IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Draw must be favourite on this pitch.

Nice for Somerset to have a bit of luck with Anderson out injured but I guess playing a 40 years old quick bowler for I think his 4th game this season is always a gamble. Just hope he’s ok. 

Lancs have no game next week, otherwise I think the ECB would have pulled him out of this one and then let him play next week.

Just one of those things, sadly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A poor advert for a tournament that we're meant to be trying to protect.

Agree, a draw was always the most likely outcome today but things could have been handled differently to at least give the crowd some proper cricket.

I get they were protecting the bowlers but Lancs played more than half the game wifhout Anderson. A déclaration around 2-2.30 would have at least added some interest 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TomF said:

They approached them at tea yesterday apparently so wanted to set it up for today 

Yes Gibbo tweeted “last evening “ but someone else suggested it may have been tea which would make more sense but would still have taken some engineering.

56 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

If true that Craig may not have been in great shape then I'm assuming Somerset didn't want to wear out their bowlers with minimal chance of a result, gave Rew and Aldridge a chance in the middle as well

I get the reasons……just. But this is a competition that gets a lot of stick with people trying to completely change it. We can’t afford to have paying customers turn up for a day’s cricket like that and not bother coming back.

At the start of the season Hurry and Ker we’re talking all things Bazball, today suggests anything but that approach. They could have erred well on the side of caution but still made Lancs have a nervy bat. 

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Josh Davey to Join Leicestershire on loan.

That’s good, hopefully he’ll get back his form. A very important player for us with the ball and his useful runs. He hasn’t hit the groove yet this season and now we’ve got Henry he’s unlikely to get a start just now. 

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not great no but he's done better there than Dickinson and Davies.  I don't know the solution - I wonder if Rew could do it.. i mean if could he'd be in the England Squad by the winter..

Wouldn't be touching Rew, let him do what he's doing. Wonder if someone like Goldsworthy could do it? Sneak an extra bowling option in there too, probably in the side soon with Leach on international duty.

Edited by Lrrr