Neither like having a debate / discussion.  That’ll be a good thread to follow!! 

15 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I don’t think he even goes to games. . . 

He was there yesterday with @Curr Avonpre-game in Kofi….I saw him.

I haven’t heard him on BBCRB post-match though for a few games.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Haha, I wouldn’t have seen that tweet on twitter…both of them blocked me!!!  BCFCAnalysis is JonDolman.  Neither like having a debate / discussion.  That’ll be a good thread to follow!! 

Oooh, it’s an analyst feud!

• Haha 12

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just for you Dave, here’s Ian’s rationale, where he expands and confirm nobody was better than 6/10 as they could do better.

Total Belter.

37909F7A-AFA0-4544-8D61-7A5BD78CBCA4.jpeg

(Ian hasn’t realised we play counter attacking football which low possession is a function of)

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I don’t think he even goes to games. . . 

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t go every game but I believe he is based in Devon at the moment.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

He lives in deep and darkest Devon 

For anyone who would like to challenge Ian, you should visit here

https://www.bristolcityforum.co.uk/

Or he could get over his strop and post on here?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vidal said:

First 20 minutes he was anonymous and the game bypassed him. 70 minutes he played very well…..7/10. He wasn’t outstanding, he did his job well….but that’s his role in the side. 

It’s the work that you don’t see that makes the difference, if you don’t notice James during the match then he’s having a good game. Reads it, sticks his foot in at the right places and  just makes it tick. He’ll never be an in your face midfielder, we’ve got Williams and Scott for that

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Because he has a different opinion to you?

He wasn't at the game was he? Just guessing. He makes an evaluation of a players performance based on ... I was going to say based on what the Bristol Post says, but I dont think it is that, he makes an evaluation of a players performance based on what he imagines they might be doing in a game. I have blocked content from him wherever possible.

19 minutes ago, Vidal said:

The first 20 minutes pretty much consisted of them overhitting passe for Pukki and Sargent to run in behind, that's why the game bypassed him.

• Like 1