IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did the club discuss any of this with SCAT or are they kept in the dark about yet another identity change?

I don’t understand why they don’t consult with fans on the design before they launch. If they want to maximise profit they need to sell something fans want to buy. Already from the comments here after just a few minutes, the consensus appears to be that we don’t like the badge, the design is meh and the colour is weirdly pale. Change all that and they’d sell more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We dumped Holly Willoughby and ended up with Anne Widdecombe.

644F2254-1510-4B70-8A7D-73D9146B5FAC.jpeg

I personally never liked this shirt, and still struggle to see the appeal of it. To me, this kit was bland and uninspiring.

But I have to agree with comments already made in this thread that the new third shirt looks washed out, and the badge is a bit of a farse.

What does annoy me a little (not so much in this thread, but elsewhere on the forum) is that some people seemed to have made their mind up on O’Neills purely because they’re an Irish/Gaelic supplier, which I think is unfair. As someone who’s dabbled in the Gaelic sports, O’Neills gear has never let me down and certainly is (in my experience) better than TFG. I think that comparison is a bit harsh tbh.

That being said, it doesn’t matter too much. Since I have this collection of classics to wear anyway ;) 

0C126B30-ED01-45E6-88C2-73B98D344861.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I personally never liked this shirt, and still struggle to see the appeal of it. To me, this kit was bland and uninspiring.

But I have to agree with comments already made in this thread that the new third shirt looks washed out, and the badge is a bit of a farse.

What does annoy me a little (not so much in this thread, but elsewhere on the forum) is that some people seemed to have made their mind up on O’Neills purely because they’re an Irish/Gaelic supplier, which I think is unfair. As someone who’s dabbled in the Gaelic sports, O’Neills gear has never let me down and certainly is (in my experience) better than TFG. I think that comparison is a bit harsh tbh.

That being said, it doesn’t matter too much. Since I have this collection of classics to wear anyway ;) 

0C126B30-ED01-45E6-88C2-73B98D344861.jpeg

Absolute belters in there. Middle, thorn security, will always be my fave. What a time to be alive.

Think the new kit looks like:

images (7).jpeg

Edited by Lordofthebling
  • Like 2

So the FA website says this:

‘Under the new rules, if a club wishes to make a material change to its club crest, or change its recognised home shirt colours, it must undertake a thorough and extensive consultation process with supporters. 

A club must also be able to evidence that a majority of its supporters are in favour of any proposed changes (such as via an independently-run poll of season ticket holders, the club’s Community Benefit Society, and supporters that have attended a certain number of home matches).’

Have we got round this on a technicality by having the badge on the back? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry but they’re still doing nothing to convince me this isn’t a massive step backwards from Hummel in terms of quality. The utterly uninspiring design, the fit, the washed-out colour, the horrendous badge…TFG vibes for me.

….compared to the Hummel Robin top…good grief.

And yes I know Hummel let us down…but that doesn’t change the fact that everything looks cheap by comparison.

Based on what I’ve seen, I wish we’d done what Coventry did and resolved the supply issue with Hummel.

I think if we hadn't played Man City in the cup then we would still be with Hummel. I'm guessing obviously but I don't think Hummel could supply the kit with the extra sponsors on for the cup game so were rapidly dropped. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, freezer said:

Think someone has just found a stock photo of a Robin in flight and went with it. 

Shame the all important colouration isn't present though. 

IMG_20230313_195902.jpg

Jesus ******* Christ. That's proper lazy and ******* cheap. Some ***** knocked that up in 5 minutes

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Like 1

Great spot, that is embarrassing for the club. Not much better than Jon Lansdown booting up an old Windows 98 computer and seeing what's on the clipart.     

56 minutes ago, freezer said:

Think someone has just found a stock photo of a Robin in flight and went with it. 

Shame the all important colouration isn't present though. 

IMG_20230313_195902.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

It will always baffle me why any adult would care about how a football kit looks. 

If you care enough about a football team to contribute to an online forum dedicated to it, it’s not unreasonable to have an opinion on the identity and appearance of that team, of which the kit is a key component.

Not remotely baffling.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Great spot, that is embarrassing for the club. Not much better than Jon Lansdown booting up an old Windows 98 computer and seeing what's on the clipart.     

It's lazy. I also think it means the logo can't be trademarked so anyone can use the design and put it on hats mugs etc with city not able to do a thing. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

It will always baffle me why any adult would care about how a football kit looks. 

Well, some reasons why a good quality, well designed shirt is important:-

* extra one percent performance from players feeling good about what they’re wearing.

* extra cash generated from shirt sales

* Club image to wider audience

* longevity of the shirt for purchasers

Thats just off the top of my head. Sure there are many other reasons. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you care enough about a football team to contribute to an online forum dedicated to it, it’s not unreasonable to have an opinion on the identity and appearance of that team, of which the kit is a key component.

Not remotely baffling.

It’s not a key component though is it. I have zero opinion on any other teams kit. We play in red. Job done. 

47 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

So the FA website says this:

‘Under the new rules, if a club wishes to make a material change to its club crest, or change its recognised home shirt colours, it must undertake a thorough and extensive consultation process with supporters. 

A club must also be able to evidence that a majority of its supporters are in favour of any proposed changes (such as via an independently-run poll of season ticket holders, the club’s Community Benefit Society, and supporters that have attended a certain number of home matches).’

Have we got round this on a technicality by having the badge on the back? 

Yes these are a reference to the FAs new rules on heritage protection. These were brought in earlier this season. The White Paper suggests that the Government thinks this is sufficient protection. I cannot find the full new rules published anywhere though, so have no idea what they actually say beyond the press releases.

Have you got a copy?