Who’s next on the rank…

Davefevs

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

…if Rob is out for a while?

Jamie Knight-Lebel?

Josh Campbell-Slowey?

or if double-barrel names, how about…

Duncan Idehen-Reprieve?

The squad is definitely going to be tested over the next month.

I know we tried to sign a centre back in January. But I think we're light in midfield as well, especially with JW and AS one booking away from a ban. Can't see the rationale behind the signing of Harry Cornick in January over a midfield player (with money quite tight). Perhaps we were trying. Anyway, it's left our squad strangely lop-sided. With Mehemti and Cornick cup-tied, the bench is going to be interesting for Man City.

(Btw - good old Gavin Ward - always said he was a top referee.)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

…if Rob is out for a while?

Jamie Knight-Lebel?

Josh Campbell-Slowey?

or if double-barrel names, how about…

Duncan Idehen-Reprieve?

J K-L seems to be the most likely candidate for the squad player on the bench but, if we get more injuries and need a centre-back to start, there is an argument for Idehen in that he has played first team football for us before and did okay. Obviously I have no idea if the rumours around his attitude are true or how far his form has dropped over the last year. At least Williams, whilst not having his best game today, is doing enough to mean we can have Naismith back in defence once fit too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

They tried to sign a midfield player? Do you know that for a fact?

Depends what you mean by tried, and I never said they did.  I know for a 'fact' that the club is always in the market for what the club considers to be a player with potential at the right price.  I also know for a 'fact' that several midfielders were considered or suggested by agents etc.  It is also clear that the FFP position has been well and truly sorted (even without Semenyo's sale).  Therefore the purchases of Cornick and Mehmeti didn't stop other targets being signed, if they were available at the right price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1