IGNORED

23-24 season

22A

15 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Assuming we don’t get promoted ? which of these would you prefer facing next season?

Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United

Leeds United, Everton, AFC Bournemouth, Southampton.

Personally I'd like Southampton (got family who are Saints fans), Forest (just funny because the amount they've spent), and Palace (just as a local London club, I think it's the only ground I've not been too!)

On 13/02/2023 at 04:15, Jerseybean said:

Assuming we don’t get promoted ? which of these would you prefer facing next season?

Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United

Leeds United, Everton, AFC Bournemouth, Southampton.

I think West Ham and Everton will stay up in the Prem so we will play them next season wont we.?

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2023 at 11:50, 22A said:

OK; we're two thirds of the way through this season and assuming things will stay much the same now, let's look forward.

Coming down appears to be Soton  and B'muff. Coming up will be Plymuff. The nearest is 75 miles away, but the media will hype these up as being "local derbies".

Dropping out of the Champs appears currently to be three northern teams with Sheff W coming up to replace Huddersfield, therefore we may have less distance to travel,  

Assuming Plymouth and Wednesday come up automatically who would you prefer to win the P/Os? Likewise, who do you want leaving us foe Prem?

Of course, a fantastic run by City would make this thread irrelevant. ?

Prem:

Everton (Would be a fun trip)

Bournemouth & Southampton (Fairly local and we'd travel well there)

League 1: - (really not enthused by Sheffield Wednesday coming up so allowed myself a bit of creative license here..)

Plymouth (Likely winners anyway, fairly local, bit of a rivalry)

Wycombe (Reasonably local, not a boring Northern side that we'd take about 300 fans to in December)

Shrewsbury (Be great to see Cotterill get a team up and have him back at AG)

6 minutes ago, red panda said:

Sorry if someone's said this already - Man City to be relegated as punishment for lying, overspending, being really annoying etc

Would it be that good for the league though? They'd obviously win the league at a canter, even if their squad is asset stripped. All the discourse in the media would be about them, especially if Guardiola and a few of their big names stayed. We've played at their stadium relatively recently, (unlike Everton for example) and I think it would get very boring very quickly. Was bad enough when Leeds and Newcastle (pre money) were down here. 

I want Everton to go down.  I know several Everton fans and boy oh boy, are they an entitled bunch.  They should suffer relegation just for their opinion of Championship football, it's 'beneath them' apparently. Unfortunately I can see Dyche saving them.

I would like Bolton to come up, a resurrection story is always good to see.  Not a fan of their soulless stadium though.

Derby to stay down, due to the financial shenanigans. 

As others have posted, seeing the Shrews bounce through would be really great to see: knocking-out Ipswich on the way would be the icing on the cake. 

On 12/02/2023 at 22:03, ChippenhamRed said:

The new Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) in London makes West Ham a pretty easy away trip. Paddington to Stratford in about 20 minutes! And even though people moan about the Olympic stadium, I wouldn’t mind seeing City play there.

I know this because I took precisely this route today to watch Abba Voyage (incredible!) with my daughter - the arena is next to the stadium.

47510F0B-6D04-4568-A56F-1F31A197DFFE.jpeg

CA5D2BD4-C806-4E88-B7A9-149FAB64115F.jpeg

4FABABF1-EDC4-499B-8C11-79FC710BAA29.jpeg

2C49A26C-B6B3-40F3-B090-6AF251E07AEB.jpeg

EPL Relegation;

Everton - about time

Leeds - arrogant supporters

Bournemouth - cheats

L1 Promotion;

Sheffield Wed. - good supporters

Wycombe - would piss off Rovers

Bolton - done their time

Derby need to stay where they are for a while, same for Ipswich (MA needs to fail and get the boot).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Prem:

Everton (Would be a fun trip)

Bournemouth & Southampton (Fairly local and we'd travel well there)

League 1: - (really not enthused by Sheffield Wednesday coming up so allowed myself a bit of creative license here..)

Plymouth (Likely winners anyway, fairly local, bit of a rivalry)

Wycombe (Reasonably local, not a boring Northern side that we'd take about 300 fans to in December)

Shrewsbury (Be great to see Cotterill get a team up and have him back at AG)

If Shrewsbury come up, I'll bare my arse in Burton's shop window.

(Think I'm fairly safe there. Burtons went bust years ago)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

If Shrewsbury come up, I'll bare my arse in Burton's shop window.

(Think I'm fairly safe there. Burtons went bust years ago)

If Shrews come up, I'll be 100% delighted. Lived there for ten years and saw plenty of matches at the Gay Meadow when I wasn't driving all over the country to see City.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

EPL Relegation;

Everton - about time

Leeds - arrogant supporters

Bournemouth - cheats

L1 Promotion;

Sheffield Wed. - good supporters

Wycombe - would piss off Rovers

Bolton - done their time

Derby need to stay where they are for a while, same for Ipswich (MA needs to fail and get the boot).

Leeds in my top three of the worst fans. They are really horrible.

Along with Cardiff and Millwall