IGNORED

Ian Gay knows sod all about football part 7,432

Silvio Dante

For whats is worth FBC pod is pretty good. Also listen to OSIB for more of a comedy angle. 3 Peeps not for me, far to polite and sounds like an extension of 'towing the line' BCFC media department.

With a high bullshit threshold I'm able to listen to Ian with a couple of eyebrows raised. Don't mind the guy tbh, he's giving up his time at the end of the day for the pod, just gotta look at him as being a bit of a parody himself.

Had to laugh yesterday Dave @headhunter Ian came out with the fact he'd been calling for Naismith to be moved into midfield for months, when in fact think he'd mentioned it about once, and it was you that had continually called for it most weeks. Thought you bit your tongue there, don't think I'd have been quite so polite. There in a nutshell is Ian Gay.

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

For whats is worth FBC pod is pretty good. Also listen to OSIB for more of a comedy angle. 3 Peeps not for me, far to polite and sounds like an extension of the towing the line BCFC media department.

With a high bullshit threshold I'm able to listen to Ian with a couple of eyebrows raised. Don't mind the guy tbh, he's giving up his time at the end of the day for the pod, just gotta look at him as being a bit of a parody himself.

Had to laugh yesterday Dave @headhunter Ian came out with the fact he'd been calling for Naismith to be moved into midfield for months, when in fact think he'd mentioned it about once, and it was you that had continually called for it most weeks. Thought you bit your tongue there, don't think I'd have been quite so polite. There in a nutshell is Ian Gay.

Thanks for your comments.

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Curr AvonYou need to be careful quoting me ???.  He cannot miss the Man City game for totting up yellow cards.

He could miss the Man City game should he get a red card though and the suspension of however many games cover the Man City game.

image.thumb.png.3ad93c6835bd18122f08f3afdb2f93f1.png

So, should he get a a red card on Wednesday that carries a 3 game ban, he’d miss the Man City game.

If he got a yellow card against Sunderland he would miss the Hull game, be available for Man City, then miss the next league game.

I have to ask, are people just incapable of using Google?    All this conjecture and debate about Scotty possibly missing Man City game regarding yellow cards.....it took me 30 seconds, a week ago, to ascertain that the competitions are independent of each other, which was quite patently apparent with reference to Cam missing the WBA game.  As the cliche goes..........it's not pheckin rocket science...Ha!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

For whats is worth FBC pod is pretty good. Also listen to OSIB for more of a comedy angle. 3 Peeps not for me, far to polite and sounds like an extension of 'towing the line' BCFC media department.

Forgot to add that to the list?

Just like the changes in formation. I wish i had the time to go through all of the old podcasts to write down these "i've been saying for months" comments that have come to the fore recently. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Just like the changes in formation. I wish i had the time to go through all of the old podcasts to write down these "i've been saying for months" comments that have come to the fore recently. 

He says that because he has to be right and the  ‘I’ve been saying that for months’ gives the impression that he’d seen it before anyone else………the  “I know what I’m on about” syndrome.

He can’t help it unfortunately………….:dunno:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

I'm pretty sure he was saying LWB? 

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm pretty sure he was saying LWB? 

Maybe not LWB but he's very versatile as per his Wiki profile: He can play as an out and out striker, as a winger, in midfield, and in defence as a left back or centre back. His main attributes are his ball control and versatility.

On 12/02/2023 at 13:10, headhunter said:

Ian is my mate and he can be a rude arrogant *unt but so's Piers Morgan and he has 8.3M followers on Twitter.

He talks out of his *rse quite regularly but what makes me laugh is that he's living rent free in the heads of all his critics on here. 

You should listen to this latest episode which also features the Sutton father & son duo plus Mark and Ian won't disappoint!!:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/norwich-h-the-verdict-how-long-can-we-keep-this-run-going/

Fact is we're getting 5k downloads a month for our knee jerk, under analysed comment on all matters City. Now I'm guessing we're the 3rd most popular podcast behind 3Peaps & OSIB [our downloads are visible, theirs aren't] and I'll settle for that. It's fun to do and that's all that matters to me and I don't care if people think I know jack-*hit about football either.

Well said HH! Ian's my friend too. He can be forthright, but is an excellent fan pundit who has taught me a lot over the years.

At the end of the day, we all air our different opinions, but one thing unites us, our love and passion for Bristol City FC.

Bless you all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Well said HH! Ian's my friend too. He can be forthright, but is an excellent fan pundit who has taught me a lot over the years.

At the end of the day, we all air our different opinions, but one thing unites us, our love and passion for Bristol City FC.

Bless you all.

Trouble with Ian is he doesn’t except anybody else’s opinion, he’ll keep going on until he thinks he’s won, drives me mad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BristolNorthEndRed said:

Listened to the podcast.  Enjoyed it. All the contributors seemed sensible, level headed blokes.

The chap called Ian seemed okay, no problem.  Very good, well done lads.

Maybe Ian Gay has read this thread and realised that he’s not the only one with an opinion…………:dunno:

On 12/02/2023 at 13:10, headhunter said:

Ian is my mate and he can be a rude arrogant *unt but so's Piers Morgan and he has 8.3M followers on Twitter.

He talks out of his *rse quite regularly but what makes me laugh is that he's living rent free in the heads of all his critics on here. 

You should listen to this latest episode which also features the Sutton father & son duo plus Mark and Ian won't disappoint!!:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/norwich-h-the-verdict-how-long-can-we-keep-this-run-going/

Fact is we're getting 5k downloads a month for our knee jerk, under analysed comment on all matters City. Now I'm guessing we're the 3rd most popular podcast behind 3Peaps & OSIB [our downloads are visible, theirs aren't] and I'll settle for that. It's fun to do and that's all that matters to me and I don't care if people think I know jack-*hit about football either.

I enjoy the podcast. I can’t say if Ian is right or wrong about anything. He can be opinionated and brash but oh well, it makes it interesting. I haven’t listened for a while but the mix of presenters makes it for a better discussion, a bit like MOTD or whatever, with Grahame Souness or Roy Keane. That’s why they get them on.

I’m all for knee jerk under analysed comments, more my level ?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1