IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I only saw Mike Proctor live a few times, against Somerset, but I do recall watching him on TV in the Gillette Cup against Lancashire.

What a game, finished in almost darkness.

Poor old Dickie Bird, he would have had a heart attack.

What was weird was that one of the Procky "doubles" was a hat trick of LBWs whilst TP's was a hat trick of caught behinds !

15 hours ago, TomF said:

Same match. Not sure if it’s been done same day.. that is a question for the stattos

The Proctor one I saw was definitely on consecutive days, my memory is terrible for these things but I know I only attended the first two days, I think the 3rd day was on the Monday after a 40 over game on the Sunday.

22 minutes ago, TomF said:

If they lose this then heads need to roll 

I’m very disappointed with Bancroft, an expensive overseas signing for just a few matches who has produced very little.

Dickson, I can understand as nothing too much was really expected of him immediately and, of course, TL is still young and, in reality, a one day player trying to make a career in red ball cricket.

At least he is giving it a go, unlike Will Smeed.

Still, Captain Tom in now, trying to save the game with one of our other new signings.

Well despite the rain in this continually disappointing summer a really good game is emerging from the clouds at Taunton.

We just need Craig to finally click into his usual brilliant mode and a very much needed win can be secured tomorrow. He’s just opening the bowling in Northants 2nd innings as I write.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Well despite the rain in this continually disappointing summer a really good game is emerging from the clouds at Taunton.

We just need Craig to finally click into his usual brilliant mode and a very much needed win can be secured tomorrow. He’s just opening the bowling in Northants 2nd innings as I write.

Sounds like something you'd read on Slagchat !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Afraid his bowling was more of this seasons Craig. 

Took an unbelievable catch at legslip though.

Edited by bearded_red

10 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Afraid his bowling was more of this seasons Craig. 

Took an unbelievable catch at legslip though.

Yeah I’m not sure what’s gone wrong.

This time last year or the last few years come to that, he’s taken 20 odd wickets in his first 3 games.

This year we’re into the last innings of his 3rd game and he’s taken 3.

Those missing wickets are huge for Somerset and would certainly have us a good few places higher. We rely on him so/too much.