IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

Speaking of bowlers, that Tom Lawes at Surrey is looking hot property. Looks like he can do it all, bat, bowl, field and just took 8 wickets in their victory over Kent.

The worse thing that could happen now would be the England coaches getting their hands on him, he’d be broken within weeks.

Worth pointing out that unfortunately this week will be the only time Somerset are able to field that bowling attack, as by the time Leachy is likely to be next available Henry and Siddle will have flown home.

Hopefully the current England bowlers dropping like flies wont end up with Craig having to go and carry drinks for England.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Worth pointing out that unfortunately this week will be the only time Somerset are able to field that bowling attack, as by the time Leachy is likely to be next available Henry and Siddle will have flown home.

Hopefully the current England bowlers dropping like flies wont end up with Craig having to go and carry drinks for England.

Yes, it’ll be good to have Leach available for the September games on worn pitches, presuming he doesn’t need to take a break like last year because of his Chrones.

But I’m not sure if we’ll have an overseas player for those games. Overton not being fully fit has helped keep him off the England selectors minds but he has shown signs of coming back strong recently, including yesterday and as you say numerous injuries for other England players could see him back in favour. Which if it’s just as twelfth man would be hugely disappointing for us. 

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At least Glos are making more of a game of it now, such a shame they wasted a couple of those wickets yesterday, 147 required with 5 wickets remaining would have looked more doable.

Oh well, looks like Durham decided they wanted to get home early. :)

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I remember (quite recently) when we used to laugh at the likes of Glamorgan  and Leicestershire, now it appears we are the whipping boys !

Something seems wrong, on paper we should be able compete even without Van Buuren and the Prices playing. I don't know if it's the coaching or the Captaincy or something going on behind the scenes but there seems to be a lot of players out of sorts.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Flames 1

Not been up the County ground for a few years, but Glos hardly make it a tempting proposition. I think I'll try and get up for Day 1 or 2 of a game, before they've lost.
I think I'll start nipping up and watch Downend to ease my way back in, benefit being I can have a few beers and walk home.