IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

24 minutes ago, TomF said:

Decent signing but still think could do with another quality batsman - even more so if Abell features more for England 

I think the batting certainly needs strengthening, especially higher up the order.

I am not sure that TA will feature much for England this season, in red or white ball, although I suppose he may be considered for the latter if he is able to avoid (another) injury.

23 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think the batting certainly needs strengthening, especially higher up the order.

I am not sure that TA will feature much for England this season, in red or white ball, although I suppose he may be considered for the latter if he is able to avoid (another) injury.

Abell won't play for England this summer, he got in the white ball squad on the basis England's squad is split between the NZ tour and the Bangladesh tour, in England I imagine we won't have a split squad.

14 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

That will get him ready for the Ashes

The ECB have well and truly screwed over Somerset in recent years with players being taken away from important matches to sit around and carry drinks, plus of course the bloody 100 which means next to no cricket at Taunton in the school holidays.

I'm more than happy for Somerset to sign Bancroft if it pisses off the right people and helps deliver that elusive county championship.

New season eve. Not quite as excited as I should be as it’s been raining most of the day here, not sure about Taunton and the ground staff could really have done with today in preparation.

Anyway, not sure if we’ll start on time but at least it should be dry tomorrow. I quite like the look of the squad and weather allowing I’m hopeful of starting with a win.

I’ll only be there on day one. Stoke away on Friday, Man Utd v Everton on Saturday, rest day Sunday then I may go for a couple hours on Monday if it’s looking interesting followed by City v Boro………..M5 holiday traffic allowing.

Good luck to all cricket fans and players for the new season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

New season eve. Not quite as excited as I should be as it’s been raining most of the day here, not sure about Taunton and the ground staff could really have done with today in preparation.

Anyway, not sure if we’ll start on time but at least it should be dry tomorrow. I quite like the look of the squad and weather allowing I’m hopeful of starting with a win.

I’ll only be there on day one. Stoke away on Friday, Man Utd v Everton on Saturday, rest day Sunday then I may go for a couple hours on Monday if it’s looking interesting followed by City v Boro………..M5 holiday traffic allowing.

I was in Taunton earlier - chucking it down about 1ish.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I was in Taunton earlier - chucking it down about 1ish.

They needed every dry day after last week to prepare a decent pitch. I haven’t heard a thing about it yet but would be surprised to see a prompt start. It’s going to be a bit cold to be sat around as it is.

Never mind I’m sure it’ll be fine in August when we’ll be able to watch the seconds play a couple of 50 over games

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

There doesn’t seem to be an edit button on this thread. I’ve just realised while wondering if I could fit in a few hours on Monday as the football is a later kick off time that it finishes on Sunday. Already getting the days mixed up.

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Disappointing start to the weekend and season.

Is it going to be one of those awful frustrating damp summer’s.

As this is the season where points for a draw has fallen from 8 to 5 it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Had no idea of this. Is this trying to encourage teams to go for a win?