IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

12 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

O'Neills are a GAA supplier. I didn't know they'd started supplying football kits but their GAA stuff is quality. I have jerseys from almost 20 years ago which are still in great condition.

Don't mind them calling it soccer. As View from the Dolman says, we have our own football code. Soccer is an English term anyway, not an Americanism.

Second this, their quality has always been excellent for GAA.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

At the start of 1988/89 the player issue shirts had black Hirerite on it (the same as the replicas) - I think (and I might be wrong), that the white Hirerite logo appeared from the Forest televised cup tie onwards (maybe it was deemed easier to see than black on national TV?)

Bristol City Shirt on Twitter: "Carl Shutt & Rob Newman against Preston  as Russell Bromage scores for City in a 1-1 draw in September 1988  https://t.co/y5LA4VOZ06" / Twitter

I loved Steve Bruce ??

• Like 1

Hoping they stay unbeaten tomorrow or the new kit will be blamed. In principle I don't really like pinstripes but think they have done quite a good job on the design, I think it looks better than the Bristol Sport one a few years back. Liking the sound of a yellow and green away kit too.

Personally I think it's better to have a smaller brand where you have more freedom on the designs, makes sense for JL too if it's true he likes quite a bit of input on designs, and I guess if we are one of O'Neills biggest customers then in theory we should get a bit more respect than what was given by Hummel. Interesting how we have gone this way mid season and Coventry have signed up for longer with Hummel, things seem more laid back at that club might explain Kasey Palmer seems to be settling ok up there. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Not an aspirational Brand by any stretch, but the launch video implies all made in UK. If so the club should be applauded for supporting UK manufacturing.

Might have had an impact on the decision. 
Any imports have been made massively more difficult from Europe so using someone from the UK would make sense. Even though thanks to everything even that isn't easy.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I think Pink shirts always sell well, as do the multicolour ones, so it's a decent financial decision. I haven't bought a kit in years but am seriously considering the feathers goalkeeper kit.

I only bought the pink training kit this year as I didn't like any of the shirts. Now I want both of these keepers shirts. I'm also wondering what the training wear and second and third kits will be like.

Surely we will have a kit clash away before the end of the season and so will have to reveal the alternative as we can't wear the current ones.

Worth considering... If your U12 has a ST. They're going to want the new kit now but you only get the new kit with your ST at the start of next season. Nice and awkward for parents.

Just now, RedM said:

I only bought the pink training kit this year as I didn't like any of the shirts. Now I want both of these keepers shirts. I'm also wondering what the training wear and second and third kits will be like.

Surely we will have a kit clash away before the end of the season and so will have to reveal the alternative as we can't wear the current ones.

JL already said the away would be shown in the next few weeks.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedM said:

JL said we will have an alternative strip for when we need it in three weeks time

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Worth considering... If your U12 has a ST. They're going to want the new kit now but you only get the new kit with your ST at the start of next season. Nice and awkward for parents.

JL already said the away would be shown in the next few weeks.

I haven't read that it is going to be sold this season, just that the players are wearing it from now on. Have I missed something or are people just assuming it's launched so will be on sale imminently? Yes it would make sense to sell and get £££, but has anything actually been stated?

Edit: The info might be in Jon's interview which I will admit I've not watched yet, which explains my questions about other kits.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I haven't read that it is going to be sold this season, just that the players are wearing it from now on. Have I missed something or are people just assuming it's launched so will be on sale imminently? Yes it would make sense to sell and get £££, but has anything actually been stated?

Got the impression that it’ll be a while before there’s enough stock to sell.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Edit: The info might be in Jon's interview which I will admit I've not watched yet, which explains my questions about other kits.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Got the impression that it’ll be a while before there’s enough stock to sell.

Before the end of the season according to this

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-are-back-in-stripes/

• Thanks 1

On 23/02/2023 at 20:48, Bcfcshags said:

O’Neills, rugby brand (guess they will sponsor the bears too) Wycombe’s sponsor this season. 

O'Neill's have supplied kits to Wycombe since 2016.

I wonder if the Phil Alexander connection with Wycombe had something to do with going with O'Neill's, instead of another company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I like it other than the sponsor not being embroidered or stuck on. That detailing makes it look a bit like a fake from a Spanish cornershop 

But the design is mint and the keepers kits are lush. If we pull off a decent yellow and green away kit then mores the better! 

From the perspective of a colourblind fan a yellow/bright green away kit would be excellent.

Block red home, fluoro yellow/green away, and then do whatever you want with the 3rd kit. Should mean we can have a good kit clash with almost anyone else.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

O'Neill's have supplied kits to Wycombe since 2016.

I wonder if the Phil Alexander connection with Wycombe had something to do with going with O'Neill's, instead of another company.

Possibly, but surely he only started a couple of weeks ago and the supply issues then the distribution problems were clear from earlier in the season. I can't believe this hasn't been on the cards for months? Can you really design and manufacture kits in only a few weeks?

Interesting question

Is it better for us to have a decent named brand and have a template kit but potentially better more desirable training/leisurewear that people will want to buy

or

A smaller company who will give JL more scope to design us something individual (whether or not this is something he should be doing as chairman is for another day) and maybe sell more actual replica shirts?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I don’t wear replica shirts these days; I leave that to the kids. But what chairman gets involved with kit designs? JL makes us look tinpot IMO. Radio silence from him on the issues that matter, but don’t worry he’s been locked away with his crayons again. Leave it to the professionals, Jon.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 3