IGNORED

Ticket Checking....

MelksRed

So at the game on Wed I had to present my ticket as I entered via this crap band entrance......then at the ticket machine......then in E31 in the Dolman.....

Should only require to show it at the barrier....can someone please (genuinely) explain why it needs to be done 3 times in one visit?

Or have I just been unfortunate on this occasion? 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

So at the game on Wed I had to present my ticket as I entered via this crap band entrance......then at the ticket machine......then in E31 in the Dolman.....

Should only require to show it at the barrier....can someone please (genuinely) explain why it needs to be done 3 times in one visit?

Or have I just been unfortunate on this occasion? 

They do it every game at the Winterstoke Road entrance. Recently been a chap there shouting his mouth off directing people to walk a certain way too. 

Surely it's a public right of way and if you don't have a ticket you won't get into the Ground anyway. Just a bit annoying really

• Like 1

I can understand them checking it again in the stand before taking your seat as it prevents anyone trying their luck to find a better seat somewhere else in the ground. However I was checked at the car park entrance whilst 4 other people walked behind me without getting checked so I’m not sure why it’s done outside? 

• Like 1

I asked the 2 steward at the entrance to my seat in lower dolman why they were checking everyone’s ticket the answer i received was we have been asked to  I asked if they could elaborate and one said they were checking for fake tickets ?  No one. Could give a reasonably explanation or were prepared to tell me 

I wouldn’t mind if there was an explanation so I could understand why but to go to my seat I need to show my season ticket go to toilet come have to show my ticket it get to ruin the whole experience 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The check outside the ground makes no sense whatsoever, there MAY be a case for them not wanting away fans getting to the fans village area, but as far as I can see away fans are welcome there! (This would also explain why there are no checks at the Dolman Ashton Road entrance)

Maybe it's some sort of weird rule that the SAG have insisted on and the cliub have no choice about? They certainly don't enforce it very thouroughly.

Checks inside the ground there is at least a justification for, as occupying somewhere other than your seat for whatever reason is fairly common and whilst it isn't always disruptive, it does have the potential to be.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, petelekg said:

I asked the 2 steward at the entrance to my seat in lower dolman why they were checking everyone’s ticket the answer i received was we have been asked to  I asked if they could elaborate and one said they were checking for fake tickets ?  No one. Could give a reasonably explanation or were prepared to tell me 

I wouldn’t mind if there was an explanation so I could understand why but to go to my seat I need to show my season ticket go to toilet come have to show my ticket it get to ruin the whole experience 

That will be because when the ultras decided to move to Dolman A block a few matches back, they were being told online to photocopy or screenshot tickets for that area to try and show they were entitled to be there.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, petelekg said:

If having to flash your ticket ruins the whole experience for you then I'd possibly suggest that you're a little too sensitive!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, 2015 said:

They do it every game at the Winterstoke Road entrance. Recently been a chap there shouting his mouth off directing people to walk a certain way too. 

Surely it's a public right of way and if you don't have a ticket you won't get into the Ground anyway. Just a bit annoying really

Wondered what happened to Steve Tyler !

• Like 2

To be honest I have no problem on showing it when I climb the stairs into the ground as they are doing their job and making sure you are in the right area. However I do refuse to show it at the Raynes Road entrance as there is absolutely no need to show it there. People may not even if have ticket if they are collecting it or paying on the day

• Like 3

Is it possible that the club are required to stop ticketless fans getting access to the Fans Village (or Fanzone or whatever they call it) because they would be required to provide accessible toilets if they didn't? If everyone in there has a ticket, then toilets are available on the concourse.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

22 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Those of us in the “singing section/section 82/whatever you want to call it” have been having to show our tickets every time we go in and out of that area for years. 

That's not what the query was in opening post.

Why do we need to show tickets in the carpark at Winterstoke Road end?

The place for checking tickets is at entry gates and the stairs to each block.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Those of us in the “singing section/section 82/whatever you want to call it” have been having to show our tickets every time we go in and out of that area for years. 

Quite right too. I think they should also have ticket inspectors walking along each row muttering 'tickets please' like you get on trains. Once each half ?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Big C said:

People may not even if have ticket if they are collecting it or paying on the day

It's like something from a Franz Kafka novel.

You can buy a ticket from the ticket office but you must first show a ticket that you haven't yet got in order to reach the ticket office and buy a ticket that you then  don't need because you've already had to get one in order to buy one that you can't buy because you haven't got one.

Clear?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

That's not what the query was in opening post.

They did mention about having to show it when they got to their block in the Dolman as well

• Like 1

I think the ticket checks as you approach the ground are to keep ticketless fans away from the stadium.

After all, the doors and gates are opened before half time which would allow anyone to enter the stadium from then on.

At the barriers is obvious and as already mentioned there are people openly admitting on here they often sit in a seat more expensive than they’ve paid for, so you can’t really blame them for trying to stop that.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I was told the walkway round the stadium is a public right of way when matches are not on and the stadium has no liability for this. When matches are on, the stadium is judged to have full liability for personal injury, trips falls etc.

Ticket holders are covered by the stadiums public liability insurance, non ticket holders are not.

It's another sorry side effect of the 'where there is blame, there is a claim' culture.

• Like 3