IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

We’re just too good at the moment………which means we’ve no chance of lifting the trophy because that’s how T20 works.

The Curran brothers both batting at the lofty positions of 3 and 4 and both out for ducks in consecutive balls made me laugh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’ll finish top of our group and get battered by 4th place northern side who scrapped into the QFs with final round win.  Peak Somerset 

Exactly. There’s talk about having 2 T20 divisions with promotions and relegations. I can’t help but think this would suit us down to the ground. Though it’s bound to finish with some kind of final to decide who are champions, like they do in rugby. 

Picked a good one to go down and watch at Taunton, agree with what people said about it just being too easy, such a complete team at the moment. Kohler-Cadmore just so easy in what he does, nothing extravagant just executes it well.

also I went to the toilet at the start of Green’s last over to try and beat the rush before the 20 over finish ?

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe they should play a batter rather than Overton who can’t bowl and bats at 9 then! 

I’m just happy seeing them lose but TBF since he left us he’s had some great knocks for Surrey coming in at 7. In his first season his batting was way better than his bowling.

strange him coming in at 9 tonight though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

He seems out of form this season so far.   Mad to think they’re 29 now. Doesn’t seem that long ago when they burst on scene 

Crikey I hadn’t realised they were 29 but yes it was 11 years ago I think when they made their debut.

Hopefully Jamie can get back bowling. He was doing well before his injury and had a test cap of course where he almost scored a century 

• Admin

I was too drunk to type this last night, the plans to knock down the Botham stand this winter have been put on hold 

Instead the Ondante stand and area will be next to be rebuilt 

Somerset are looking to build a hotel in the firepool area and then invest in that area