IGNORED

23-24 season

22A

OK; we're two thirds of the way through this season and assuming things will stay much the same now, let's look forward.

Coming down appears to be Soton  and B'muff. Coming up will be Plymuff. The nearest is 75 miles away, but the media will hype these up as being "local derbies".

Dropping out of the Champs appears currently to be three northern teams with Sheff W coming up to replace Huddersfield, therefore we may have less distance to travel,  

Assuming Plymouth and Wednesday come up automatically who would you prefer to win the P/Os? Likewise, who do you want leaving us foe Prem?

Of course, a fantastic run by City would make this thread irrelevant. ?

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK; we're two thirds of the way through this season and assuming things will stay much the same now, let's look forward.

Coming down appears to be Soton  and B'muff. Coming up will be Plymuff. The nearest is 75 miles away, but the media will hype these up as being "local derbies".

Dropping out of the Champs appears currently to be three northern teams with Sheff W coming up to replace Huddersfield, therefore we may have less distance to travel,  

Assuming Plymouth and Wednesday come up automatically who would you prefer to win the P/Os? Likewise, who do you want leaving us foe Prem?

Coming down, I’d guess most people’s favourite would be Everton. For me, WHU - purely because it would be a new ground.

Up: Ipswich is a bit of a double edged one! Wycombe creeping in would be another shorter away trip next season which would be nice. 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Coming down, I’d guess most people’s favourite would be Everton. For me, WHU - purely because it would be a new ground.

Up: Ipswich is a bit of a double edged one! Wycombe creeping in would be another shorter away trip next season which would be nice. 

For me I hope Ipswich spectacularly fail and, yes, it is only because of that complete and utter shithouse Mark Ashton, nothing against the club itself. The sooner that manual manipulator gets his arse kicked out of football the better, a sport at which he has hoodwinked numerous money men and literally stolen a living in my opinion. I would be more than happy with Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe coming up.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

For me I hope Ipswich spectacularly fail and, yes, it is only because of that complete and utter shithouse Mark Ashton, nothing against the club itself. The sooner that manual manipulator gets his arse kicked out of football the better, a sport at which he has hoodwinked numerous money men and literally stolen a living in my opinion. I would be more than happy with Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe coming up.

Yeah, completely with you on that. I just thought (hence the double edged sword reference) that it would be a chance to “welcome” him back to Ashton Gate, and a chance to thump his side twice ?

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Yeah, completely with you on that. I just thought (hence the double edged sword reference) that it would be a chance to “welcome” him back to Ashton Gate, and a chance to thump his side twice ?

I get where you are coming from!! My view on that is he would love the publicity and thrive on threats made to his physical safety and the like. Telling the world he doesn't feel safe to come to the Gate makes it all about him and that's all he ever wants and needs in life. People like Mark Ashton should be rendered meaningless and irrelevant (perhaps we could ask Joey if he'll do us a favour and "finish him") rather than given more oxygen.

• Like 2

It’s going to be Plymouth and Wednesday automatically, so nothing to say there. For playoffs, I want Barnsley back. Games against them always seem to be entertaining with lots of goals and we (almost) always beat them at Ashton Gate. Wouldn’t mind Bolton, but not keen on Derby, Ipswich or Wycombe. 

From the Premier League, Southampton and Everton would be great fixtures to look forward to home and away. Bournemouth deserve to go down but if them staying up would benefit us financially via the Semenyo deal then I wouldn’t mind seeing them stay up for another year. That leaves Leeds and West Ham as the only other realistic options… I hate the former but I’m fed up of playing them so let’s have the Hammers!

59 minutes ago, 22A said:

Reading your summary I’d say we’ve got more Muff to look forward to.

• Haha 4

Yes It’s looking like a it might be a decent division for us next season. Although oddly it might not include any of our nearest teams, Gas, Swindon, Cheltenham, Yeovil and maybe Cardiff.

Making Swansea the nearest at about 1 -1/2 hours, unless you live in South Devon where it’s looking like a short trip to Plymouth.

• Haha 1

As others have said it looks like Saints and Bournemouth and I think Wolves will go down too. Obviously we`re losing Blades and Burnley and travelling-wise it would be nice to lose Boro too.

Wednesday & Argyle are nailed on and I tend to agree with those who want Wycombe. It would be nice for them to get another crack at it after getting cheated last time.

Wycombe would be my first choice to come up. Failing that, Shrewsbury.

Re relegation, I hope Bournemouth get out of it as I think they would come down promotion-ready, and a trip to Bournemouth does not excite me. I really enjoy trips to Leeds so would be happy to be in the same division as them whilst Everton would obviously be an interesting change.

The new Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) in London makes West Ham a pretty easy away trip. Paddington to Stratford in about 20 minutes! And even though people moan about the Olympic stadium, I wouldn’t mind seeing City play there.

I know this because I took precisely this route today to watch Abba Voyage (incredible!) with my daughter - the arena is next to the stadium.

47510F0B-6D04-4568-A56F-1F31A197DFFE.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The new Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) in London makes West Ham a pretty easy away trip. Paddington to Stratford in about 20 minutes! And even though people moan about the Olympic stadium, I wouldn’t mind seeing City play there.

I know this because I took precisely this route today to watch Abba Voyage (incredible!) with my daughter - the arena is next to the stadium.

47510F0B-6D04-4568-A56F-1F31A197DFFE.jpeg

Wondered why there was a load of bother at Pudding Mill Lane last night, all makes sense now

13 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Assuming we don’t get promoted ? which of these would you prefer facing next season?

Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United

Leeds United, Everton, AFC Bournemouth, Southampton.

I'd like Wolves to come down and while they are still picking themselves up, we play them at Molineux and WIN FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1931.

• Like 4