IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plus that's a training/leisure kit not a match kit. There's no regulation or rules on training kits.

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Have they not worn that during matches ?

That has been worn during a match. It was their third kit for the 21/22 season.

Edited by Taz

20 minutes ago, Taz said:

That has been worn during a match. It was their third kit for the 21/22 season.

26 minutes ago, lenred said:

That was a kit not training wear.   A few teams had similar.   AC Milan and Marseilles included.  

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Have they not worn that during matches ?

Fair enough, I remembered it as training kit.

39 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Are we trying to be a bit Man City and dump the badge off a kit?

The thing is, everyone says how terrible that Man City kit is....but at least you know it's Man City, cos it literally says it in huge letters!

Plus they still have their crest woven into the front of the kit...

3rd-kit-gall-jack.jpg

But it still looks quality it has an Identity our merchandise is nothing but shocking how does our new badge give us identity it doesn't.

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

No chance. They never get anything wrong. Criticism is never recognised nor replied to. 

True, however they did listen to fan outrage when that monstrosity of a shirt from TFG that has been posted on here from 2005 was released..

I genuinely can’t remember another shirt since then that has seen as much negative feedback..!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

True, however they did listen to fan outrage when that monstrosity of a shirt from TFG that has been posted on here from 2005 was released..

I genuinely can’t remember another shirt since then that has seen as much negative feedback..!

This is the Lansdown era though, it's tory (spit) style "ignore it & it will go away" whilst you spin your own narrative. If you remember there was a lot of negative feedback at the "Gold & Navy" top that Bristol Sport brought out across the rugby & football teams 6 or 7 (?) years ago. 

Forgetting the awful badge for a second, in what way is this NOT a template? I’m certain you could go to any major sportswear manufacturer and find a plain yellow shirt with green collar. There’s literally nothing unique about it other than the stupid bird badge….. which if you were mad enough could have been stuck on any generic yellow shirt. We look so bloody tinpot.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Yes when you consider a shirt that is popular will sell and sell bringing £££'s into the club. We could be looking at a potential to fulfill lots of orders, unlike Hummel, but a shirt that is vastly unpopular. I

doubt if the club is stupid enough to pre-order masses of stock, but will keep stock levels regularly replenished. They must have lost out on thousands of pounds this season as the shirts were popular but they couldn't source stock, now I think the opposite will happen. More than likely people will buy one shirt instead of their usual two. Hopefully we will be saved by the away shirt, whatever that is.

5 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Forgetting the awful badge for a second, in what way is this NOT a template? I’m certain you could go to any major sportswear manufacturer and find a plain yellow shirt with green collar. There’s literally nothing unique about it other than the stupid bird badge….. which if you were mad enough could have been stuck on any generic yellow shirt. We look so bloody tinpot.  

Yes I agree, I though we would have something woven into the material so that it would be uniquely us. the Robin, the bridge, the badge our name, anything! 

This looks Downs football bland. Off the peg school PE kit type level

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They’re really pushing this Robin thing aren’t they. Looks more like a jumper from the childrenswear section at Asda than professional sportswear.

We suddenly look so amateur again.

53D3962E-B926-435E-8DA7-7C9AB548D518.jpeg

It looks absolutely dreadful and screams a big corporate HR department pushing for this flying Robin to be put out there for everyone to see.

So out of touch with the fans it's unbelievable.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It looks absolutely dreadful and screams a big corporate HR department pushing for this flying Robin to be put out there for everyone to see.

So out of touch with the fans it's unbelievable.

Makes no sense to me why you’d push this without a bit of market research first to determine if anyone actually wants it.

It’s clearly gone down like a bucket of sick, so just drop it.

20 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

The robin is a mere fly in the ointment compared to the badge on the back of the neck ?‍♂️

Could have been so good

It’s almost as if the shirt manufacturer misread the design instructions!

I haven’t a particular problem with the robin design, aside from it being a bit naff that it’s a stock image. Think it works quite well on the back of the shirt where it was on the Hummel. Quite subtle and classy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fair enough, I remembered it as training kit.

To be fair it may have been used in the Champions League more than the league, but I have no idea if that is the case. Just remember seeing match reports where they were wearing it and thinking it looks shit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Yes when you consider a shirt that is popular will sell and sell bringing £££'s into the club. We could be looking at a potential to fulfill lots of orders, unlike Hummel, but a shirt that is vastly unpopular. I

doubt if the club is stupid enough to pre-order masses of stock, but will keep stock levels regularly replenished. They must have lost out on thousands of pounds this season as the shirts were popular but they couldn't source stock, now I think the opposite will happen. More than likely people will buy one shirt instead of their usual two. Hopefully we will be saved by the away shirt, whatever that is.

Hopefully we ditch O’Neills after a season or two. Let’s pray we haven’t signed a long term contract with them..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bris Red said:

That anniversary kit mash up was terrible, did anyone actually buy it?  The worst kits for me were defo the TFG ones (whoever they were), and some of the lotto ones were suspect as well!  

The Yellow & Green Thorn Security one is my fave of that colour!

this site is great to see all the previous kits:

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/bristol-city-kits/#1990s

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

City should really do retro shirts like England do. There are certainly a few I would buy. 89 home and away as well as 90 home and away. 

Give it a while and we will no doubt remake it into the next seasons shirt. 

I wonder how they they spin some though:

'Next years kit is based on the much beloved champagne kit from the Gary Johnson era. Playfully dubbed the 'korma' or 'puke' shirt by City fans it was worn by City legends such as Bas Savage, Matt Haywood and Grant Smith.'

• Haha 2