IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

6 hours ago, Super said:

Why do we keep going back to him?!

The thing that annoys me with Davies is he’s been overweight for the last season and this.

He’s a professional sportsman and can’t turn up at a fighting weight and it’s showing in his performances

Well with ten overs to go this is a good effort. From losing the toss and both openers quickly it’s a very good come back and we’ll done George.

If the tail can wag and our very promising looking attack can all fire we’ll be in with a chance of a first win.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Dare I say it but our batting line up with TKC and Rew in is definitely strengthened.. Kasey is also looking promising all rounder - its just the openers that seem to fail.  We actually have more batting bonus points that most other sides. 

If anything we seem a tad weaker on the bowling front that previous seasons. 

We need MDL back ?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TomF said:

Dare I say it but our batting line up with TKC and Rew in is definitely strengthened.. Kasey is also looking promising all rounder - its just the openers that seem to fail.  We actually have more batting bonus points that most other sides. 

If anything we seem a tad weaker on the bowling front that previous seasons. 

Agree though I think the bowling attack in this game is pretty good. You could make a case for swapping an ageing Siddle with an inform Davey but at the moment Siddle has still got enough up his sleeve while Davey finds form elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Am actually surprised, given time in game.. maybe the conditions tho as it’s defo muggy today 

I saw Murtagh signal to the pavilion that they were batting and was surprised.

Hope it goes well from now on as it’ll encourage Abell in the future

On 18/05/2023 at 18:42, ralphindevon said:

The thing that annoys me with Davies is he’s been overweight for the last season and this.

He’s a professional sportsman and can’t turn up at a fighting weight and it’s showing in his performances

I agree, although he has performed well (behind the wicket, rather in front) in this match - that is his fourth catch.

• Like 1