IGNORED

Ticket Checking....

MelksRed

The ticket checking doesn't irritate me.  They seem to have abandoned doing it on the Raynes Road gate.

Having to be patted down was much more annoying. Led to crowds building up outside the ground, which was much more dangerous than any threat the stewards were trying half-heartedly to detect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

The check outside the ground makes no sense whatsoever, there MAY be a case for them not wanting away fans getting to the fans village area, but as far as I can see away fans are welcome there! (This would also explain why there are no checks at the Dolman Ashton Road entrance)

Maybe it's some sort of weird rule that the SAG have insisted on and the cliub have no choice about? They certainly don't enforce it very thouroughly.

Checks inside the ground there is at least a justification for, as occupying somewhere other than your seat for whatever reason is fairly common and whilst it isn't always disruptive, it does have the potential to be.

Don’t think it’s an away fans thing as every time I’ve been checked I’ve been wearing a city scarf

Not a hooligan thing either cos I’ve always been with my 4 year old daughter 

it’s all a bit strange 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I can understand them checking it again in the stand before taking your seat as it prevents anyone trying their luck to find a better seat somewhere else in the ground. However I was checked at the car park entrance whilst 4 other people walked behind me without getting checked so I’m not sure why it’s done outside? 

i always ignore them or point to the tick office , i have season ticket , been like all season 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

The ticket checking doesn't irritate me.  They seem to have abandoned doing it on the Raynes Road gate.

He was there on Saturday, I don’t know about Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

i always ignore them or point to the tick office , i have season ticket , been like all season 

I have wondered what the response would be if I just carried on walking? Clearly not a lot.

I suspect that the ticket checking outside the ground is a token gesture to provide a visible security presence to discourage any would be terrorist from entering the crowded area.  They could of course buy a ticket beforehand and it's easy to slip by without being checked.  But there is a visible deterrent.  Must work as it encouraged Red-Robbo to leave his belt at home.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NickNick58 said:

I suspect that the ticket checking outside the ground is a token gesture to provide a visible security presence to discourage any would be terrorist from entering the crowded area.  They could of course buy a ticket beforehand and it's easy to slip by without being checked.  But there is a visible deterrent.  Must work as it encouraged Red-Robbo to leave his belt at home.

Well, the standard of football has improved since Christmas, so maybe I'll stay on this earthly firmament a bit longer.  A few more wins and I might disassemble it!  :laughcont:

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I was told the walkway round the stadium is a public right of way when matches are not on and the stadium has no liability for this. When matches are on, the stadium is judged to have full liability for personal injury, trips falls etc.

Ticket holders are covered by the stadiums public liability insurance, non ticket holders are not.

It's another sorry side effect of the 'where there is blame, there is a claim' culture.

The only PROW near the stadium is from the Winterstoke Road roundabout to Raynes Road. 

Screenshot_20230217-142226.png

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Don’t think it’s an away fans thing as every time I’ve been checked I’ve been wearing a city scarf

Not a hooligan thing either cos I’ve always been with my 4 year old daughter 

it’s all a bit strange 

Well I'm sorry, but if she will go around flicking a switchblade open and shut whilst wearing a "**** the police" tee-shirt, then you should expect to be checked once in a while!

• Haha 1

You should be able to walk the outer perimeter of ground without any steward asking to see your ticket , if you wanted to use the sports bar / visit club shop or just meet a mate at fans village for a pint then you DO NOT NEED A TICKET , obviously you cannot enter ground without one and I have no problem showing it again entering my section for seating 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

You should be able to walk the outer perimeter of ground without any steward asking to see your ticket , if you wanted to use the sports bar / visit club shop or just meet a mate at fans village for a pint then you DO NOT NEED A TICKET , obviously you cannot enter ground without one and I have no problem showing it again entering my section for seating 

Exactly my point earlier, totally agree

18 hours ago, MelksRed said:

So at the game on Wed I had to present my ticket as I entered via this crap band entrance......then at the ticket machine......then in E31 in the Dolman.....

Should only require to show it at the barrier....can someone please (genuinely) explain why it needs to be done 3 times in one visit?

Or have I just been unfortunate on this occasion? 

Happens all the time now mate gives the yellow vests something to do .

They never look at them on Winterstoke road entrance. I just look like I’m about to get my ST out my pocket and they wave me through without actually seeing my ST. 
Was funny though on Wednesday my son in law went with me as wife couldn’t make it and I went for vape before going into the stands. I came up the stairs about 5 minutes after he said he was going in to see him stood there refused entry. He gave me the ST back as we went through turnstiles so never had anything to show the steward. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

My guess - and I could be wrong - is that at every game there are a small but significant number of people (perhaps as many as 2 or 3, 000) who don't come often, genuinely don't know where they are going and are quite confused. Hence checking early (but as @RedorDead BCFCimplies, not necessarily really checking once they see someone knows where they are going) and again once in the ground because it cuts down on admin and staff time to control when and where stewards explain to confused fans where they are going rather than having the stadium clogged up by confused people wandering in circles and getting in everyone's way. (Insert joke about our midfield under Lee Johnson)

10 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I was told the walkway round the stadium is a public right of way when matches are not on and the stadium has no liability for this. When matches are on, the stadium is judged to have full liability for personal injury, trips falls etc.

Ticket holders are covered by the stadiums public liability insurance, non ticket holders are not.

It's another sorry side effect of the 'where there is blame, there is a claim' culture.

Makes sense, thanks.