IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

1 hour ago, TomF said:

nope. Nothing to see here.

I actually popped down to shops when 5 down so you can thank me.. 

I went to get my dinner at that point, safe in the knowledge that at least I was about to win £20 by Notts winning the match

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

That mightn't do Somerset any harm after a good few of the group matches were a procession. 

This. Get our inevitable lacklustre performance out of the way and back to being steamroller Somerset for Finals Day. With the season we`ve had there was always going to be a game where it didn`t all come together at some point.

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. Get our inevitable lacklustre performance out of the way and back to being steamroller Somerset for Finals Day. With the season we`ve had there was always going to be a game where it didn`t all come together at some point.

I'd say our semi final opponent's Surrey are the next best team with Essex the weakest of the 4. 

So Essex should be where you put your money.

Our win at the Oval last week was a masterclass against a very good team, whether it'll mean anything next Saturday, who knows. 

18 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I'd say our semi final opponent's Surrey are the next best team with Essex the weakest of the 4. 

So Essex should be where you put your money.

Our win at the Oval last week was a masterclass against a very good team, whether it'll mean anything next Saturday, who knows. 

I still think we will regret beating Kent and letting Essex qualify - it will come back to bite us.

It was rather comforting, satisfying even, that we still won, despite failures by three of our Toms and Will Smeed.

To be fair to Tom Abell and Will Smeed, I suppose their ‘failures’ should be better described as being by their own very high standards.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

3 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is the finals day at Edgbaston this year, why not Lords?

It’s always edgbaston, however it used to be a trade off for not having a test match…. It’s ideal location, capable of having 4 changing rooms. Lords would be an awful ground for finals day, if it was in London it would be the oval, Trent bridge used to be fun for finals day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

The gamble of buying finals tickets and booking accommodation a couple of months ago paid off?

Only downside was i've been working away this past week and didn't think i'd be back in time so gave my tickets to some friends. I was home by lunchtime yesterday?

Never in doubt last night?

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

Great night's cricket, always back us in any scenario 

20230707_203810.jpg

See my post above, I'd been watching your Twitter post re the ticket, when I found out I was going to be home in time I went onto Twitter to message you and the bloke had literally posted 2mins before I logged back on?