IGNORED

Restricted view - Lower Lansdown Stand

pigeon

Looking at sitting in the Lansdown next Saturday and saw a couple of seats that have a restricted view warning. Assuming this is because of them being right next to the entrance (W16).

Can anyone vouch how bad the view is? If I just have to poke my head around for a corner, i'm not too bothered, but don't want to be breaking my neck to watch half the game! 

49 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Looking at sitting in the Lansdown next Saturday and saw a couple of seats that have a restricted view warning. Assuming this is because of them being right next to the entrance (W16).

Can anyone vouch how bad the view is? If I just have to poke my head around for a corner, i'm not too bothered, but don't want to be breaking my neck to watch half the game! 

If it’s the ones I’m thinking of it’s not restricted really. There is a glass in front of you which acts as a barrier to stop people falling forward.  Like Harry says, you can sit wherever as there will be plenty of seats just might be a bit higher up 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If it’s the ones I’m thinking of it’s not restricted really. There is a glass in front of you which acts as a barrier to stop people falling forward.  Like Harry says, you can sit wherever as there will be plenty of seats just might be a bit higher up 

Think this is it. We sit behind a glass barrier. Take some window lean & you’ll be fine! COYR 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, pigeon said:

Some restricted seats in lower Lansdown are due to the walls around the disabled sections. W16 for example. It means that the corner (Lansdown corner with Atyeo) is difficult to see.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Some restricted seats in lower Lansdown are due to the walls around the disabled sections. W16 for example. It means that the corner (Lansdown corner with Atyeo) is difficult to see.

I sat in one of these for the West Brom game. Just had to lean slightly forward if the ball was in the corner of the Atyeo/Lansdown.

Theres not really a bad seat in the ground.

16 hours ago, dunsteral said:

the biggest restrictions are the stewards that stand in front of you at the top of the steps.

They dont realise they are doing it until someone shouts "get out of the way" and then

they sheepishly move.   Other than that no problem.

At least the stewards move. I was yelling at the lino to get out of the way for ages on Saturday. Selfish git didn't shift for me...

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Those seats are actually underrated, probably one of the clearest views 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If I was to think of something I would want to stop me falling, a glass panel wouldn't be top of the list!

I am sure it is all well thought through. Better than canvas.

Nothings going through those glass panels, not even Joe’s wheelchair when I’ve accidentally leant across him to give him some sweets and knocked his joystick!

• Haha 3

I bought a restricted view ticket in the Dolman for the Man U game as I wasn't a member. There was some glass screens in the vicinity but nothing to block the view at all, in fact some season ticket holders sat near me said their mates just never got around to buying their season ticket seats and they were just reissued so weren't overly happy with me and a few others sat there :laugh:!

Edited by TMWANG50

On 13/02/2023 at 14:29, pigeon said:

Had season tickets in same seats other end of end of the stand.

It’s fine but you need to stand up for some of the corners, we moved as it was a bit annoying but would be fine for the odd match.