IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

We’re missing Overton! I know that’s a strange thing to say as he’s played in both games.

He hasn’t looked quite right in either though. Bowled over 50 overs and taken 2 wickets.

This morning he bowled the first over, I think it was finishing off from 1 ball he bowled last night and he looked like an old man out there hobbling along, anyone know what the problem is? 

We also rely on Craig O’s runs. A rare pair in this match, today’s dismissal he wasn’t at all happy with for some reason.

Lets hope he’s back to normal soon, I’m sure he will be. If he doesn’t get any England call ups, though I’m sure they’ll manage to squeeze him in to some Lions team or similar, he’s a massive player to have available for every game. 

So into the relegation zone as we were this time last year. Then we rallied and had a few decent wins to get us out of trouble.

The form of the top order batters and the concern over the fitness of Overton and Davey will need to be addressed before we go again v Lancs on Thursday 

3 hours ago, Super said:

Glos 24-5

45-7

Thank goodness for Tom Price, that was shocking. @slartibartfastsaid the other week we need to win some tosses to avoid the first day blues, well we won this one and chose to "bat" (the inverted commas are deliberate.) :(

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep - apparently in 72 & 79

Yes it would have been 79, my uncle used to take me regularly and he knew the players so I was sat on the players balcony for the 3 days.

Proc was my hero like a lot of Glos fans, I saw him take 4 wickets in 5 balls on two occasions, one in the semi final of the Gillette Cup at Hampshire's old ground. I also saw him score 154 not out in an innings and the 3rd 50 came off 14 balls, it was like Bazball 45 years early. :)

I also went with him to Bath to watch Glos Somerset, when Zaheer Abbas came in at 4-1 and proceeded to score 215no in the day. My brother phoned me that evening and asked what it was like and I remember saying, "I know it sounds daft, but he didn't really get going until he had 130" :)

I loved the cricket in those days most of all, you could see international players playing at Brislington or Long Ashton the same weekend they would play for their country.

Edited by Port Said Red

I saw Proctor score a not much talked about six consecutive sixes off Denis Breakwell at Taunton.

The reason it isn’t talked about as much as others was because it spanned two overs, the final 2 balls of Breakwell’s over followed by the first four of his next over all sailed over the boundary.

He was some cricketer.